• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Another Christian Crusade – Jesus runs the White House!

Zero Hour

Reaction score
Note: This is another older article, made soon after the Natonal election.

It’s time to get out your prayer mats, folks – Jesus is in the White House. That’s right; the conservatives are back, and with a vengeance.

George W. Bush was just recently reelected – what does this mean for the rest of the world? Namely, those that aren’t Jesus freaks. Not to say that Bush is, but if you’ve noticed, a lot of Republicans and other Conservatives are simply a mouthpiece for “The will of God”.

I think that we can expect another wave of ultra-conservatism. A lot of people are like me; they don’t agree with banning gay marriage, they oppose war, and they don’t think that the United States of America should simply be God playing politics. Now, I’m not going to go into all the issues; those are covered succinctly elsewhere.

But here’s what I will do. I’ll give some examples that show just how far Jesus is running the Show. Also, please note that I don’t necessarily agree or disagree with each of these – I take them as they come, and don’t stick to one side’s view on everything.

Gay marriage – Well, lookie here! It’s un-Christian to allow gays to get married (It’s expressly forbidden in the Bible), and lo and behold, the conservatives want to amend the constitution to forbid it.

Abortion – Now, who’s to say if it’s right or wrong? The Christians. And, religious folks in general. They feel that life is sacred, and that we shouldn’t play God.

Stem cell research – Another attempt at playing God. And, of course, Christians believe that only God is God, so this is another no-no.

Those are three of the biggest issues in today’s world. And you know whose voice is the loudest in banning all of these? The conservatives. Now, this isn’t to say that conservatives are all bad. Sometimes the liberals are a bit too liberal. But it seems that when something comes to a head, the liberals use their heads, and the conservatives turn to Jesus – after all, God knows everything…right?

Zero Hour said:
Abortion – Now, who’s to say if it’s right or wrong? The Christians. And, religious folks in general. They feel that life is sacred, and that we shouldn’t play God.

Stem cell research – Another attempt at playing God. And, of course, Christians believe that only God is God, so this is another no-no.
These two are blanket statments. You will find that there are some here that are NOT Christians and do not agree with either.

Welcome to Debate Politics!

vauge said:
These two are blanket statments. You will find that there are some here that are NOT Christians and do not agree with either.

Welcome to Debate Politics!

Ah, but they would probably have reached their conclusions byu thinking about it rather than having a knee-jerk reaction! Had to be said. Don't blame the messenger!

Back
Top Bottom