• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another Black Guy Detained

Bodi

Just waiting for my set...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

How long do they have to keep him there when they agree he did nothing wrong? How come the other guy, a cop, can make a false report?

How long do they have to keep him there when they agree he did nothing wrong? How come the other guy, a cop, can make a false report?

A couple of things we know:

1. Police were called saying the man made a physical threat on someone, so they kept him from leaving until they could hear both sides of the story and determine if any crime was committed.
2. The police were not aggressive, they didn't handcuff him or put him in the back of the police car... They treated him with respect and did everything possible to calm him down.
3. The officer said he did nothing wrong as it pertains to him being in the neighborhood to deliver papers, not as it pertains to the complaint against him by the gentleman who called.
4. After hearing both sides, the police let him go on his way.

Here's the issue I have with your thread:

1. You don't know what happened between the 2 of them that lead to the police being called, or the other side of the story from the man who called them, yet you jump to the conclusion that the black man did not threaten the guy, and the man who called police made a false report.
2. You falsely imply the police acted improperly not letting him go when he wanted to, and by making him stay until they heard both sides of the story, when their actions were both proper and justified.
3. Your thread title falsely implies that this incident was an example of "racist" police abusing their power to unlawfully detain/arrest a man simply because of the color of his skin. There is not one shred of evidence presented or depicted in that video that substantiates your implications... NOTHING.

This thread is nothing but race bailing pure and simple. It's an example of why things have gotten so politically polarized in our society.

Enough of this identity politics bullshit already.

That happened in January. Here's an update from last month. The stalker sheriff who claimed Sedrick Altheimer threatened him recanted. Now I want to know what happens to the lying stalker sheriff who thought his badge would give him cover for harassing and making a false report about Altheimer.

1650766331583.png

Just a little bit later ... still from late March:

A sheriff in Washington state is under scrutiny after it appears he hassled a newspaper delivery man for simply doing his job. Pierce County Sheriff Ed Troyer called 911 in January, saying a newspaper delivery man threatened him. But Troyer later recanted the claim when talking to Tacoma police.

Troyer is now under fire locally for his actions that night. The Seattle Times editorial board is calling on Troyer to apologize, and others in the community want him to resign. As of Tuesday, Troyer had put out a statement saying, “I am saddened to learn that Mr. Altheimer felt he was treated in an unfair manner.” But he never did apologize.

That happened in January. Here's an update from last month. The stalker sheriff who claimed Sedrick Altheimer threatened him recanted. Now I want to know what happens to the lying stalker sheriff who thought his badge would give him cover for harassing and making a false report about Altheimer.

View attachment 67387217
He should be fined, fired, jailed and forced to pay all of the extra money it cost to get 40 cops diverted from real crime and if an Amber Alert was not responded to quickly enough or a person died in a home robbery that cops normally can respond to or something the cop should be charged with a felony.

He should be fined, fired, jailed and forced to pay all of the extra money it cost to get 40 cops diverted from real crime and if an Amber Alert was not responded to quickly enough or a person died in a home robbery that cops normally can respond to or something the cop should be charged with a felony.
There were 40 cops there?

I'll answer your two questions first, then I have more to say on this later.

1) How long can they keep him there?
As long as it takes for them to complete their investigation.

2) The police appear to understand that he had not done anything wrong in terms of being out early in the morning delivering newspapers. But the radio call was about an alteration, or words, which suggested somebody had been threatened. So, the police are investigating that allegation.

3) How are the officers certain the person who made the call was making a false report,,,, the part about threats? They cops do not know that for certain, and the hostile demeanor of the driver right from the start isn't helping much to assure the police that this man did not make a threat. The man is very angry, almost not quite to the point of boiling over for being contacted by the police, so maybe some anger issues there????? Angry people do sometimes make threats.

Now my opinion.

First off, the police officer doing the investigation was very professional, that is exactly what we want to see. He calmed the driver down with his voice; threated the driver respectfully, go to the bottom of the story, and nobody was hurt.

The driver was angry and excited, and to me seemed to suggest that HE had some kind of anger issues, or hyper sensitivity to anyone making an assumption that he seemed suspicious, and then blamed that only on race. Which I don't see as the case. Of course some unknown car driving slow down a street in the middle of the night looking at houses might seem like reasonable suspicions and cause a resident to have a second look. Or it could have an explanation, like somebody delivering news papers, or an Uber driver, or just somebody lost. But it a reasoable suspicion to maybe want the police to be called to find out, given the number of car thefts, catlytic converter thefts, Amazon thefts..... So, why doesn't the Black guy understand that possibllity too?

