• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ann Coulter says Andrew Breitbart was 'set up.' Was he?

Ann Coulter says Andrew Breitbart was 'set up.' Was he?

• YES

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • NO, don't be ridiculous

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • I don't know

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Despite the fact that Andrew Beitbart says he has had the video for a long time, Coulter says he was 'set up.'

The choices are:

YES
NO, don' be rediculous.
I don't know

The right wing is trying so hard to paint the Obama administration as racist that when their lies are exposed to the world they can do nothing but make even more conspiracy theories.

Despite the fact that Andrew Beitbart says he has had the video for a long time, Coulter says he was 'set up.'

The choices are:

YES
NO, don' be rediculous.
I don't know

I think it's possible. He had it for months. Said it was sent to him already edited. I think maybe he had no intention of posting it, but then the NAACP crap put him over the edge and he just wanted to get in their face. Possibly the person who sent it, was hoping it would happen like it did. This is just speculation on my part.

Of course it's possible. I wonder who gave him the video....

I personally don't think Breitbart was set up. But I'm not ruling out that it couldn't/didn't happen.

Last I heard he wasn't giving up the source. However, if he was set up it would seem he shouldn't care about protecting it.

Are you ashamed of your buddies on journolist and media matters?

If they are defending him in light of the evidence I would be yes. This guy is a complete joke.

If he was set up, he is an easy mark, a real sucker. I've got some land I'd like to show him in Florida. It's high and dry, of course.

If he didn't have the full video, he should have waited until he could get it before posting any part of it, edited by someone else no less.

This fellow didn't care about anything except posting a video he thought damning of people he wanted to embarrass.

Coulter and Sharpten are one in the same. I don't give a **** what either has to say in any serious way other than to laugh at them.

If they are defending him in light of the evidence I would be yes. This guy is a complete joke.

I mean are you ashamed of your buddies for what they did. You know, collaborating to call people racists if they tried to discuss Rev. Write? Collaborating to destroy Sarah Palin? They are much worse than Andrew Brietbart and he hasn't been proven guilty yet.

Could have been set up. Or could have just pulled the trigger without doing reasonable homework. (Sort of like how the White House and the rest of the Media did the same thing)

Probably safe to assume that he (Breitbart) didn't have access to the full tape/speech.

btw....i like Coulter. Think she has a pleasant laugh.

Are you ashamed of your buddies on journolist and media matters?
So you don't think the right coordinates their attacks, keys off the Drudge Report and receives email straight from the RNC?
Silly you. This is nothing new.
MediaMatters is an impeccable source, BTW.

I tend to doubt he was set up. I think Coulter is just trying to help him cover his ass.

I tend to doubt he was set up. I think Coulter is just trying to help him cover his ass.

He wasn't set up lol.. Thats what Fox et el get for playing with fire and not checking up on their sources.

He wasn't set up lol.. Thats what Fox et el get for playing with fire and not checking up on their sources.

Your obsession with Fox is a little bizarre. The White House is who led and created the improper overreaction to the Sherrod story. The rest of the media (including Fox) just followed suit.

You have a little of that energy left to denounce Obama's crew with the same passion.....?

Ann Coulter always pissed me off - she pissed me off when I was a Republican. She pissed me off when I was on the fence and she pissed me off when I jumped off the fence.

She's a foul mark - and I don't feel she really represents anyone's true thoughts. She's an extremist and I really wish they'd hack her off like the dead limb she is.

She's also quite a racist - accusing minorities of playing 'the victim' for their own personal gains.

The Obama Administration fired her because they were afraid Fox (Glenn Beck) would run the story. Talk about not checking up on the sources. To fire someone without due process of the law because Glenn Beck might report on it , is frightening.
That is why I'm not convinced there isn't something more ominous behind the whole thing. I think we might need to start with who sent the tape to AB.

The Obama Administration fired her because they were afraid Fox (Glenn Beck) would run the story. Talk about not checking up on the sources. To fire someone without due process of the law because Glenn Beck might report on it , is frightening.
That is why I'm not convinced there isn't something more ominous behind the whole thing. I think we might need to start with who sent the tape to AB.

Didn't FOX run the story anyway? And you don't need due process of law to fire someone. Didn't Glenn Beck already report on it? Yeah. No you're nothing more than a right wing apologist. Have a nice day.

Didn't FOX run the story anyway? And you don't need due process of law to fire someone. Didn't Glenn Beck already report on it? Yeah. No you're nothing more than a right wing apologist. Have a nice day.

No Glenn Beck did not run the story that night. You heard Sherrod. She said she was told to pull her car over and resign right there because she was going to be on Glenn Beck that night. Turns out he didn't run anything that night. I think he said he wanted to verify the source or something like that.:lamo
The WH forced her to resign from something a blogger posted.

I don't know why Fox News fans wouldn't congratulate Obama on being pro active against racism. At any rate Fox news ran the story before she resigned according to the time line on MediMatters.

Timeline of Breitbart's Sherrod smear | Media Matters for America

That's your opinion which based upon nothing factual.
I suppose you think Beck's red phone is actually connected to something. :rofl

I don't know why Fox News fans wouldn't congratulate Obama on being pro active against racism. At any rate Fox news ran the story before she resigned according to the time line on MediMatters.

Timeline of Breitbart's Sherrod smear | Media Matters for America

Not totally true. It looks like Foxnews.com reported on it, and a few conservative bloggers did. Fox News Channel did not. So still, the WH reacted from something posted on the internet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom