• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another congressional end-run

VF500

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Cap and Trade got rejected by congress so that all there is to that, right? Welllllll, no. Just like Death Panels, Cap and Trade is going to be an end-run around congress too. And God knows how bad global warming is getting on the East Coast. Oh, wait a minute. The East Coast is all snowed in right now. They even had to put off the Sunday Night Football game until Tuesday night because the winter weather was so bad it was too dangerous to be out on the roads. I hoope Obama can't fly back to D.C. It would be the best thing he's done in the last two years. You liberals are funnier than a barrel of monkeys. Again, this is why Democrat brains sell for thousands and thousands of dollars a pound. There isn't one full pound of brains in Obama's whole administration. :lamo

Last edited:
So when the "death panel" thread did not go the way you wanted as every one saw through that charade, you start another complaining that the agency whose job it is to protect the environment is going to protect the environment.

So when the "death panel" thread did not go the way you wanted as every one saw through that charade, you start another complaining that the agency whose job it is to protect the environment is going to protect the environment.

If cap and trade gets through it's going to hurt everyone, especially the poor. Protect the environment from what? Global Warming?...oh no..the new term for man made destruction of the planet is Climate Change...........Whoops.....now scientists are saying greenhouse gases are responsible for the coming Ice Age.

If cap and trade gets through it's going to hurt everyone, especially the poor. Protect the environment from what? Global Warming?...oh no..the new term for man made destruction of the planet is Climate Change...........Whoops.....now scientists are saying greenhouse gases are responsible for the coming Ice Age.

None of which even addresses my point.

Does any one find it amusing that people who believe in death panels tend to not believe in manmade climate change?

Does any one find it amusing that people who believe in death panels tend to not believe in manmade climate change?

I find it amusing that anyone who doesn't see rationing care, and insisting on yearly end of life talks, as a form of death panels. I also find it amusing that anyone still believes in Man Made Global Warming, Climate Change, or now man is causing the Ice Age. Funny, how no matter what the climate is now or will become it calls for cap and trade legislation.

I find it amusing that anyone who doesn't see rationing care, and insisting on yearly end of life talks, as a form of death panels.

That's just absurd and more "the sky is falling" catastrophizing. Doctors talk with patients about options. Anything beyond that is you creating crap that doesn't exist. Redress is right. The "death panel" thread was shown to be a ridiculous fallacy, so you folks moved on and tried something else.

I find it amusing that anyone who doesn't see rationing care, and insisting on yearly end of life talks, as a form of death panels. I also find it amusing that anyone still believes in Man Made Global Warming, Climate Change, or now man is causing the Ice Age. Funny, how no matter what the climate is now or will become it calls for cap and trade legislation.

Rationing health care is not happening, nor is any one forced to have yearly end of life talks. Having options is not the same thing as mandatory.

The preponderance of evidence suggests that man made climate change is happening. I don't based on my limited understanding think it is a sure thing, but that it is by far the most likely explanation of data. I base that on actually researching the topic some.

What charade are you talking about? Here's what your guy Earl Blumenauer the D. from Oregon had to say about the resurrection of death panels. Democrats love sneaking around in the dark.

After learning of the administration’s decision, Mr. Blumenauer’s office celebrated “a quiet victory,” but urged supporters not to crow about it.

“While we are very happy with the result, we won’t be shouting it from the rooftops because we aren’t out of the woods yet,” Mr. Blumenauer’s office said in an e-mail in early November to people working with him on the issue. “This regulation could be modified or reversed, especially if Republican leaders try to use this small provision to perpetuate the ‘death panel’ myth.”
Moreover, the e-mail said:
“We would ask that you not broadcast this accomplishment out to any of your lists, even if they are ‘supporters’ — e-mails can too easily be forwarded.”

Obama enacts end-of-life plan that drew 'death panel' claims

How's that for a chop in your charade?

Back
Top Bottom