• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another black teen makes the news . . .

I am wondering why his friend wasn't given as much credit. His name wasn't even in the article.

Wouldn't that be a wonderful thing????? If he went to the White House????? What an amazing kid. There's a link on my link that takes you to a video interview of him. What a fine young man . . .

Why do people want the president to comment on this? Wasn't a huge part of your complaints that he shouldn't say stuff he has no jurisdiction over?

Because this is a story that would unite people as opposed to divide them, as so many seem to enjoy doing. This boy saved a little girl from being kidnapped and more than likely her life as well.

Too bad it's not news like this that's splashed all over the front pages.

Awesome story. Kudos to this boy AND his parents who are raising a wonderful son. Really wish the president would recognize this brave boy.

Damn. Well, I'm disappointed that a wonderful story like this still ends up with a partisan spin. :(

I agree. We always hear the ugly in the news....good news never sells, so they say in media entertainment.

And unfortunately Di, some people will always try to spin to the controversial and ugly. :(

The story isn't in the national news that I am aware of. Nobody is talking about it on the Sunday news right now.

If Obama just plucked this kid out of nowhere and held a press conference on it, the usual people would attack him and hammer him on it. Oh look, Obama wants to distract us with this unknown, feel good story instead of talking to the public on how Obamacare is failing, and what he is going to do to fix it.

You think the right wing talking heads, Limbaugh, Oreiley, etc. would all join together in praising him and giving him compliments?

Obama can't unite the country by inviting this kid to the white house. It's sad how divided people are. What you're suggesting wouldn't happen. It's not Obama's fault either. I just don't know if that's how much people dislike him, just him, or it's how deeply.divided people are.

Because this is a story that would unite people as opposed to divide them, as so many seem to enjoy doing. This boy saved a little girl from being kidnapped and more than likely her life as well.

If some of you got everything you wanted Obama wouldn't have said anything about the Zimmerman case. Then after the case, he would would invite this kid over to praise as a black kid, and comment about about looking like his son.

You don't think that would be divisive, considering what America just experienced? What if a white president tried to do something like that?

You don't think that that would be controversy free?

What this kid did is praise worthy, but it would horrible and entirely miss the point if he were taken to Washington to make a political statement.

If some of you got everything you wanted Obama wouldn't have said anything about the Zimmerman case. Then after the case, he would would invite this kid over to praise as a black kid, and comment about about looking like his son.

You don't think that would be divisive, considering what America just experienced? What if a white president tried to do something like that?

You don't think that that would be controversy free?

What this kid did is praise worthy, but it would horrible and entirely miss the point if he were taken to Washington to make a political statement.

What political statement is made by a US president for praising the honorable behavior of a citizen?

The story isn't in the national news that I am aware of. Nobody is talking about it on the Sunday news right now.

If Obama just plucked this kid out of nowhere and held a press conference on it, the usual people would attack him and hammer him on it. Oh look, Obama wants to distract us with this unknown, feel good story instead of talking to the public on how Obamacare is failing, and what he is going to do to fix it.

You think the right wing talking heads, Limbaugh, Oreiley, etc. would all join together in praising him and giving him compliments?

Obama can't unite the country by inviting this kid to the white house. It's sad how divided people are. What you're suggesting wouldn't happen. It's not Obama's fault either. I just don't know if that's how much people dislike him, just him, or it's how deeply.divided people are.

Maybe some would, but a lot more would be appreciative of him trying to unite us for a change.

And if his son didn't do this, I am sure Obama would still love his son. Why aren't you saying you hope your son is like this?

I don't need to, because my son is exactly the sort of young man who would do something like this. :)

And just in case you missed the point entirely (looks that way), this was a reference to the President's comments about Trayvon.... and how he could have picked a better example for his statement.

Back
Top Bottom