• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anonymous claims to have hacked Russian spy satellites

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
If Mad Vlad deems it an "act of war", exactly who will he attack? Where will the bombs be dropped?

RUSSIA has warned that hacking its satellites is an act of war after the country's space agency was reportedly hit by a cyberattack. Yesterday hacker group Anonymous claimed it had shutdown Roscosmos so that officials have "no more control over their spy satellites."​
Russian space chief Dmitry Rogozin has denied that the agency was breached, but issued a chilling message to anyone who might attempt to do so. "I want to warn everyone who tries to do it that it is essentially a crime, which should be toughly punished," he told Russian media. "Because disabling the satellite group of any country is generally a casus belli, that is, a reason to go to war.​

In other news, grandmothers have reported their basements suddenly being stocked with unusually high quantities of Mountain Dew and Hot Pockets.

If Mad Vlad deems it an "act of war", exactly who will he attack? Where will the bombs be dropped?

RUSSIA has warned that hacking its satellites is an act of war after the country's space agency was reportedly hit by a cyberattack. Yesterday hacker group Anonymous claimed it had shutdown Roscosmos so that officials have "no more control over their spy satellites."​
Russian space chief Dmitry Rogozin has denied that the agency was breached, but issued a chilling message to anyone who might attempt to do so. "I want to warn everyone who tries to do it that it is essentially a crime, which should be toughly punished," he told Russian media. "Because disabling the satellite group of any country is generally a casus belli, that is, a reason to go to war.​

Poor babies.

I've wondered about the current occupants of the ISS. I hope that this horrible shit doesn't strand them up there.

I've wondered about the current occupants of the ISS. I hope that this horrible shit doesn't strand them up there.
Space Odyssey 2010.

How they gonna "go to war" with an anonymous hacking group thats hugely decentralized and has fluctuating membership that is, by the way, anonymous?

However what putin is doing to ukraine is not an act of war somehow? These spokespeople for russia are starting to sound like america's republicans. They commit the crimes and then blame the left. It's the left who messed with the election not the folks on the right who are trying their best to steal the upcoming elections.

Keep in mind this is the sun, so it might be prudent to wait for higher quality publications to mirror this story.

Back
Top Bottom