• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another 2.5 million votes for Democrats in November

This is a dumb cartoon.

Stolen from this....

img1A6.jpg

I don't think the libs have ever had an original idea....

why is that morbid? until recently, that tax has been in place for years.

Let's see.... somebody works all their lives, pays their tax on their income, and saves or invests their money. (and pays tax on any income from the savings or investments)

Then they die.

And you think it's fair or right to take 45% more?

Randel, please explain to us all how tax rate cuts that grew revenue caused a deficit? Liberals seem to believe that tax cuts need to be paid for and buy the liberal line. Tax cuts are individuals and corporations first thus individuals and corporations aren't entities of the govt. that are an expense. Liberals just are too bullheaded to admit their ideology is a failure.

Liberals think tax cuts will bring in less revenue because the economy has never grown with liberals in power..... and God knows Republicans can't do anything right. :roll:

Liberals think tax cuts will bring in less revenue because the economy has never grown with liberals in power..... and God knows Republicans can't do anything right. :roll:

Liberals have a problem with the basic concept of tax home pay and the affects of tax cuts on that take home pay. Further they do not understand human behavior and what people do with extra money in their paychecks.

To a liberal a tax cut means less revenue but to a conservative a tax cut means more economic activity.

To a liberal a tax cut is an expense to the govt and has to be paid for

To a Conservative a tax cut is allowing people to keep more of what they earn and since it is the people's money first it cannot be an expense thus does not have to be paid for.

Liberals brainwashed, conservatives have logic and common sense.

Liberals have a problem with the basic concept of tax home pay and the affects of tax cuts on that take home pay. Further they do not understand human behavior and what people do with extra money in their paychecks.

To a liberal a tax cut means less revenue but to a conservative a tax cut means more economic activity.

To a liberal a tax cut is an expense to the govt and has to be paid for

To a Conservative a tax cut is allowing people to keep more of what they earn and since it is the people's money first it cannot be an expense thus does not have to be paid for.

Liberals brainwashed, conservatives have logic and common sense.

And more economic activity means more revenue even with a lower tax rate...... proven every time it's been done.

But like I said.... to a lib, Republicans never do anything right, so of course, libs will never learn the lessons they should.

Let's see.... somebody works all their lives, pays their tax on their income, and saves or invests their money. (and pays tax on any income from the savings or investments)

Then they die.

They should put it all in a trust. ;)

You can make a business a trust?

I'm not sure. It may depend on the class of business it is. A family farm that isn't incorporated may be able to.

You can make a business a trust?

Heck me and my brothers owned an insurance company in Oklahoma. We never insured anything other than our trust funds in Texas. It was our parents wonderful idea.

I'm not sure. It may depend on the class of business it is. A family farm that isn't incorporated may be able to.

Estate tax could threaten small business, farms

Another option is trust funds, but those take quite a bit of advanced planning to be successful, said Hampton attorney Brian Miller, who does estate planning.

“Right here, right now it’s probably too late,” he said.

If the tax goes into effect in 2011 as planned it could affect a lot of North Iowans — especially farmers, Miller said.

“It doesn’t take much farm land to add up,” he said. “That’s going to a huge problem for those people that have had farms in their family for 40 to 50 years. Some of it will have to be sold to pay that tax.”

That’s one of the reasons why U.S. Rep. Tom Latham, R-Iowa, is against an estate tax.

You are right, 16 million unemployed Americans is cherrypicking in your world. Sorry but you simply haven't a clue as to what you are talking about. Keep that head buried in the sand. I have seen nothing from you that refutes any of the data I have posted. You need to learn what debate is all about, your opinions don't mean squat here, get the facts and back those facts up. Refute the BLS data I posted.
:lamo son, i've debated much better than you, debated folks who actually made me stop and think, and question some of the views i have. i know a diehard lib who could twist you into a pretzel....

And more economic activity means more revenue even with a lower tax rate...... proven every time it's been done.

But like I said.... to a lib, Republicans never do anything right, so of course, libs will never learn the lessons they should.

You mean like when Bush spent trillions via government on defense? When Reagan spent trillions via government on defense?

You are praising Kenysianism.

Then they die.

as we have a budget that neither side has balance in years, yes. this is an important revenue stream, and seeming that those who are taxed are dead, no, i have no problem with it.

as we have a budget that neither side has balance in years, yes. this is an important revenue stream, and seeming that those who are taxed are dead, no, i have no problem with it.

But that doesn't mean we should have ridiculously low exemption amounts. Hitting $1 million is really, really really easy for even middle class folk when you incorporate pension and life insurance. I don't think it's a good idea to have that low exemption amount especially when the primary breadwinner dies and has kids. We should just go to a 40% rate with exemption of $10 million with adjustments to inflation to the exemption amount.

But that doesn't mean we should have ridiculously low exemption amounts. Hitting $1 million is really, really really easy for even middle class folk when you incorporate pension and life insurance. I don't think it's a good idea to have that low exemption amount especially when the primary breadwinner dies and has kids. We should just go to a 40% rate with exemption of $10 million with adjustments to inflation to the exemption amount.
i would be willing to see the exemption raised to between 4-8 million.

I don't understand liberals, who seem to not understand that it is the taxpaying liberals whose money is being spent as well as Conservative money to fund over two years of unemployment benefits. The brainwashing is absolutely incredible.

It's not brainwashing. We just believe that this is something our tax money should go to.

it's an easy enough fix, given the actual republican position

Dem Opponent: My Republican Opponent voted against giving unemployment benefits to those of us in need!

Rep Opponent: In actuality I just voted against not paying for them; and suggested we take unspent Stimulus Funds to cover the cost, much like the pay-go system my Democratic Opponent voted into law and then ignored. Why is my opponent willing to break the law in order to avoid his legal obligation to make America more solvent?

They should put it all in a trust. ;)

the uber rich do. the death tax is not a method for punishing the super rich in our ranks; it is worth their while to find or make loopholes and so they do. the death tax is instead a method for punishing small business owners and farmers.

Rep Opponent: In actuality I just voted against not paying for them; and suggested we take unspent Stimulus Funds to cover the cost, much like the pay-go system my Democratic Opponent voted into law and then ignored. Why is my opponent willing to break the law in order to avoid his legal obligation to make America more solvent?

They would need to condense that. Such a statement is way too long for soundbyte based politics.

Absolutely. Put the assets of the business into a trust. Pay taxes on them now and pay none later independent of any appreciation.

It is to late now. The problem is this is double taxing and just wrong to tax the dead

Back
Top Bottom