• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anonymous Hackers Warn Supreme Court Against Overturning Roe vs. Wade: 'Expect Us'

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

KEY POINTS​

• An initial draft majority opinion showed five justices may be ready to repeal Roe v. Wade
  • 'Play with fire, get burned. Don't say we didn't warn you,' Anonymous warns the Supreme Court
  • Chief Justice John Roberts will investigate how the draft opinion was leaked
Hacking collective Anonymous has warned the U.S. Supreme Court against striking down the landmark Roe v. Wade decision, adding that it may “get burned” if it does so.

In a Twitter post published Tuesday, Anonymous said the Supreme Court and Republicans should “expect” some type of retaliation should they repeal Roe v. Wade decision. The landmark decision was made in 1973 when the Supreme Court ruled that governments lacked the power to prohibit abortions and that it was a woman’s right to terminate her pregnancy in the first three months of pregnancy.

“Repealing Roe v Wade isn't going to go the way SCOTUS or the GOP thinks it's going to go. Play with fire, get burned. Don't say we didn't warn you,” the hacking collective wrote. “Expect us.”

snip

KEY POINTS​

• An initial draft majority opinion showed five justices may be ready to repeal Roe v. Wade
  • 'Play with fire, get burned. Don't say we didn't warn you,' Anonymous warns the Supreme Court
Hacking collective Anonymous has warned the U.S. Supreme Court against striking down the landmark Roe v. Wade decision, adding that it may “get burned” if it does so.

In a Twitter post published Tuesday, Anonymous said the Supreme Court and Republicans should “expect” some type of retaliation should they repeal Roe v. Wade decision. The landmark decision was made in 1973 when the Supreme Court ruled that governments lacked the power to prohibit abortions and that it was a woman’s right to terminate her pregnancy in the first three months of pregnancy.

“Repealing Roe v Wade isn't going to go the way SCOTUS or the GOP thinks it's going to go. Play with fire, get burned. Don't say we didn't warn you,” the hacking collective wrote. “Expect us.”

snip
Umm....is it really a good idea to be threatening a gov't institution like that?

It won't change anything. The Supreme Court will rule on the case whether or not they hack.
Yes, I expect the threat to have no effect on the ruling, but who knows what it will result in.

How many will applaud extortion if it benefits them

What about the ones who will decry it because it doesn't benefit them?

:unsure:

At any rate, they will no doubt make themselves a pain in the ass, but they can't change the court's opinion. Besides, any number of government agencies have systems isolated from the internet. No doubt they'd switch to some version of that if Anonymous had any serious effect on ability to get work done.

So you support threats against the Supreme Court of the United States just because they did something you don't like?
Well, there are threats and there are threats. Threats of hacking I can see having some support. I am not expecting we'll see a trump 1/6 riot violently take over the building trying to 'hang Samuel Alito'.

Umm....is it really a good idea to be threatening a gov't institution like that?
It's sort of what they do when an institution behaves tyrannically in their opinion.

Empty threat from stupid people.
"When MasterCard ceased processing payments connected to WikiLeaks, Anonymous crippled the company's websites with denial-of-service attacks."

I wouldn't call them stupid, and I definitely wouldn't call it an empty threat.

I'm all for stopping this gross miscarriage of justice the Supreme Court is about to perpetrate.

I am fine with opening ethics investigations into whether it can be proved that the 3 new justices lied in their confirmation hearings. And investigating Thomas for failing to recuse himself.

By the same token I AM NOT Ok with a group of hackers issuing criminal threats against the US Supreme Court.

Insurrection?

Nah, you don't get to go there. Jan 6th was a kegger, we were told. If Jan 6th was a kegger, this is a high schooler telling his friend he has a plan to get some beer for the weekend.

Namely stealing it from the fridge when their parents' friends are over.

Nah, you don't get to go there. Jan 6th was a kegger, we were told. If Jan 6th was a kegger, this is a high schooler telling his friend he has a plan to get some beer for the weekend.

Namely stealing it from the fridge when their parents' friends are over.

So which is it, are both insurrections or both keggers?

So you support threats against the Supreme Court of the United States just because they did something you don't like?
I support the truth coming out and I'm against anything that stops the truth from coming out. How about you?

KEY POINTS​

snip
If Anonymous does anything to interfere with the high court, I sincerely hope they are tracked down and prosecuted as harshly as the law permits.

“Anonymous” is no more helpful in protecting our country than the coward, Miles Taylor, that penned the infamous “resistance” letter.

I'm all for stopping this gross miscarriage of justice the Supreme Court is about to perpetrate.

I am fine with opening ethics investigations into whether it can be proved that the 3 new justices lied in their confirmation hearings. And investigating Thomas for failing to recuse himself.

By the same token I AM NOT Ok with a group of hackers issuing criminal threats against the US Supreme Court.
Where do you see the criminality in the words?

And I am not ok with scotus having no oversight at all. Of all the courts in the land shouldn't the supreme court have some kind of ethics rules?

KEY POINTS​

snip
Sure...let's get some illegal action and violence going. That'll teach those judges not to **** with the people. Screw the Constitution.

btw, Antifa has gotten in on the action, too. Pro-abortion protests with the usual violence, blocking city streets and fighting with the police.

Back
Top Bottom