• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another conservative Putin propagandist!

Antiwar

Green Party progressive
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

These people aren't normal!

Bacevich was born in Normal, Illinois

Title: Andrew Bacevich: Ukraine is Paying the Price for the U.S. “Recklessly” Pushing NATO Expansion​

Bacevich has described himself as a "Catholic conservative"

Historian, writer, professor; Colonel, U.S. Army (Retired)

transcript, audio, video: www.democracynow.org/2022/3/11/andrew_bacevich_iraq_connection_russian_invasion
First of all, I'm surprised that such a left-wing program like Democracy Now would even have this man on their show. He's not their run of the mill leftist.

Anyway, Antiwar...you must have not read much of the interview.

I am not a Putin apologist and he is the principal cause of this catastrophe that we are experiencing, but Putin had been quite candid in warning that the eastward movement of NATO, and in particular the possibility of Ukraine joining NATO, constituted from his perspective a vital threat, a threat to vital Russian security interests. We ignored that, and I think to some degree, this terrible, unnecessary war is a result of that​

Or, maybe you are just following the pro-Globalist tactic of falsely characterizing anyone who speaks against the Biden pukes as being a "Putin propagandist".

(Alinsky's Rule #12)

First of all, I'm surprised that such a left-wing program like Democracy Now would even have this man on their show. He's not their run of the mill leftist.

I am not a Putin apologist and he is the principal cause of this catastrophe that we are experiencing, but Putin had been quite candid in warning that the eastward movement of NATO, and in particular the possibility of Ukraine joining NATO, constituted from his perspective a vital threat, a threat to vital Russian security interests. We ignored that, and I think to some degree, this terrible, unnecessary war is a result of that​

Or, maybe you are just following the pro-Globalist tactic of falsely characterizing anyone who speaks against the Biden pukes as being a "Putin propagandist".

(Alinsky's Rule #12)

DN! kicks ass!

You're right, I didn't read much of the interview- I did somewhat listen to it, though, and I heard that part loud and clear.

The title may contain bits of sarcasm because it was produced in a factory that processes sarcasm and nuts.

I'm not a "GLOBALIST!," I'm an environmentalist and a peacementalist.

Alinsky's rule for radicals number 29: Don't call someone on DP 'Pony Boy,' even jokingly, because you'll get dinged. :geek:

DN! kicks ass!

You're right, I didn't read much of the interview- I did somewhat listen to it, though, and I heard that part loud and clear.

The title may contain bits of sarcasm because it was produced in a factory that processes sarcasm and nuts.

Alinsky's rule for radicals number 29: Don't call someone on DP 'Pony Boy,' even jokingly, because you'll get dinged. :geek:

“I’m not a globalist”, claims the guy who thinks all war should be subsumed to an “international justice system”.

You got that right!* Be sure to spring your stopped clock forward, this weekend.

* "GLOBALIST!"

...Putin had been quite candid in warning that the eastward movement of NATO, and in particular the possibility of Ukraine joining NATO, constituted from his perspective a vital threat, a threat to vital Russian security interests. We ignored that, and I think to some degree, this terrible, unnecessary war is a result of that

(Alinsky's Rule #12)
Putin should have been warning Ukrainians not NATO. Russia signed the Treaty on Friendship, Cooperation, and Partnership between Ukraine and the Russian Federation in 1997. But now he's changed his mind and is, 'forced' to invade because of NATO? So because Putin failed to live up to his agreement, NATO is somehow responsible?

Conservatives who imply NATO (Biden) is to some degree responsible for Putin's invasion, are not so much "Putin propagandists" as they are Putin apologists and appeasers...

DN! kicks ass!

I didn't say you were a Globalist, but being and environmentalist and a peacementalist certainly won't stop you from using Alinsky tactics.

I didn't say you were a Globalist, but being and environmentalist and a peacementalist certainly won't stop you from using Alinsky tactics.

Trotsky Icepicks.

(Alinsky's Rule #12)
Total Bullshit.

Putin is not the "principal" cause of the invasion, he is the sole cause. Any attempt to dump this on NATO expansion is a joke, and buying into Putin's lie. How exactly has NATO threatened the sovereignty of Russia? When was the last NATO country to attack russia? When was the last time one threatened to?

Total Bullshit.

Putin is not the "principal" cause of the invasion, he is the sole cause. Any attempt to dump this on NATO expansion is a joke, and buying into Putin's lie. How exactly has NATO threatened the sovereignty of Russia? When was the last NATO country to attack russia? When was the last time one threatened to?
NATO has attacked a LOT of countries. What makes you think they won't attack Russia? Better yet, why should Putin think NATO won't attack Russia?

Back
Top Bottom