• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anita Hill to vote Joe Biden

Mr Person

A Little Bitter
Suspended
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Remember being told that nobody who cares about sexual assault could possibly support Joe Biden because of how the Anita Hill hearings went (nevermind Trump's 25 sexual assaults and walking into locker rooms to ogle naked females at his pageants, including girls as young as fifteen)?

Well, about that . . .

Anita Hill never pictured herself voting for Joe Biden. But given the political reality the nation is facing, she's not only going to vote for Biden -- she's also willing to work with him, should he become president. "Notwithstanding all of his limitations in the past, and the mistakes that he made in the past, notwithstanding those -- at this point, between Donald Trump and Joe Biden, I think Joe Biden is the person who should be elected in November," Hill told CNN's Gloria Borger. But it's not just because he's running against Donald Trump, she adds. "Its more about the survivors of gender violence. That's really what it's about." And if that means voting for and working with Joe Biden, then "so be it." "My commitment is to finding solutions, and I am more than willing to work with him," Hill said. She'd like to work on issues of sexual harassment, gender violence and gender discrimination.

Hill and Biden have a troubled history dating back nearly three decades: In 1991, Biden was chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee and oversaw the confirmation hearing of then-US Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas. Hill was the star witness, testifying that Thomas sexually harassed her when they worked together at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Thomas denied the allegations. Hill said those hearings permanently altered her life. For Hill, the public declaration of a willingness to work inside government is a sea change. "One of the impacts of 1991 was my desire not to really work with the government in any way," Hill said. "I always said, I think I can be more effective as an outsider, as opposed to an insider. And now, I'm willing to evolve myself, to work for change inside."

[cont]

Anita Hill vows to vote for Joe Biden and work with him on gender issues - CNNPolitics

Trump is that bad. Even Anita Hill, who has every reason to despise Biden, knows that Biden is the better choice even on the exact same metric upon which she has reason to despise him.

Oh, and before anyone tries to derail with "dementia", I present a helpful infographic:

Trumb babble 2.jpg

Remember being told that nobody who cares about sexual assault could possibly support Joe Biden because of how the Anita Hill hearings went (nevermind Trump's 25 sexual assaults and walking into locker rooms to ogle naked females at his pageants, including girls as young as fifteen)?

Well, about that . . .

Anita Hill never pictured herself voting for Joe Biden. But given the political reality the nation is facing, she's not only going to vote for Biden -- she's also willing to work with him, should he become president. "Notwithstanding all of his limitations in the past, and the mistakes that he made in the past, notwithstanding those -- at this point, between Donald Trump and Joe Biden, I think Joe Biden is the person who should be elected in November," Hill told CNN's Gloria Borger. But it's not just because he's running against Donald Trump, she adds. "Its more about the survivors of gender violence. That's really what it's about." And if that means voting for and working with Joe Biden, then "so be it." "My commitment is to finding solutions, and I am more than willing to work with him," Hill said. She'd like to work on issues of sexual harassment, gender violence and gender discrimination.

Hill and Biden have a troubled history dating back nearly three decades: In 1991, Biden was chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee and oversaw the confirmation hearing of then-US Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas. Hill was the star witness, testifying that Thomas sexually harassed her when they worked together at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Thomas denied the allegations. Hill said those hearings permanently altered her life. For Hill, the public declaration of a willingness to work inside government is a sea change. "One of the impacts of 1991 was my desire not to really work with the government in any way," Hill said. "I always said, I think I can be more effective as an outsider, as opposed to an insider. And now, I'm willing to evolve myself, to work for change inside."

[cont]

Anita Hill vows to vote for Joe Biden and work with him on gender issues - CNNPolitics

Trump is that bad. Even Anita Hill, who has every reason to despise Biden, knows that Biden is the better choice even on the exact same metric upon which she has reason to despise him.

Oh, and before anyone tries to derail with "dementia", I present a helpful infographic:

View attachment 67294376

This is huge for Joe Biden. Anita Hill was treated very badly, shamefully actually by Senator Biden during the Clarence Thomas hearings. Yes, he has apologized to her multiple times, but for her to come out publicly supporting him says a lot. It says she doesn't want to see a sexual predator remain our president for four more years.

Faint.gif

Stockholm syndrome, probably. He going to appoint her "Director of Pronouns".

You wouldn't know it from the above post, but words have meanings.

Stockholm syndrome, probably.

Yeah, he's probably had her locked in the basement of a pizza joint for the last few decades.

:roll:

I know you Trumpists are required to fart something out to try to derail a thread if it reflects positively on Biden or negatively of Trump, but put a little more effort in. That's just stupid.

Everyone has their price.

Well, about that . . .

[cont]

View attachment 67294376

Oh my God!! This is shocking and important news.......to no one but you.

Trump and his enablers / supporters will rather ironically go after Anita Hill now in a similar manner that Biden did way back then.

Trump and his enablers / supporters will rather ironically go after Anita Hill now in a similar manner that Biden did way back then.

Which will help solidify the female and black vote. I hope they do. They're too stupid to realize what they are doing.

Which will help solidify the female and black vote. I hope they do.

:lamo

How patronizing and condescending. The left uses people like toilet paper, then flushes them.

...like the Gold Star family with the tiny little constitution, but he never let his wife speak. haha.

The Democratic Party is like an abusive relationship you wish you had left years ago.

Well, about that . . .

[cont]

View attachment 67294376

WOW the liar Hill is voting for Biden. Color me surprised!!!!!!!!!!!! Biden will take every voter he can get including liars.

Well, about that . . .

[cont]

View attachment 67294376

I was worried that Trump would win Massachusetts, but with Ms Hill voting for Biden, it might just flip the Bay State to Joe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good for Hill speaking out against one of the men who have a long history of inappropriate sexual behavior concerning women. I would have more respect for her had she also spoke out against the other man running for office who has a history of inappropriate sexual behavior concerning women. IMO she missed an opportunity, but there is still time for her to choose to be a leader

Everyone has their price.

You should know. Take a look at the republican Congress, they're all bought and paid for in one way or another.

You should know. Take a look at the republican Congress, they're all bought and paid for in one way or another.

Yes, most of them are...as well as most of the Dems in Congress.

Yes, most of them are...as well as most of the Dems in Congress.

Democrats aren't ****ting in their pants anticipating they're going to lose their seat. Men like Mitch McConnell sure are.

Good for Hill speaking out against one of the men who have a long history of inappropriate sexual behavior concerning women. I would have more respect for her had she also spoke out against the other man running for office who has a history of inappropriate sexual behavior concerning women. IMO she missed an opportunity, but there is still time for her to choose to be a leader

Hill demonstrated her deep regard for the truth last week when she appeared on the View to tout her new Hollywood watchdog group. Anyone interested can hear the episode on YouTube, butI’ll paraphrase: she said groups like hers were necessary to prevent what happened to Christine Blakey Ford from happening again.

Now think about that a minute. She could have excoriated Weinstein, who has been found guilty in court of sexually based crimes.

But instead she attacked Justice Kavanagh, whose accuser brought no evidence to the table.

Why attack Kavanagh rather than Weinstein? Because the former was tied to Trump, nothing more.

Whatever her past record, currently she is a sellout and a liar.

Back
Top Bottom