• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anonymous Threatens to 'Not Be Kind' to 'Russian Asset' U.S. Rep. Greene

Liberal7360

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
This is interesting.

I can't wait to see what kind of information that they find on this woman.

I saw her in the congress Wednesday during Zelensky's speech to congress.

While everyone was standing and clapping vigorously, she barely clapped briefly then stopped clapping and just stood there. She didn't like Zelensky's speech. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't want to be there but showed up because she had to.

Whatever it was, the woman should not be in our congress.

I hope whatever Anonymous finds, gets splashed it all over the front pages of as many newspapers as possible.

Brave Rep. Greene

This is interesting.
Unfortunately your link doesn't work with my aged computer.

Here is another link to the same story "Anonymous Threatens to 'Not Be Kind' to 'Russian Asset' U.S. Rep. Greene".
I agree with you, but, obviously, the voters in her electoral district do not.
I hope whatever Anonymous finds, gets splashed it all over the front pages of as many newspapers as possible.

Yes, "Politics by slander and libel" is REALLY the way to go if you want to have a truly democratic society.

Unfortunately your link doesn't work with my aged computer.

Here is another link to the same story "Anonymous Threatens to 'Not Be Kind' to 'Russian Asset' U.S. Rep. Greene".

I agree with you, but, obviously, the voters in her electoral district do not.

Yes, "Politics by slander and libel" is REALLY the way to go if you want to have a truly democratic society.

She ran unopposed. Her opponent dropped out 2 months before the election. Her constituents didn't have any choice.

For it to be slander and liable it has to not be true.

What anonymous is doing is hacking. They are getting documents.

It can't be slander or liable if documents are presented that confirm what is being said.

She ran unopposed. Her opponent dropped out 2 months before the election. Her constituents didn't have any choice.
They didn't put up someone to oppose her.
For it to be slander and liable it has to not be true.
Not quite true. It might not be "actionable", but it is still defamatory AND, under US law, if the Defendant published the true information with "actual malice", then the truth of the statement may not be a sufficient defence. (Noonan v. Staples, Inc.) The prepublication statement of "Anonymous" is most certainly some evidence of the existence of "actual malice".
What anonymous is doing is hacking. They are getting documents.
What "anonymous" is doing is illegal.
It can't be slander or liable if documents are presented that confirm what is being said.
Yes it can be.

This is interesting.

While everyone was standing and clapping vigorously, she barely clapped briefly then stopped clapping and just stood there. She didn't like Zelensky's speech. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't want to be there but showed up because she had to.

Marjorie Taylor Greene is not the disease of the GOP. She's merely the festering cankerous sore on the lips of her party that reminds us of the incestuous STD the entire Republican Party seems to suffer from. The actions of Anonymous might be the topical balm that makes her disappear in the next election cycle, but we should never forget the underlying party affliction that gave rise to her.

Not quite true. It might not be "actionable", but it is still defamatory AND, under US law, if the Defendant published the true information with "actual malice", then the truth of the statement may not be a sufficient defence. (Noonan v. Staples, Inc.) The prepublication statement of "Anonymous" is most certainly some evidence of the existence of "actual malice".

Yes it can be.

Yes I agree with one thing, hacking is illegal.

Marjorie Taylor Greene is not the disease of the GOP. She's merely the festering cankerous sore on the lips of her party that reminds us of the incestuous STD the entire Republican Party seems to suffer from. The actions of Anonymous might be the topical balm that makes her disappear in the next election cycle, but we should never forget the underlying party affliction that gave rise to her.
Did you know that

"I belong to the _[fill in the blank]_ party."​

and

"My best chance of getting elected is to say that I belong to the _[fill in the blank]_ party
(even though I don't support anything that it says it supports
and am going to do whatever I damn well feel like doing
[regardless of what I say when campaigning])
if I get elected
."​

mean the same thing in American politics?

Yes it can be.

