• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Animal abuse rant...

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Animal abuse rant... dead puppy walking

So a coworker asks if I want or know of anyone that wants a puppy. I do a lot of dog rescue. So I ask the usual battert of questions.
1. Why are you giving her up?
"We dont have a yard and she not good inside very destructive"

2. Shots? Spay/neuter? Heartworms?
Nah just a dog, I dont believe in getting ripped off by vets, that stuff is all a scam.

It took all my professional skill not to punch that son of a bitch. I told him to get her checked for heartworms, if negative get her on pills and I'll pay for then and start finding her a home. Either in abilene (mum runs the no kill up there) or finding a big dog rescue in the area.

Why are people so callous about pets?
The are living creatures that need to be cared for, wtf?

Puppy is a year old yellow lab

Last edited:
Re: Animal abuse rant... dead puppy walking

On one hand, I agree with you. On the other... people have been keeping dogs for at least 10k years before medication and what naught and they were fine>>> sure there weren't the same breeds we have now, but still.

I don't think it's fair for people to own pets if they can't make a home for them. It's one of the reasons why I, despite a burning desire to get a dog, won't yet because I don't have my own place or the time to give them the companionship a dog deserves from it's owner. So yeah... I'll wait until I am in that position.

I think people themselves should be investigated thoroughly before they're allowed to have pets... experience with animals, resume of prior pets and what happened with them, police records of animal neglect/abuse on record, the whole shebang.

Cats and dogs only life for 10-15 years on average, so it's up to the humans who care for them to make sure those brief years are filled with love, attention, health and companionship. Words cannot describe the utter contempt I feel toward those who are either cruel to animals, or who ignore their pets who are sick or injured, saying "It will either get better or it won't."

People like that make me livid. :2mad:

I think people themselves should be investigated thoroughly before they're allowed to have pets... experience with animals, resume of prior pets and what happened with them, police records of animal neglect/abuse on record, the whole shebang.

Cats and dogs only life for 10-15 years on average, so it's up to the humans who care for them to make sure those brief years are filled with love, attention, health and companionship. Words cannot describe the utter contempt I feel toward those who are either cruel to animals, or who ignore their pets who are sick or injured, saying "It will either get better or it won't."

If the puppy comes back HW Negative I'mma go all out to find her a home

Curiously, do you think people out to be investigated thoroughly before they're allowed to birth a baby? Seems many people value pets more than they do children these days, to hear folks talk like you. If you answer is yes, then, okay at least you're consistent, but you know as well as I most who rant about pets and owners and investigations, would be mortified if people had to go through that before having children. So though I get the outrage over foolish pet owners, let's not delve into hype.

I hate the apathy that comes with pet ownership by some people. No vet care, no heartworm medication, nothing. It was pouring here yesterday, and as we were driving in to town for lunch, we passed by a place with this poor lab mix, sitting outside in the rain, attached by a chain, and sitting up on top of a plastic box, because the ground was too saturated for it to sit there. It was pitiful.

Have someone here in my neighborhood who is just as bad -- this poor dog is chained up in the back yard, 24/7. Barks all the time, left out there when it rains, when it's cold. Nobody goes out to play with it or anything. Why do people even get dogs if they have no intention of being good pet parents?

I used to rescue dogs when I had my kennel in Alabama. I rescued several dogs, sometimes at great expense to myself. I paid $1,000 for 3 poodles, only because they were in such a bad state. I took them, had them groomed, had them vetted and then found them good homes through Craigslist. I didn't charge anyone for them, but just tried to make sure that they went to good homes.

When we moved here, we started adopting heartworm-positive dogs from the pound who were about to be euthanized. We'd keep them, get them healthy, get them on a good medication regimen and then find them good homes. We saved a lot of dogs' lives that way, because nobody wanted them. They didn't realize how easy it was to keep them alive. They would hear "heartworm positive" and automatically say, "No, I don't have time for that." That's why they were so close to death. Nobody wanted them. :(

Curiously, do you think people out to be investigated thoroughly before they're allowed to birth a baby? Seems many people value pets more than they do children these days, to hear folks talk like you. If you answer is yes, then, okay at least you're consistent, but you know as well as I most who rant about pets and owners and investigations, would be mortified if people had to go through that before having children. So though I get the outrage over foolish pet owners, let's not delve into hype.

