• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another black teen makes the news . . .

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Teen Hero.jpg

LANCASTER, Penn. -- Temar Boggs, 15, is being praised as a hero after saving a 5-year-old girl from an attempted abduction. Pennsylvania police say the girl was kidnapped while playing in her front yard. Two hours later Temar and a friend spotted the girl in a car and began to pursue the vehicle on their bikes. After being pursued by the two boys for 15 minutes the suspect let the little girl out of the car and drove off. Authorities are still seeking the suspect.

Read More at: Teen chases down man who kidnapped girl, 5 - WRGB CBS6 - Top Stories

Nice, huh?

Most excellent. It's so nice to see some good news now and then. Kudos to this young man. :)

View attachment 67150536

LANCASTER, Penn. -- Temar Boggs, 15, is being praised as a hero after saving a 5-year-old girl from an attempted abduction. Pennsylvania police say the girl was kidnapped while playing in her front yard. Two hours later Temar and a friend spotted the girl in a car and began to pursue the vehicle on their bikes. After being pursued by the two boys for 15 minutes the suspect let the little girl out of the car and drove off. Authorities are still seeking the suspect.

Read More at: Teen chases down man who kidnapped girl, 5 - WRGB CBS6 - Top Stories

Nice, huh?

Bravo, young man... well done!

Now THIS young man is who our President ought to be saying something like...."If I had a son, I HOPE he'd be like Temar Boggs!"

Now THIS young man is who our President ought to be saying something like...."If I had a son, I HOPE he'd be like Temar Boggs!"

Yeah, but he'd probably be lying. IF he had a son, he would probably be more like TM, as he said, in the first place.

That is something we can all agree on.

Heroic act by a fine young man. I wish I could hug him.

Too bad it's not news like this that's splashed all over the front pages.

Too bad it's not news like this that's splashed all over the front pages.

Exactly right, Chris. I'm going to make a point of finding things like this. Incidents like this are good for the soul.

Exactly right, Chris. I'm going to make a point of finding things like this. Incidents like this are good for the soul.

Stories like this unite people instead of dividing them. :)

Thanks MaggieD for starting this thread.

What a great story of a fine young man.

I sure hope he gets invited to the White House, and is sitting beside the First Lady in the gallery at the next State of the Union Address.

Thanks MaggieD for starting this thread.

What a great story of a fine young man.

I sure hope he gets invited to the White House, and is sitting beside the First Lady in the gallery at the next State of the Union Address.

Wouldn't that be a wonderful thing????? If he went to the White House????? What an amazing kid. There's a link on my link that takes you to a video interview of him. What a fine young man . . .

These are the stories we need to be seeing on the news everynight. Instead we get the crap we been getting. Would love to shake this young mans hand. They should be making a big deal out of this story.

Ditto!!

This young man is a hero. Simply refused to let a "bad guy" get away.

Awesome story. Kudos to this boy AND his parents who are raising a wonderful son. Really wish the president would recognize this brave boy.

Great news about an upstanding youth. Troubling to hear of another child abduction attempt though hope they catch the guy, did Temar get the licence plate? it didn't say

View attachment 67150536

Nice, huh?

http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...ys-help-find-abducted-girl-jocelyn-rojas.html

Yeah. I made a post about it 3 days ago :)

Kudos to him for doing the right thing.

That said, the media can't cover this. Why? Because it doesn't divide the country, it brings them together. A united people is a dangerous people.

Wouldn't that be a wonderful thing????? If he went to the White House????? What an amazing kid. There's a link on my link that takes you to a video interview of him. What a fine young man . . .

That would be wonderful Maggie, but instead the president is too busy making speeches and weighing in on the Zimmerman case. :roll:

If the President is really interested in having this conversation about young black youths, he'll invite this boy to the White House, give him some sort of award and publicly proclaim that THIS is the kind of person we all need to strive to be no matter what our skin color.

Damn. Well, I'm disappointed that a wonderful story like this still ends up with a partisan spin. :(

Why do people want the president to comment on this? Wasn't a huge part of your complaints that he shouldn't say stuff he has no jurisdiction over?

And if his son didn't do this, I am sure Obama would still love his son. Why aren't you saying you hope your son is like this?

I know. Not only is he recognized, but a little girl made it home safely. I guess the amber alert helped a lot here. Hope they catch the guy soon.

Heroic act by a fine young man. I wish I could hug him.

Back
Top Bottom