It is always important that all of us consider how others may perceive us, especially at night, especially under circumstances like this.

There is no way of knowing for certain if the off duty cop was lying, or the delivery driver was lying. The delivery driver never admitted to making any threats, even as he did admit he had "a conversation" with the other driver, which to me sounded intentionally vague, and I suspect he left out maybe a part where he was angry and came off threatening. But he never admitted that, and the police have nothing left to go on at that point, and a that point their suspicions are satisfied and the driver is free to go.

BTW, what is so wrong with calling the police if you believe something looks suspicious? But the Black driver is convinced that anyone looking his way is only seeing race. Maybe he has had bad experiences, but allowing himself to angry to the boiling point is NOT worth it, and thank God he didn't make any wrong moves, and thank God those officers were professional and intelligent and capable to deescalate quickly.

BTW, what is so wrong with calling the police if you believe something looks suspicious? But the Black driver is convinced that anyone looking his way is only seeing race. Maybe he has had bad experiences, but allowing himself to angry to the boiling point is NOT worth it, and thank God he didn't make any wrong moves, and thank God those officers were professional and intelligent and capable to deescalate quickly.
The cop has since admitted that he lied about the paper guy... he is facing possible termination.

The cop has since admitted that he lied about the paper guy... he is facing possible termination.
Well, then good thing the officer who responded did a good job collecting facts. Facts which also may have included statements which false allegations.

That does not change the op you penned.

You didn't know when you made your post whether he threatened the man, or the man was lying about it, but you went ahead and baselessly assumed that no threat was made and the man who called police was lying.

You falsely stated or implied that:
a) the police acted improperly, when they clearly did not.
b) the police had physically "detained" or arrested him, even though he wasn't handcuffed or put in the back of the police car.
c) the police said he had done nothing wrong pertaining to the complaint they were called about, therefore should have let him go, even thought they were legitimately investigating an accusation made against him.
d) they kept him there far too long without a legitimate reason for doing so, which is patently untrue.
e) you strongly implied that the police were racists and the man being black was why the police stopped him, why they questioned him, why they detained him, and why they detained him for the amount of time they did...

The fact is, there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in that video that even hints that race had anything to do with the stop, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in that video indicating that any of the officers there were racists, and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in that video that showed any officer acting improperly, or any officer being unjustly hostile or aggressive with the man.

So as I already stated, your op was nothing but a bunch of race-baiting bullshit that you should not only be ashamed of, but if you had a shred of decency, would retract and apologize for.

That does not change the op you penned.

You didn't know when you made your post whether he threatened the man, or the man was lying about it, but you went ahead and baselessly assumed that no threat was made and the man who called police was lying.
Nope... anybody that has an inkling of understanding people know that the paper boy was telling the truth...
You falsely stated or implied that:
a) the police acted improperly, when they clearly did not.
They did...
b) the police had physically "detained" or arrested him, even though he wasn't handcuffed or put in the back of the police car.
Learn what detained means before saying stupid shit. LOL
c) the police said he had done nothing wrong pertaining to the complaint they were called about, therefore should have let him go, even thought they were legitimately investigating an accusation made against him.
no idea what you are making up...
d) they kept him there far too long without a legitimate reason for doing so, which is patently untrue.
Watch the video...
e) you strongly implied that the police were racists
Not at all... not once... Please don't lie. It is pathetic.
and the man being black was why the police stopped him,
Nope... More lies?
why they questioned him, why they detained him, and why they detained him for the amount of time they did...
Nope...
The fact is, there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in that video that even hints that race had anything to do with the stop, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in that video indicating that any of the officers there were racists, and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in that video that showed any officer acting improperly, or any officer being unjustly hostile or aggressive with the man.

So as I already stated, your op was nothing but a bunch of race-baiting bullshit that you should not only be ashamed of, but if you had a shred of decency, would retract and apologize for.

Maybe you are too used to corrupt shit in Mexico where cops work for the cartels and corrupt departments? No idea... `but the amount of lame is seevere.

Update: a Pierce County judge has found the Sheriff has violated the condition of his pretrial release and ordered a $100,000 bond. This because, despite a no contact order against the sheriff for the victim in this case, he has continued to harass and intimidate him.

Update: a Pierce County judge has found the Sheriff has violated the condition of his pretrial release and ordered a $100,000 bond. This because, despite a no contact order against the sheriff for the victim in this case, he has continued to harass and intimidate him.

Ooooo, I wanna see that one. Alas, I do not have court T.V. so crossing my fingers that you will also be interested in this trial, and allow us to be voyeurs! (and screw Google, I mean that in a non-sexual way, lol)

Back
Top Bottom