• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another Day, another article about the climate collapsing!

Prove it.

If we consider a global average of 2C, then the breakdown has almost no increase where it is already warm. What makes you think the increase is linear? It's the cold climates that will warm, making more livable land.

Cities like Hong Kong, Bangkok, and Las Vegas have all reported increasingly hotter temperatures within the last 5-10 years.

It's the urban heat island effect making summers harder on people living in rural and urban areas. Not a global increase.

Where do you suppose, say, half of the 8 billion people on this planet are going to relocate to?

That's definitely resource mismanagement, yes, but that's not to be confused with climate change, which makes a bad problem already worse. Both climate change and resource mismanagement are caused by over-consumption, environmental spoilage from production, and waste.
The point is that land with marginal rainfall was never intended to support the large populations that live there or the large agricultural
practices currently being utilized. We can force nature to do something for a short period of time, but we create an untenable situation.
One need only fly over the desert Southwest to see artificially irrigated fields.
Consider what the land will look like a year after they run out of water for irrigation?

1651506940306.jpeg

Cities like Hong Kong, Bangkok, and Las Vegas have all reported increasingly hotter temperatures within the last 5-10 years.
Yes.... The cities. This isn't AGW, it's the urban heat island effect.
Where do you suppose, say, half of the 8 billion people on this planet are going to relocate to?
Relocate from what? Cities that are at least 5 C warmer than they would be if the land wasn't capped off with asphalt, concrete, and buildings?

Prove it.

If we consider a global average of 2C, then the breakdown has almost no increase where it is already warm. What makes you think the increase is linear? It's the cold climates that will warm, making more livable land.

It's the urban heat island effect making summers harder on people living in rural and urban areas. Not a global increase.
I had no idea India is just one giant urban center.

:rolleyes:

E4015BB7-08D6-4BFA-8320-08CA0245CA53.jpeg

Weird how I can’t see any relationship to heat and the cities that I know in India. I guess your claim is just bullshit, as usual.

In your dreams, I bet.
Do you know the street grid of Chicago? Can you calculate in your head the distance between two addresses given a street name and a house number?
Do you know the algorithm for treating Atrial Fibrillation and designing stroke prevention strategies in those patients?
Do you know the IPCC is a consensus document involving virtually every significant climate scientist on the globe?
Do you know that many early cities actually had no evidence of rulers - and the societies were presumed to be egalitarian representative democracies, with little evidence of violence and war, unlike what is usually taught?
Do you know the airspeed velocity of a fully laden swallow?

The point is that land with marginal rainfall was never intended to support the large populations that live there or the large agricultural
practices currently being utilized. We can force nature to do something for a short period of time, but we create an untenable situation.
One need only fly over the desert Southwest to see artificially irrigated fields. Consider what the land will look like a year after they run out of water for irrigation?

I don't necessarily disagree with you that we are probably outstripping resources. Moreover, I also agree with the idea that some things are attributed to climate change that aren't entirely attributable. I think wildfires are an example. The dryness is definitely a result of climate change, but not necessarily the size of the fire, or its impact on people. There's evidence that before settlement, forest fires could be quite large. In fact, containment actually prevents forest fires from burning as they otherwise would have, making the threat of future fires in the vicinity of recent fires very likely.

But none of that changes the reality that human industrial activity has emitted so much heat-trapping carbon and methane in the atmosphere that it is creating atmospheric and oceanic conditions that are extremely dangerous -- at least for modern animals, which includes us. Yes, carbon levels in prior eras make current greenhouse levels seem small by comparison, but it's the speed at which we're changing the atmosphere that's problematic. Species evolve over time, not over the course of just 100-250 years.

I don't necessarily disagree with you that we are probably outstripping resources. Moreover, I also agree with the idea that some things are attributed to climate change that aren't entirely attributable. I think wildfires are an example. The dryness is definitely a result of climate change, but not necessarily the size of the fire, or its impact on people. There's evidence that before settlement, forest fires could be quite large. In fact, containment actually prevents forest fires from burning as they otherwise would have, making the threat of future fires in the vicinity of recent fires very likely.

But none of that changes the reality that human industrial activity has emitted so much heat-trapping carbon and methane in the atmosphere that it is creating atmospheric and oceanic conditions that are extremely dangerous -- at least for modern animals, which includes us. Yes, carbon levels in prior eras make current greenhouse levels seem small by comparison, but it's the speed at which we're changing the atmosphere that's problematic. Species evolve over time, not over the course of just 100-250 years.
The reality is that CO2 is not doing what is claimed, in fact the longwave radiation leaving the Earth has been slightly increasing.
Surface Irradiances of Edition 4.0 Clouds and the Earth’s Radiant Energy System (CERES) Energy Balanced and Filled (EBAF) Data Product
the global annual mean surface net shortwave irradiance is 165 ± 6 W m−2 and global annual mean
net longwave irradiance is approximately −53 W m−2 (Stephens et al. 2012),
where a positive value indicates net energy deposition to the surface.
So while CO2 and other greenhouse gasses have been increasing, the effects they are supposed to be causing is actually decreasing.