I agree that potential parents should be investigated for having children. I also suggest a $5,000.00 fee that must be placed in the child's education account. Maybe we wouldn't have so many distorted humans that way. Maybe if you had to put some thought into baby making you'd do a better job.

I agree that potential parents should be investigated for having children. I also suggest a $5,000.00 fee that must be placed in the child's education account. Maybe we wouldn't have so many distorted humans that way. Maybe if you had to put some thought into baby making you'd do a better job.

Fair enough, first we have to get the rightie tighties to allow free birth control then because now it's cheaper to get pregnant than to not... If you can get that done, I'll join you in promoting the rest.

So a coworker asks if I want or know of anyone that wants a puppy. I do a lot of dog rescue. So I ask the usual battert of questions.

Nah just a dog, I dont believe in getting ripped off by vets, that stuff is all a scam.

It took all my professional skill not to punch that son of a bitch. I told him to get her checked for heartworms, if negative get her on pills and I'll pay for then and start finding her a home. Either in abilene (mum runs the no kill up there) or finding a big dog rescue in the area.

But they clearly don't want to keep the dog so I don't see an issue. Obviously they realize that having a pet is quite the undertaking and they're not cut out for it.

I prefer that this is what such people do, those who aren't animal lovers, so there's no harm, no foul - just a new home. No biggie. It bothers me more when people keep pets, they aren't pet lovers, and they abuse them and neglect them *until they die*

But they clearly don't want to keep the dog so I don't see an issue. Obviously they realize that having a pet is quite the undertaking and they're not cut out for it.

I prefer that this is what such people do, those who aren't animal lovers, so there's no harm, no foul - just a new home. No biggie. It bothers me more when people keep pets, they aren't pet lovers, and they abuse them and neglect them *until they die*

Well said. Yep, all those dogs forever chained and ignored in the backyard with moldy water, slimy food bowls and so much poop around they have no place left to sleep without being in it. Seen that tooo many times.

Fair enough, first we have to get the rightie tighties to allow free birth control then because now it's cheaper to get pregnant than to not... If you can get that done, I'll join you in promoting the rest.

I'm afraid my fantasy is just Sci-Fi. It's far too logical. I had no idea that birth control was most expensive than raising a child to adulthood.

I'm afraid my fantasy is just Sci-Fi. It's far too logical. I had no idea that birth control was most expensive than raising a child to adulthood.
I very carefully didn't say raising a child, I said getting pregnant. Right? I know it's late, but you're usually not so easy to trip up.

Put a stamp on her ass and my address around her neck. Best dog I ever had was a Lab.
Uh, she okay around chickens?

I very carefully didn't say raising a child, I said getting pregnant. Right? I know it's late, but you're usually not so easy to trip up.

Yes, you've won a great victory. It doesn't cost a penny to get pregnant and it does cost money to get birth control. So, unless the "rightie-tities" pay for your birth control, you should be allowed to get pregnant as much as you want to and then you can get the rightie-tighties to pay for the cost of your child rearing.

Indeed, you should have no responsibilities of any kind until the righty-tighties pay for it.

All my life I supported equality for minorities and homosexuals. I believe inb helping people in unfortunate circumstances. I believe unemployment, Medicare and Social Security are something you pay for and are thus entitled to.

What I don't believe is that you have no responsibilities of your own and that everything should be provided free and that you have no responsibility to make any effort or ber any expense. So, I am now a righty-tightie.

Go, celebrate your victory. Make those righty-tighties pay for your celebratory drinks. Those cheap bastards probably will try to get you to pay for your own but don't pay attention to them. There must be a welfare program that will take care of it for you. How about disability? Aren't you disabled from getting free drinks? That's just awful.

So, to stay on topic, unless the government pays for your pet expenses, you should not have to feed them or take them to the Vet. That finally explains why so many are abandoned. Old guys like me, who paid their own way through life, will continue to take care of their anuimals without government funding. But more the fool me for doing that.

Last edited:

Yes, you've won a great victory. It doesn't cost a penny to get pregnant and it does cost money to get birth control. So, unless the "rightie-tities" pay for your birth control, you should be allowed to get pregnant as much as you want to and then you can get the rightie-tighties to pay for the cost of your child rearing.

Indeed, you should have no responsibilities of any kind until the righty-tighties pay for it.

All my life I supported equality for minorities and homosexuals. I believe inb helping people in unfortunate circumstances. I believe unemployment, Medicare and Social Security are something you pay for and are thus entitled to.

What I don't believe is that you have no responsibilities of your own and that everything should be provided free and that you have no responsibility to make any effort or ber any expense. So, I am now a righty-tightie.

Go, celebrate your victory. Make those righty-tighties pay for your celebratory drinks. Those cheap bastards probably will try to get you to pay for your own but don't pay attention to them. There must be a welfare program that will take care of it for you. How about disability? Aren't you disabled from getting free drinks? That's just awful.

So, to stay on topic, unless the government pays for your pet expenses, you should not have to feed them or take them to the Vet. That finally explains why so many are abandoned. Old guys like me, who paid their own way through life, will continue to take care of their anuimals without government funding. But more the fool me for doing that.
No, if we want to put your good idea about testing parents and requiring $5000 in school savings, then we need to stop accidental pregnancies, yes? Hence, we would have to instigate a countrywide practice of offering free birth control.

Wow, I'm sorry the last post was a bit snarky, but it wasn't intended as rudely as you seem to have taken it. My apologies.

No, if we want to put your good idea about testing parents and requiring $5000 in school savings, then we need to stop accidental pregnancies, yes? Hence, we would have to instigate a countrywide practice of offering free birth control.

Wow, I'm sorry the last post was a bit snarky, but it wasn't intended as rudely as you seem to have taken it. My apologies.

I thought that birth control was now required by Obamacare. Also, abortions are legal and pretty much available in most (not all) states. But in America, you can't even castrate a serial rapist because the right to make babies is sacred. Would I like to see a change of circumstances that insured that every child had love, was read to, was cared about and for? Yes. Do I have even the slightest hope this will ever become reality? No.

At least the smaller no-kill shelters do interview and establish standards for adoptions of pets. They also have a fee that must be paid. So, a cat has at least as good a chance as a human baby does, maybe even better. How weird is that?

I sponsor 2 no-kills, I've left a house and funding for the cats if they outlive me and my final estate will be liquidated and given to local no-kills. Even if I wanted to do something for humans, there really aren't any agencies for that. Instead, we have agencies for the failed humans who should never have been born in the first place.

If I thought free birth control would result in one less baby, I would put some money and effort there. But I don't believe that for a moment. Regrettably, our most functional members of society have fewer children (by decision, not by free birth control) and those least qualified have the most children. Look around and you'll see the results. Bulging prisons, growing poverty rolls, insane and pointless hate crimes.

I thought that birth control was now required by Obamacare. Also, abortions are legal and pretty much available in most (not all) states. But in America, you can't even castrate a serial rapist because the right to make babies is sacred. Would I like to see a change of circumstances that insured that every child had love, was read to, was cared about and for? Yes. Do I have even the slightest hope this will ever become reality? No.

At least the smaller no-kill shelters do interview and establish standards for adoptions of pets. They also have a fee that must be paid. So, a cat has at least as good a chance as a human baby does, maybe even better. How weird is that?

I sponsor 2 no-kills, I've left a house and funding for the cats if they outlive me and my final estate will be liquidated and given to local no-kills. Even if I wanted to do something for humans, there really aren't any agencies for that. Instead, we have agencies for the failed humans who should never have been born in the first place.

If I thought free birth control would result in one less baby, I would put some money and effort there. But I don't believe that for a moment. Regrettably, our most functional members of society have fewer children (by decision, not by free birth control) and those least qualified have the most children. Look around and you'll see the results. Bulging prisons, growing poverty rolls, insane and pointless hate crimes.

Yes, Obamacare is now supposed to cover it. But the fact that affordable female healthcare...nevermind, it'll derail the thread, but I'm astonished at your ignorance about the availability of healthcare for impoverished (which you carelessly and meanly call "least qualified" instead of recognizing they are also those with least opportunity to become qualified) women regarding reproductive rights, hell really any healthcare, even after ACA since so many states have refused to insure their poor, or in the Southern states where they have no availability to reproductive healthcare even if they have the money, due to the new laws shutting down most if not all clinics..

Yes, Obamacare is now supposed to cover it. But the fact that affordable female healthcare...nevermind, it'll derail the thread, but I'm astonished at your ignorance about the availability of healthcare for impoverished (which you carelessly and meanly call "least qualified" instead of recognizing they are also those with least opportunity to become qualified) women regarding reproductive rights, hell really any healthcare, even after ACA since so many states have refused to insure their poor, or in the Southern states where they have no availability to reproductive healthcare even if they have the money, due to the new laws shutting down most if not all clinics..

I may be a mean, ignorant mother****er, but I've had the decency to pay my own way through life and not mistreat my pets (the subject of the thread).

I may be a mean, ignorant mother****er, but I've had the decency to pay my own way through life and not mistreat my pets (the subject of the thread).

As I said to start with, seems a lot of folks are more worried about the health and treatment of pets, than children. It's ludicrous.

As I said to start with, seems a lot of folks are more worried about the health and treatment of pets, than children. It's ludicrous.

Of course I am more worried about the health, safety and security of my pets as opposed to, say, your children. I am also interested in the health, welfare and financial security of my children. I've worked hard to provide for both of them. I grew up in an era when the government wasn't assigned the role of providing a free lunch.

As for all those other children, that is the responsibility of their parents. I don't have the resources to look after everyone else. Thus my suggestion of licensing children, however unlikely that might be.

Of course I am more worried about the health, safety and security of my pets as opposed to, say, your children. I am also interested in the health, welfare and financial security of my children. I've worked hard to provide for both of them. I grew up in an era when the government wasn't assigned the role of providing a free lunch.

As for all those other children, that is the responsibility of their parents. I don't have the resources to look after everyone else. Thus my suggestion of licensing children, however unlikely that might be.

Oh, but you came on here, outraged about a pet you know nothing about, never met..... Please, keep the goal posts in place.

Oh, but you came on here, outraged about a pet you know nothing about, never met..... Please, keep the goal posts in place.

Below is every post I put in this thread. Please point out where "I came on here, outraged about a pet you know nothing about, never met..... ". You can't.

Of course, I invested a fair amount of time responding to your attacks. You seem incapable of holding a civilized conversation. This may be a political board but not everything has to do with politics. I have ideas, I try to passionately argue my case and I don't take everything that is said as proof of some political position or the other.

Anyway, I've had enough. Please add me to your ignore list.

Cat rescue is my "hobby". I've done very well with Craig's List. This my website-there are no ads - it's just my passionAdvocacy for exceptional cats in imminent danger

for your birth control, you should be allowed to get pregnant as much as you want to and then you can get the rightie-tighties to pay for the cost of your child rearing.

I hate the apathy that comes with pet ownership by some people. No vet care, no heartworm medication, nothing. It was pouring here yesterday, and as we were driving in to town for lunch, we passed by a place with this poor lab mix, sitting outside in the rain, attached by a chain, and sitting up on top of a plastic box, because the ground was too saturated for it to sit there. It was pitiful.

Have someone here in my neighborhood who is just as bad -- this poor dog is chained up in the back yard, 24/7. Barks all the time, left out there when it rains, when it's cold. Nobody goes out to play with it or anything. Why do people even get dogs if they have no intention of being good pet parents?

I used to rescue dogs when I had my kennel in Alabama. I rescued several dogs, sometimes at great expense to myself. I paid $1,000 for 3 poodles, only because they were in such a bad state. I took them, had them groomed, had them vetted and then found them good homes through Craigslist. I didn't charge anyone for them, but just tried to make sure that they went to good homes.

When we moved here, we started adopting heartworm-positive dogs from the pound who were about to be euthanized. We'd keep them, get them healthy, get them on a good medication regimen and then find them good homes. We saved a lot of dogs' lives that way, because nobody wanted them. They didn't realize how easy it was to keep them alive. They would hear "heartworm positive" and automatically say, "No, I don't have time for that." That's why they were so close to death. Nobody wanted them. :(

This nation is full of adults who function as children. More than a few people in this country wouldn't think about sacrificing anything for anyone or any animal. Responsibility is not in their vocabulary.

My sister in law is a veterinarian. The stories she tells about animal abusing bastards who neglect the health of their pets is astounding.

WTF??? That's because the topic of the damned thread is "Animal Abuse", not child abuse. Forgive us all to hell for actually addressing the topic instead of launching into a tirade about children being more important than pets. Jesus!

Back
Top Bottom