• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another central american migrant caravan is forming, but it’s reportedly not heading for us

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
View attachment 67246847

Caravans are forming........isn’t Daily Caller a RW rag?

”“We assume that this caravan … will pick up more people in El Salvador and Guatemala. But their aim is to arrive in Chiapas and request work there,” Irma Garrido of migrant advocate group Reactiva Tijuana Foundation said according to a story by Mexico News Daily Monday.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/28/migrant-caravan-honduras-guatemala/

LOL. Trump is threatening to make the citizens of three countries even more economically desperate because a caravan is forming to travel from one of those countries to a state in Mexico?

Yes, that will do wonders for our national security. /sarcasm

They'd probably be better off in Chiapas than in this ****hole country.

View attachment 67246847

”“We assume that this caravan … will pick up more people in El Salvador and Guatemala. But their aim is to arrive in Chiapas and request work there,” Irma Garrido of migrant advocate group Reactiva Tijuana Foundation said according to a story by Mexico News Daily Monday.

15,000+ this time. Well, hopefully Mexico will be able to accommodate this bunch. You can be certain they won't be coming into the US.

15,000+ this time. Well, hopefully Mexico will be able to accommodate this bunch. You can be certain they won't be coming into the US.

I heard it was 150,000 male military age cannibal cyborgs.

Fix bayonets!!

They'd probably be better off in Chiapas than in this ****hole country.

They're figuring that out. The news is finally spreading about the kind of horrors Trump is willing to subject them to. So Trumpsters should be cheering.

Hey, Trump should be cheering. "Mission accomplished. My draconian measures worked."

Instead he's threatening to cut off support because of a new caravan which isn't even coming to America.

More evidence that he is more about hate than he is about good outcomes.

They're figuring that out. The news is finally spreading about the kind of horrors Trump is willing to subject them to. So Trumpsters should be cheering.

Hey, Trump should be cheering. "Mission accomplished. My draconian measures worked."

Instead he's threatening to cut off support because of a new caravan which isn't even coming to America.

More evidence that he is more about hate than he is about good outcomes.

I like to think Trump was doing what he figured best for the country and still decent. Nonetheless, the draconian measures enacted, from whatever hell they were hatched, were always about scaring away brown people.

A horrible disgrace for America.

No more ruining families for a misdemeanor. Make it stop.

I like to think Trump was doing what he figured best for the country and still decent. Nonetheless, the draconian measures enacted, from whatever hell they were hatched, were always about scaring away brown people.

A horrible disgrace for America.

No more ruining families for a misdemeanor. Make it stop.

dafuque?

I heard it was 150,000 male military age cannibal cyborgs.

Fix bayonets!!

That sir is a crack in the space-time continuum. Only Time Traveler extraordinaire and God Emperor of the United States, Donald J. Trump can fix it!!!!

There are a lot of factors that go into a bad decision made with good intentions. I don't, in general, assign negative or malevolent motives. People try and blunder more often than people are evil. I consider the separation of families in custody for asylum processing a blunder. I say no custody, release to Mexico (instead of US) with stipend during processing.

View attachment 67246847

If this caravan is planning to end in Southern Mexico, then President Trump's plan is working. If on the other hand they end up at our border, then they will get in line behind the thousands already camping on the south side of our border, then President Trump's plan is working.

Thanks President Trump.

There are a lot of factors that go into a bad decision made with good intentions. I don't, in general, assign negative or malevolent motives. People try and blunder more often than people are evil. I consider the separation of families in custody for asylum processing a blunder. I say no custody, release to Mexico with stipend during processing.

Easy for you; you’ll be in Africa when everything comes unglued.........can a veteran get a sharecropper gig?

Easy for you; you’ll be in Africa when everything comes unglued.........can a veteran get a sharecropper gig?

The longer I wait, the more sharecrops available. I can only tend so much land.

There are a lot of factors that go into a bad decision made with good intentions. I don't, in general, assign negative or malevolent motives. People try and blunder more often than people are evil. I consider the separation of families in custody for asylum processing a blunder. I say no custody, release to Mexico (instead of US) with stipend during processing.

Except...

Obama detained families, albeit together, but was ordered by court to release them (hence "catch and release"....with electronic monitoring and a legal guide/resources). I would be surprised if Trump paid enough attention to know that, but people around him must have told him. Can I prove it? No. But with all the reports about him ignoring the advice of, well, everyone, I think it's a pretty damn reasonable inference.

He not only restarted the long detentions, but deliberately instated indefinite separations. They still haven't and probably will never get all the kids back with their parents. He did it after running in large part on castigating these people. And while I might have to go googling to 'prove' it, he said a number of things a number of times from which there's just about an inescapable inference that this plot was designed to create an issue to cudgel with, and perhaps a side wedge-issue to stir up trouble between people willing to vote for Ds but who are really concerned about illegal immigration.

I do not see it as trying and blundering. It smelled, no smells, callous, deliberate, and with the same seeming disregard for other conscious minds that he just about always displays.

That is, even if he thought it was "best for the country" to engage in such vile policymaking, he still did it.....and he must have been told it was already ruled out, and did it despite having at least a basic understanding of what it is to be a parent.

If someone thinks the best thing for the country is to act illegally and cruelly, I'm not going to grant them a "blunder" defense.

LOL. Trump is threatening to make the citizens of three countries even more economically desperate because a caravan is forming to travel from one of those countries to a state in Mexico?

Yes, that will do wonders for our national security. /sarcasm

How many immigrants are you currently sponsoring?

View attachment 67246847

He is trying to drum up his base again? He really hyped up the last caravan. We saw Trump posters freaking out, and posting that the invaders were threatening our very sovereignty. Some posters went as far as accusing Soros of funding it, and muslim terrorists hiding in it. Armies and militias were sent to the boarder. Trump told them to use deadly force and fire on them if necessary, and NOTHING happened.

Trump is nothing but demagogue.

Wise up Trump supporters.

What's this "we" ****, pale face?

It consists of all Americans manning the border... and some of us watching from overseas...

How many immigrants are you currently sponsoring?

What does that have to do with Trump threatening foreign aid to Central American countries because a caravan is traveling from Honduras to Mexico and not to the U.S.?

Oh, that's right, nothing.

If this caravan is planning to end in Southern Mexico, then President Trump's plan is working. If on the other hand they end up at our border, then they will get in line behind the thousands already camping on the south side of our border, then President Trump's plan is working.

Thanks President Trump.

See ... that's what Trump is supposed to be doing. He's supposed to say "My plan is working. Yay me. All hail me." Instead he's threatening to end foreign aid because a caravan is traveling from Honduras to Mexico and staying out of the U.S.?

It's like with his trade war. He has no exit strategy. No definition of what winning is. Just beat the drum and threaten people. Even when it looks like they're taking his advice and staying the hell out of our country.

What does that have to do with Trump threatening foreign aid to Central American countries because a caravan is traveling from Honduras to Mexico and not to the U.S.?

Oh, that's right, nothing.

You want open borders. I'm wondering if you're doing your part. I guess you aren't. Why not?

Back
Top Bottom