• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Animal Cruelty' to sell a goldfish, but Halal's OK!

I've seen those programmes in which trading standards officers send kids into shops to buy fireworks, only to get taped by the hidden cameras. I understand the logic of that because it's also illegal to sell fireworks to kids under a certain age. And for the benefit of the television the child can be obviously underage. Apparently the pet shop kid looked much older and that is where my beef is. Not with her breaking any laws and getting punished or for trading standards people sending kids on stings. Just thought I'd mention that as well and I suppose that's that for this point.

It's not so much the relative numbers of fishes and cows but how practically avoidable the suffering is when killing the cattle. Contrary to appearances, given my hostility to Islam, I didn't set out to specifically have a go at Muslims (though I do admit I digressed here and there). And I'm more than happy to reciprocate by repeating myself to you as well.

That zoo woman's not the only Labour person to get all stuffy about animal rights. Just she's the latest example of a brigade who spent more time (on a single bill debate) trying to get hunting with hounds outlawed than trying to fix the NHS or get education up to scratch. My thought aloud was how they could do that and stay silent over other things. (And other points included a lack of joined up government as well as the irony of having this happen at the same time as street crime remains a rampant scourge.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom