• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another ACORN criminal plea's down

Ockham

Noblesse oblige
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Former ACORN official pleads no contest in Nevada

What we don't see in the Post article was she initially was charged with a felony but copped a plea down to two misdemeanors. According to this blog, she also worked for Obama's alma mater - Project Vote, and is still employed by the formerly known as "ACORN" organization.

ACORN criminality is like a cockroach... where's there's one there's hundreds more or possibly thousands. Missed this in the mainstream news? Liberal press types don't want to carry it and even the Post only has a half-hearted blurb. Probably because it's a foregone conclusion ACORN is corrupt and rotten from top to bottom.

But let's not forget how pristine and snow white pure ACORN is because the pimp/hooker video was "edited". :lamo

I'm not sure people understand the difference between voter registration fraud and voter fraud, or how the people committing the registration fraud actually fit into the grand scheme of things.

Nobody ever said ACORN was totally innocent. Nothing run by human beings ever is, but to label them some giant shadow organization bent on subverting democracy is wildly misunderstanding what actually happened here. (also, the pimp thing really was a hoax. I'm tired of arguing that one, it's so blindingly obvious to anyone who bothers to actually investigate for themselves, so I'm not going to go over it yet again)

Check Barbbtx's list. Virtually all of them are the same thing, voter registration fraud. It happened because ACORN hired a bunch of temps to get people registered to vote. The temps figured out that their job would be way easier if they just sat at Burger King and filled out the registrations themselves with a bunch of fake names, and they'd still get paid the same.

ACORN was legally required to turn in those registrations. Why? Why are they required to turn in registrations that they know to be fraudulent?
Because a while back a Republican organization was caught throwing out registration forms they'd gathered if they were marked "Democratic Party."

So, ACORN does exactly what they should do: flags the registrations they think are fraudulent so the election commission can review them, and turns over information on the ****head employees to the police. That's what you call shady?

If my insurance company catches one of their low level employees committing fraud and turns them into the police, I call them a good company, not a shady one!

Again, ACORN is most definitely not perfect. They hired some lazy, incompetent, criminal people for minimum wage and it caused problems. But they didn't steal, or try to steal, an election. There's a huge difference.

Back
Top Bottom