• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ann Coulter a Gay Conservative Icon?

rathi

Count Smackula
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I couldn't help but notice that Ms. Coulter was the cover of the NYT style section today and was intrigued enough to read the article. Apparently, the current crop of crazy has made her shtick less shocking, so she has moved onto new pastures. She had decided to flagship the gay log-cabin republicans with her appearance at Homocon.

I was curious is this is more media stunt or honest change in direction, and wondered if any our gay and/or conservative members could provide some insight.

Coulter LIVES for attention. She says shocking things to keep her book sales up.

I couldn't help but notice that Ms. Coulter was the cover of the NYT style section today and was intrigued enough to read the article. Apparently, the current crop of crazy has made her shtick less shocking, so she has moved onto new pastures. She had decided to flagship the gay log-cabin republicans with her appearance at Homocon.

I was curious is this is more media stunt or honest change in direction, and wondered if any our gay and/or conservative members could provide some insight.

I don't think this is new pastures for Coulter. Maybe just the first time you've noticed.

Coulter said some pretty mean things to the gays at Homocon. She doesn't support same sex marriage or the repeal of DADT. She simply is tolerant of gays, and that is enough to piss off some conservatives.

Coulter said some pretty mean things to the gays at Homocon. She doesn't support same sex marriage or the repeal of DADT. She simply is tolerant of gays, and that is enough to piss off some conservatives.

I find it disturbing that just not instantly hating me for existing is pissing off some people.

Could you provide some links or quotes to what she said? I'd kinda like to get some details with regards to this.

Does not compute.

Damn. Here I was hoping this was about Ann Coulter actually being a lesbian.

I find Coulter to be a little classless but she has never really been an enemy of gay people. She may disagree with certain issues, but she's far from been an outspoken opponent of gays.

I find it disturbing that just not instantly hating me for existing is pissing off some people.

I'm sure the cross you've had to bear would tear at the Heart Strings of The Wretched of the Earth. I doubt if KD Lang had to endure as much.

I sort of expect Ann Coulter to one day announce she was is infact Andy Coulter, a post op (possibly pre op) TS

Just curious - a few times when she's spoken she's been assaulted . Do you approve of that ?????

Just curious - a few times when she's spoken she's been assaulted . Do you approve of that ?????

No

And I have not heard of those times she has said she has been assualted, I tend not to actually read or listen to people whose only means to fame is shock.

"Selling out for the paycheck!

One must wonder if Coulter believes anything she says."
- obvious Child

While this probably will not come as a surprise to anyone, I have read and enjoyed all of her books. And while she does hold a traditional view regarding gay marriage, DADT, etc, I don't recall her ever saying anything mean-spirited regarding gay-folks. J

ust the opposite, in fact.

I do recall reading an article, book...something she wrote where she marveled at how Liberals were quick to pander to gay voters but were just as quick to accuse someone people they don't like of being gay (in an insulting way).

My favorite thing that Anne said regarding gay folks and Liberals was that (and I'm paraphrasing here) "our (Conservative's) gays were more masculine than thier (Liberal's) straights".

It just cracks me up!

"Selling out for the paycheck!

One must wonder if Coulter believes anything she says."
- obvious Child

While this probably will not come as a surprise to anyone, I have read and enjoyed all of her books. And while she does hold a traditional view regarding gay marriage, DADT, etc, I don't recall her ever saying anything mean-spirited regarding gay-folks. J

ust the opposite, in fact.

I do recall reading an article, book...something she wrote where she marveled at how Liberals were quick to pander to gay voters but were just as quick to accuse someone people they don't like of being gay (in an insulting way).

My favorite thing that Anne said regarding gay folks and Liberals was that (and I'm paraphrasing here) "our (Conservative's) gays were more masculine than thier (Liberal's) straights".

It just cracks me up!

Of course she was talking about the Republican butch lesbians, who would make most men looking feminine

Back
Top Bottom