The reality is that CO2 is not doing what is claimed, in fact the longwave radiation leaving the Earth has been slightly increasing.
Surface Irradiances of Edition 4.0 Clouds and the Earth’s Radiant Energy System (CERES) Energy Balanced and Filled (EBAF) Data Product

So while CO2 and other greenhouse gasses have been increasing, the effects they are supposed to be causing is actually decreasing.
LOL.

Are we back to the ‘it’s cooling’ denier stance now?

Haven’t heard that since Jack Hays got booted.

LOL.

Are we back to the ‘it’s cooling’ denier stance now?

Haven’t heard that since Jack Hays got booted.
Not at all, but the concept of AGW is that CO2 blocks longwave radiation from leaving the atmosphere,
but that is not what is being observed.

Not at all, but the concept of AGW is that CO2 blocks longwave radiation from leaving the atmosphere,
but that is not what is being observed.
Yes, what’s being observed is increasingly hotter global temperatures.

Which is exactly what the IPCC forecasted 30 years ago.

Yes, what’s being observed is increasingly hotter global temperatures.

Which is exactly what the IPCC forecasted 30 years ago.
If someone predicted that the street would be wet because it rained some time in the future,
and on that day the street was indeed wet, because a fire hydrant was broken,
would you say the prediction was accurate?
If the added CO2 is not blocking the longwave radiation as predicted,
perhaps it is time to revisit the prediction!

If someone predicted that the street would be wet because it rained some time in the future,
and on that day the street was indeed wet, because a fire hydrant was broken,
would you say the prediction was accurate?
If the added CO2 is not blocking the longwave radiation as predicted,
perhaps it is time to revisit the prediction!

You were denying warming until just a few years ago.

Yeah- you keep obsessing over LWR and they’ll keep making accurate predictions.

You were denying warming until just a few years ago.

Yeah- you keep obsessing over LWR and they’ll keep making accurate predictions.
So cite and quote where I denied that the average temperature had increased?
put up or shut up?

Uh, cool story bro.

I'll go with NASA and other global scientists when they conclude that carbon is increasing, temperatures are increasing, and the earth's energy budget has doubled in the past decade or two.

So cite and quote where I denied that the average temperature had increased?
put up or shut up?
As I said, it was years ago, before it became obvious.

I wont even try to look. But I know you never said a word when Jack Hays posted his ‘cooling’ posts and his Mockton monthly summaries as he did for years.

Uh, cool story bro.

I'll go with NASA and other global scientists when they conclude that carbon is increasing, temperatures are increasing, and the earth's energy budget has doubled in the past decade or two.
So what evidence can you cite supporting the link between CO2 increasing and the temperature increasing?

In addition what do you mean that Earth's energy budget has doubled in the past decade or two?
do you have a citation for that?

As I said, it was years ago, before it became obvious.

I wont even try to look. But I know you never said a word when Jack Hays posted his ‘cooling’ posts and his Mockton monthly summaries as he did for years.
So you cannot cite and quote where I denied that the average temperature had increased?
So what does that make your comment?

So you cannot cite and quote where I denied that the average temperature had increased?
So what does that make your comment?
Or maybe all the whining about daytime vs nighttime temp records just made it sound like you were denying warming.

Weird that you never corrected any deniers when they claimed cooling tho.

Or maybe all the whining about daytime vs nighttime temp records just made it sound like you were denying warming.

Weird that you never corrected any deniers when they claimed cooling tho.
There you go making up stuff again that you are unable or unwilling to support!

So what evidence can you cite supporting the link between CO2 increasing and the temperature increasing?

I don't know...what evidence can you cite supporting the link between O2 decreasing and hypoxia?

Do you know the street grid of Chicago? Can you calculate in your head the distance between two addresses given a street name and a house number?
Do you know the algorithm for treating Atrial Fibrillation and designing stroke prevention strategies in those patients?
Do you know the IPCC is a consensus document involving virtually every significant climate scientist on the globe?
Do you know that many early cities actually had no evidence of rulers - and the societies were presumed to be egalitarian representative democracies, with little evidence of violence and war, unlike what is usually taught?
Do you know the airspeed velocity of a fully laden swallow?
Rambling again I see.

Back
Top Bottom