• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Another bombing

mikhail

blond bombshell
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Just come through on a quick news report of another uncomfirmed bombing in a tube station in london. Nofurther details yet.

mikhail said:
Just come through on a quick news report of another uncomfirmed bombing in a tube station in london. Nofurther details yet.

Quick!...Everyone look everywhere but Middle East terrorists!....We don't want to offend anybody!....

I think this has been fairly well handle no reported deaths. However the bomb that didnt go off the police have and they shoul be able to get an idea what country it came from.

BBC now saying that 4 explosions confirmed.

France just surrendered....

Tony Blair to speak in 15 mins.

Naughty Nurse said:
Gosh, your wit knows no bounds. :roll:

Wow...someone from the UK defending France?

Strange bedfellows....Literally, in this case....

cnredd said:

I'm not defending anybody - I'm attacking you. Wake up.

cnredd said:
France just surrendered....

gotta admit that made me laugh

mikhail said:
gotta admit that made me laugh

That's all it was meant to do. But some people walk around like they got something up their ass...in this case, I guessing someone named "Nigel"

vauge said:
Tony Blair to speak in 15 mins.
We'll get stuttering with emotion & close to tears politicians theatrical play acting from him. Like a president when they go all... gee ya'll know what ah mean mom & apple pie.
Why can't he talk like a man, like the emergency service guys do when interviewed ?
Stupid crusading oaf. He's partly to blame for anti UK sentiment. Pakistan is far more a seat of terrorism than Iraq. What the hell are we doing in Iraq ?
If the cost of the Iraq war had been spent on better surveylance of these maniacs that come back from Pakistan totally brainwashed, then that would be more of a war on terror.

Last edited:
cnredd said:

Not at all. Contrary to the lies you're fed we have a very good relationship.
It's only Blair that sucks up to your idiot president. The British people don't support his arse-licking and aren't with you over Iraq. And now they're being made targets again for the Blair/Bush folly.

robin said:
We'll get stuttering with emotion & close to tears politicians theatrical play acting from him. Like a president when they go all... gee ya'll know what ah mean mom & apple pie.
Why can't he talk like a man, like the emergency service guys do when interviewed ?
Stupid crusading oaf. He's partly to blame for anti UK sentiment. Pakistan is far more a seat of terrorism than Iraq. What the hell are we doing in Iraq ?
If the cost of the Iraq war had been spent on better surveylance of these maniacs that come back from Pakistan totally brainwashed, then that would be more of a war on terror.

I think your a bit off. If you watched (or currently watching) Blair - you would have seen that his first order of business was to welcome the Austrailian Prime minister. The terrorisim was placed on the back burner.

Very good choice for him IMO. It subtly tells those b*stards that they are not at all hurting the resolve.

John Howard, PM of Australia....(paraphrasing cause he just said it live)

"We can't combat 21st century terrorism with 20th century answers".

What a great line....

John Howard just hit one out of the park with his response to a reporter questioning whether London might be a target of terrorism due to the Iraq war.

Did anyone else catch that?

vauge said:
that they are not at all hurting the resolve.
Resolve to what ?.... carry on fighting terror in a country thousands of miles away that have next to nothing to do with terrorism ?
Trying to defeat an ideology by using guns & bombs !
& what do we have for an intelligence service on the home front ?.... MI5 telling us a month ago that 'No one had the means or desire to bomb us' ?
How could they possibly say claim such a thing with such conviction ?
How could they possibly know whether such a claim would be true in a country like UK that is hundreds of square miles in size ?
How could they possibly know what everyone of 55 million British people are thinking in 100 of square miles of country ?
They'd have to have hidden microphones in every UK home & mosque to know that.
All they did was lull us into a false sense of security such that we were caught off guard.
Seems like they are more like the official propaganda machine than an intelligence one.

Last edited:
robin said:
Resolve to what ?.... carry on fighting terror in a country thousands of miles away that have next to nothing to do with terrorism ?
Pray tell, what would you do if you were in the decision seat. Give them what they want? Will that make them go away?