She was unopposed in the Republican primary, and her democratic opponent withdrew after it was too late to replace him on the ballet. MGT has several people who are tryign to primary her this year.

Yes it can be.

All you gotta do is catch them.

She was unopposed in the Republican primary,
Which says something about her supporters, doesn't it?
and her democratic opponent withdrew after it was too late to replace him on the ballet.
I do hope that you meant ballot and not ballet.

It appears that Mr. van Ausdal was a bit of a naif and didn't understand that he didn't have to live in the house that his wife had obtained a court order evicting him from in order to maintain his candidacy.

It also appears that the support in the electoral district was running around 60% "Republican" to 40% "Democrat" and that his campaign was a bit of tilting at windmills that Mr. van Ausdal really didn't need to cope with when his marriage was actively falling apart.
MGT has several people who are tryign to primary her this year.
Good for them. And if she survives the primary you can count on her being reelected.

This is interesting.

I am against hacking in general. If it has to do with political misdeeds, I won't mind, but if it's personal information , then , well no. There is nothing in her personal background that would make me think any worse of MTG.

Which says something about her supporters, doesn't it?

I do hope that you meant ballot and not ballet.

It appears that Mr. van Ausdal was a bit of a naif and didn't understand that he didn't have to live in the house that his wife had obtained a court order evicting him from in order to maintain his candidacy.

It also appears that the support in the electoral district was running around 60% "Republican" to 40% "Democrat" and that his campaign was a bit of tilting at windmills that Mr. van Ausdal really didn't need to cope with when his marriage was actively falling apart.

Good for them. And if she survives the primary you can count on her being reelected.

No, it says a lot about the state of politics in her district. I personally do not think she will survive the primary.

I am against hacking in general. If it has to do with political misdeeds, I won't mind, but if it's personal information , then , well no. There is nothing in her personal background that would make me think any worse of MTG.
I believe the term is "damning with faint praise".

I have never in my career heard that term.
Well then, I can only assume that your career was not in law enforcement, intelligence, diplomacy, environmental protection, workplace safety, taxation, municipal code enforcement, or the military (to name but a few) and that you have never read or watched or listened to any media that mentioned any of those topics.
Assumes the members of Anonymous know each other.
Not necessarily, but either there is only one "member" or they have a means of communicating with each other (and the rest of the world) and that means that they can be located even if they do not "know" each other.

Well then, I can only assume that your career was not in law enforcement, intelligence, diplomacy, environmental protection, workplace safety, taxation, municipal code enforcement, or the military (to name but a few) and that you have never read or watched or listened to any media that mentioned any of those topics.
lol

This is interesting.

A Russian asset? Because she wasnt cheering wildly enough? Ever see videos of Kim Jong Un entering a room while decrepit generals clap wildly and jump up and down with excitement? They do that out of fear of people like you reporting them for not cheering wildly enough. And something tells me that when the hackers are done with her that if they turn their fire on you, you will demand justice and their immediate apprehension. Sorry but that sort of hatred and hypocrisy dont wear well..

Did you know that

"I belong to the _[fill in the blank]_ party."​

and
"My best chance of getting elected is to say that I belong to the _[fill in the blank]_ party
(even though I don't support anything that it says it supports
and am going to do whatever I damn well feel like doing
[regardless of what I say when campaigning])
if I get elected
."​
mean the same thing in American politics?
If there was a point to your comment, you haven't made it. What are you saying?

This is interesting.

we elect the politicians we deserve
doubt that will help things, while simultaneously hoping that it will
mangie three-names is already a known entity. despite that the deplorables embrace her and her stupidity

we elect the politicians we deserve
I'd be happier with "We elect the politicians that we are prepared to put up with - and then kvetch about the fact that they got elected.".
doubt that will help things, while simultaneously hoping that it will
mangie three-names is already a known entity. despite that the deplorables embrace her and her stupidity
Because she represents the America that they want to live in?

Back
Top Bottom