• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Annoy Someone On The Web - Go To Jail

teacher said:
This may be my last post.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :doh

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Congress still wrote the Bill so it's hardly Bush's doing and correct me if I'm wrong but Bush hasn't vetoed any Bill's as of yet has he?

Bush has never met a bill he didnt like, especially spending bills.

KCConservative said:
prohibiting the posting of annoying Web messages or sending annoying e-mail messages without disclosing your true identity.

Sounds good to me.

I am assuming that you have a stated belief in free speech. So, going on that assumption, then you shouldn't have a problem with non-threatening annoying messages not being a criminal offense. After all, what is freedom of speech without the ability to offend. If you can't tolerate non-threatening offensive statements then you don't believe in freedom of speech and rather are opposed to freedom of speech and thus freedom in and of itself.

I find this new law to be quite annoying. I haven't read it or anything like that, but who says that's necessary to pique annoyance? Does this mean I can have the author of the bill thrown in jail?

Billo_Really said:
God-damn these f_cking c_ck-suckers in Washington! All I want is for government to stay the hell out of my daily life. That's all.
:rofl I love it. You behave like that crude and profane and I get a two week vacation.

KCConservative said:
:rofl I love it. You behave like that crude and profane and I get a two week vacation.

Welcome back my friend.........I have missed your input.......Keep fighting the good fight..........

Originally posted by KCConservative:
I love it. You behave like that crude and profane and I get a two week vacation.
Do you have any concept of what this country is all about? It's called freedom of speech. You want to get all wrapped up in someone's language, go ahead. For me, it's a big waste of time. Not only is it a waste of time, it is a cowardly distraction from the real issues.

I do not attack people in my debate. I attack what they say, what they are proposing, what they are suggesting, but I never attack them as a person (unless I'm in the basement where it is all in fun anyway). That's the difference.

You came in here and immediately started telling people how they should talk. You better be thankful they have rules that prevent me from telling you what I really think of you. Because if they didn't, you would hate me a lot more, I promise you that.

Billo_Really said:
Do you have any concept of what this country is all about? It's called freedom of speech. You want to get all wrapped up in someone's language, go ahead. For me, it's a big waste of time. Not only is it a waste of time, it is a cowardly distraction from the real issues.

I do not attack people in my debate. I attack what they say, what they are proposing, what they are suggesting, but I never attack them as a person (unless I'm in the basement where it is all in fun anyway). That's the difference.

You came in here and immediately started telling people how they should talk. You better be thankful they have rules that prevent me from telling you what I really think of you. Because if they didn't, you would hate me a lot more, I promise you that.

Oh fine, thanks. And how was your day?

I don;t remember coming into the forum and "telling you (or anyone else) how to talk". Maybe you could site some examples please.

And yes, I've seen some of your writings down in the toilet thread. You fit in nicely there.

Last edited:
Originally posted by KCConservative:
Oh fine, thanks. And how was your day?

I don;t remember coming into the forum and "telling you (or anyone else) how to talk". Maybe you could site some examples please.

And yes, I've seen some of your writings down in the toilet thread. You fit in nicely there.
Does the statement, "Prove it or shut up" ring any bells to you. As for my connotations downstairs, thank you for the compliment.

Back
Top Bottom