Do you honestly believe this has everything to do with the Iraq war? *NEWS FLASH* we wern't in Iraq when 911 happened.
& what do we have for an intelligence service on the home front ?.... MI5 telling us a month ago that 'No one had the means or desire to bomb us' ?
How could they possibly know whether such a claim would be true in a country like UK that is hundreds of square miles in size ?
How could they possibly know what everyone of 55 million British people are thinking in 100 of square miles of country ?
All they did was lull us into a false sense of security such that we were caught off guard.
Seems like they are more like the official propaganda machine than an intelligence one.
I do not know what you are refering to. Please enlighten me. I never heard that "No one had the means or desire to bomb us".

robin said:
I applaud your statement. :clap: So how has the war on Iraq decreased terrorism? Not at all. In fact one may say it has increased it.

vauge said:
Pray tell, what would you do if you were in the decision seat. Give them what they want? Will that make them go away?

Do you honestly believe this has everything to do with the Iraq war? *NEWS FLASH* we wern't in Iraq when 911 happened.
News Flash

The war on Iraq has nothing to do with 911. So why are we there. If Bush and Blair were smart, they would have infiltrated the terrorist cells and totally destroyed them. Only the ignorant will relate 911 to Iraq.

vauge said:
Do you honestly believe this has everything to do with the Iraq war? *NEWS FLASH* we weren't in Iraq when 911 happened.
I do not know what you are refering to. Please enlighten me. I never heard that "No one had the means or desire to bomb us".

What is it they want ?
What they don't want is US backed Israel dumping on the Palestinians. Americans in Saudi or any other Muslim country. Since you can't fight an ideology with bombs & guns the next best thing is to get TF out of their countries & stop ****ing with them. That's the simple & only solution. Being pragmatic about this is the only answer.

911 attackers didn't come from Iraq.
MI5 are British intelligence... you would not have heard if you in USA.

Thanks citizen ;-)

Last edited:
PS why do so many Americans have child like & naive understanding of the world ?
They seem to think the world's a cowboy movie !
Maybe cos their president is even thicker than John Wayne.
This 'Weez gunna head em off at the pass' mentality of theirs !
Uhhh excuse me Mr Cowboy American.... let me explain.. the pass the 911 terrorists fled to wasn't in Iraq !
Is that simple enough for you in your vernacular ?

Last edited:
robin said:
PS why do so many Americans have child like & naive understanding of the world ?
They seem to think the world's a cowboy movie !
Maybe cos their president is even thicker than John Wayne.
This 'Weez gunna head em off at the pass' mentality of theirs !
Uhhh excuse me Mr Cowboy American.... let me explain.. the pass the 911 terrorists fled to wasn't in Iraq !
Is that simple enough for you in your vernacular ?

why is it that robin only comes out when there's a bombing? When terrorists are being caught or killed, he/she/it has nothing to say. I wonder, would this be considered "ambulance chasing" as many lawyers are accused of? things that make you go hmmmmmm....

Citizen said:
So how has the war on Iraq decreased terrorism? Not at all. In fact one may say it has increased it.

Your right, only the ignorant would assume that all terrorists are or were in Iraq. Equally one would be ignorant to assume that terrorism is the result of Iraq. Additionally it would be ignorant to assume that if we did nothing after 911 it would go away. Now, it would be even more silly to think that terrorism in London would go away if we left Iraq. Iraq is just PART of the war on terrorism. Every country is involved. Iraq is a slither in the grand scheme of things. Sadam was funding suicide bombers in Israel and killing his own people, but that was not terrorism enough I guess.

Citizen said:
If Bush and Blair were smart, they would have infiltrated the terrorist cells and totally destroyed them. Only the ignorant will relate 911 to Iraq.
Interesting statement, you applauded robin's thoughts about being unable to know where terrorism is - yet your next statement is to destroy them.

Where are they?

vauge said:
Pray tell, what would you do if you were in the decision seat.
?

Back
Top Bottom