• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

..another bigot bites the dust! [W:117]

thinkforyoursel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
OK...all together now ...."WE ARE LOSING THE COUNTRY" ...Wah-wah-wah! :lamo

Wolfeboro police commissioner Copeland resigns under public pressure after calling Obama racial slur | Concord Monitor

Embattled Wolfeboro Police Commissioner Robert Copeland has resigned.

He and other town officials have been bombarded with phone calls and emails from around the country from people upset that he used a racial slur to refer to President Obama. People had been threatening to cancel summer plans in the lakeside resort town if Copeland, 82, did not step down.

Town and state officials, including Gov. Maggie Hassan and former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, who owns a home in Wolfeboro, had called on him to step down last week and over the weekend.

Commission Chairman Joseph Balboni, Jr., met with Copeland last night to convince him to resign.

“He was very nice, very polite. I said, ‘Bob you’ve gotta step down, everybody says you have to resign,’ ” Balboni said. He kept saying, ‘I’ll think about it’ and I said, ‘Bob, we gotta be serious now.’ ”

Wolfeboro police commissioner Copeland resigns under public pressure after calling Obama racial slur | Concord Monitor

He and other town officials have been bombarded with phone calls and emails from around the country from people upset that he used a racial slur to refer to President Obama. People had been threatening to cancel summer plans in the lakeside resort town if Copeland, 82, did not step down.

Town and state officials, including Gov. Maggie Hassan and former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, who owns a home in Wolfeboro, had called on him to step down last week and over the weekend.

Commission Chairman Joseph Balboni, Jr., met with Copeland last night to convince him to resign.

“He was very nice, very polite. I said, ‘Bob you’ve gotta step down, everybody says you have to resign,’ ” Balboni said. He kept saying, ‘I’ll think about it’ and I said, ‘Bob, we gotta be serious now.’ ”

What makes him a bigot? Because he said nigger?

I believe referring to someone as "that ****ing nigger" makes you a bigot in just about all contexts

So, by that logic calling someone white trash makes one a bigot, in all contexts, as well?

So, by that logic calling someone white trash makes one a bigot, in all contexts, as well?

That term is slightly different as it generally applies to only poor white people rather than all white people as a race, so it has an economic element as well as a racial one. Its certainly a slur either way, and it could be considered racial in many contexts, but I don't think its as ubiquitous of a racial slur as "nigger." "Cracker" might be a better comparison.

That term is slightly different as it generally applies to only poor white people rather than all white people as a race, so it has an economic element as well as a racial one. Its certainly a slur either way, and it could be considered racial in many contexts, but I don't think its as ubiquitous of a racial slur as "nigger." "Cracker" might be a better comparison.

The same could be said about nigger, by some people's logic. There are plenty of people who think there is a difference between a black person and a nigger. In the South, that idea is quite prominent.

Are you saying that bigotry and racism are based on one's personal beliefs as to the definition of those terms?

He has the right to think and say whatever he wants... in a private setting and situation.

He represents the Law. His overt and public demonstration of his bigotry and racist thoughts make him unsuitable for the public office of Police Chief. Police are to be the enforcers of law and the protector of all citizens. He demonstrated that he doesn't have the ability to show respect to all people in his capacity of Police Chief.

He should have been fired, not made to resign. Anyone in that sort of high public office should have an employment contract that has a clause regarding their behavior in an official capacity.

Again, he has the right to think and say whatever he wants, in a private setting. It was my understanding that he was not in a private setting when he made that vile comment.

You delight in using Race Card Politics to ruin peoples lives and careers because they dared to disagree with you politically...

And at the same time, the Left embraces a huge array of Government Institutionalized Racial discrimination programs in Affirmative Action, Race based scholarships, and now under Eric Holder, differential standards of law enforcement for "My People" and the new ObamaCare Race-Concordance Segregation.

We can sum this up by noting that this is not our father's Democratic Party, where tolerance, inclusion, and liberty were hallmarks, but Neo-Liberals which is really nothing less than Fascism.

You must be proud for the "Progressives" to have made so much "Progress" in just a few decades.

The Left cannot, Must Not, be trusted!

-

You delight in using Race Card Politics to ruin peoples lives and careers because they dared to disagree with you politically...

And at the same time, the Left embraces a huge array of Government Institutionalized Racial discrimination programs in Affirmative Action, Race based scholarships, and now under Eric Holder, differential standards of law enforcement for "My People" and the new ObamaCare Race-Concordance Segregation.

We can sum this up by noting that this is not our father's Democratic Party, where tolerance, inclusion, and liberty were hallmarks, but Neo-Liberals which is really nothing less than Fascism.

You must be proud for the "Progressives" to have made so much "Progress" in just a few decades.

The Left cannot, Must Not, be trusted!

-

This is such garbage, there are 100's of law enforcement officials across the US that are staunchly and publically opposed to the
President and many who say they will not enforce laws they disagree with, and they all keep their jobs.

Buddy could have said anything, he could have said he does not support this president and explain why.

Instead he went racial with it and suffered the consequences, as an elected official you cannot use such terms.

End of story, your post is nothing but conservative Pursecution complex nonsense meant to make excuses for this fellows poor judgement... So much for that personal responsibility garbage.

Hard to believe that in 2014 there are people who see nothing wrong with using the word 'nigger', with or without the adjective in front of it. Then again, when you consider those defending its use, it really isn't much of a surprise.

Samuel Clemens in a novel written in the 19th century? Really, that's your excuse?:lamo

Hard to believe that in 2014 there are people who see nothing wrong with using the word 'nigger', with or without the adjective in front of it. Then again, when you consider those defending its use, it really isn't much of a surprise.

Samuel Clemens in a novel written in the 19th century? Really, that's your excuse?:lamo

It's not an excuse, I just don't soil my skivvies every time some old fart says something that's no longer excepted today. By the end of the year every old geaser who's over 80 is going to be labeled a bigot.

I was just wondering if anyone could pin-down exactly in what year the word "nigger" became a derogatory term ? :thinking

Again, he has the right to think and say whatever he wants, in a private setting. It was my understanding that he was not in a private setting when he made that vile comment.

Why does a private setting protect one from the repercussions of ones words? No one is allowed to criticize anyone for things said in a private setting?

This is such garbage, there are 100's of law enforcement officials across the US that are staunchly and publically opposed to the
President and many who say they will not enforce laws they disagree with, and they all keep their jobs.

Buddy could have said anything, he could have said he does not support this president and explain why.

Instead he went racial with it and suffered the consequences, as an elected official you cannot use such terms.

End of story, your post is nothing but conservative Pursecution complex nonsense meant to make excuses for this fellows poor judgement... So much for that personal responsibility garbage.

Really? Name five top law enforcement officers who've been openly, and national publicly critical of the president, and not been pursued for destruction by the Left?

Lets look at the other side...

When Candidate Obama made his Racial Comment in poor taste, talking about his White Grandparents in a racial judgement condescending fashion as "Typical White People", he was forgiven his error, because?

When Maxine Waters made her unfortunate Anti-White Racist Scree, she was forgiven her error, because?

When Robert Riche made his unfortunate Anti-White Racist remarks, he was forgiven his error, because?

When Eric Holder made, and then doubled down, on his Blatant anti-White double standards of law enforcement based on "My People" race, he was allowed to stay in office, because?

Eric Holders mistake was dropping the open and shut voter intimidation case against a man who was demand the killing of white children from street corners!

The list goes on, and on, and on, and on...

So far, the only non-white person so far, who has made such a long, anti-white screed of remarks to be forced into resignation, was Andy Van Jones. And while he lost his original position, he returned to the White House staff in other capacity within a few weeks.

I do not agree with or condone what Robert Copeland said, but I see the glaring double standards when it comes to making such racist remarks.

If you're White, a minor misstep, and your career is over. If you're Black or Hispanic, or a Woman, and make repeated, long glaring racist comment or even extended screeds, everyone grows silent, coughs in embarrassment, and the whole thing gets ignored.

For Whites/Males, we OVER-REACT, for others, we UNDER-REACT!

The Lefties always CLAIM they stand for racial equality... yet they bring U.S. :

Obamacare seeks to segregate patients, doctors by race | The Daily Caller

EDITORIAL: Obamacare's racial bigotry - Washington Times

Obamacare Contains Racial Preferences and Discrimination « The Janet Mefferd Show

front lines: Obamacare Contains Racial Preferences and Discrimination

ObamaCare’s Affirmative Action Attack on Medicine | FrontPage Magazine

U.S. Civil Rights Commission: Racially Discriminatory Provisions in Obamacare | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News from The Heritage Foundation

Michelle Malkin | » Racial Preferences in Obamacare

PJ Media » Hidden Deep Within ObamaCare, Racial Preferences

Enough with the Racial Double Standards!

-

Last edited:
Really? Name five top law enforcement officers who've been openly,
and national publicly critical of the president, and not been pursued for destruction by the Left?
Why don't you come up with dozens of examples that you think are opposite of the OP?
Oh wait, you have throughout this thread .

I have always said bigotry = stupidity ....and wow...does he ever have the face of an idiot!!

...Obama is taking away mer free-dums!!! ....:lamo

cland.jpg

I have always said bigotry = stupidity ....and wow...does he ever have the face of an idiot!!

...Obama is taking away mer free-dums!!! ....:lamo

View attachment 67166776

Judge by mere appearances do you... I thought so.

Someday, you'll be old. On many days, you'll be frustrated and feeling attacked from all sides. And you'll look it.

On those occasions, some people will have compassion for you, give the benefit of the doubt, and take the time to look, ask, listen deeper for what's really going on.

Try to pay it forward, will you?

-

I rememeber when Congressman Rangel referred to the people who are in the Tea Party and Republican party as "white crackers". It's so nice to see a black man stand up against name calling.

If people don't want the "N" word to be used anymore, then they should tell the black people to stop using it. Or is it okay when blacks use it?

Now he can sit on his couch and excersize his first amendment right to call everybody niggers.

The world and the 3000 residents of Wolfeboro can rest easy now. He stepped down. No more name calling in Wolfeboro, WOOHOO! Major victory. Now racism can finally die.

Name calling...now if THAT isn't the biggest problem this country faces, I just don't know what is.:roll:

The same could be said about nigger, by some people's logic. There are plenty of people who think there is a difference between a black person and a nigger. In the South, that idea is quite prominent.

Are you saying that bigotry and racism are based on one's personal beliefs as to the definition of those terms?

When I lived in South Carolina my dad often said that there was a difference between a black person and a nigger. One is a good upstanding citizen who works hard and doesn't break the laws. The other is the complete opposite in that that one is a moocher and will break the law anytime they feel like it. So yeah, I could see this as a valid arguement. Whether it applies to that ex-Sheriff or not I have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom