• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Angry goy 2' neo-nazi video game lets users kill lgbt people and minorities to save donald trump

I tell ya, Trouble. Trouble my friends...Trouble
That begins with T
that rhymes with P
and that stands for POOL.

(The roundabout logic the MUSIC MAN got the townsfolk of Gary, IN to shut down the pool hall and buy band equipment from him)

Therefore;

I tell ya Trump, my friends, that begins with T
and that rhymes with G
which is the beginning of GOP
which shares the same first letter as Game
so Trump must be responsible for this game.

Burned or what?

The problem with this dismissive attitude is that you are trying to have it both ways.

- The U.S. Constitution has been a matter of great influence on later constitutions and legal thinking throughout the world. Its influence appears in similarities of phrasing and actual borrowed passages, as well as in the principles of the rule of law, the separation of powers and the recognition of individual rights. More recently, I would direct you to read the new democratic constitutions of Libya, Egypt, and Tunisia after the Arab Spring.

- The American Civil War was influential as the world watched Americans put a decisive end to the idea that slavery was acceptable. In 1862, there were only two independent sovereign nations ruled by Africans or people of African descent, Haiti and Liberia. Lincoln recognized both and declared a "new birth of freedom" as he transformed the Monroe Doctrine of American foreign policy into transcending color.

- After World War I, colonies throughout the world clung to Wilson's Fourteen Points and translated its wording as meaning their independence from colonial masters. Ho Chi Minh, and so many others, literally traveled to Paris in the hopes of meeting Wilson so that they could argue their case.

- After World War II, U.S. admiration was on an extreme high as so many societies around the world sought our culture, our socioeconomic systems, and our governing principles in order to rebuild from devastation or create anew in their discovered independence.

- The Civil Right's movement forced much of the world's racist systems to adjust within their respective countries, leaving South Africa's apartheid sitting largely alone.

- And one President after another, since Reagan, has presented America as John Winthrop’s "City Upon the Hill."

We don't seem to have any problem recognizing and accepting that America's history does, in fact, involve leading the world to a better place through the positive influences of our own internal struggles. This struggle is about achieving what the Founding Fathers put us on the path for; and it is projected outward through foreign policy and diplomacy. Americans have traditionally loved to insist that the U.S. is the "high moral ground" example for all others to follow. But when it comes to other things we pretend that negativity has no influence whatsoever. Why do you think Europeans and others are fond of exacerbating and even exaggerating whenever America slips up? Europeans spent the entire Cold War looking for reasons to excuse World War II and their wider history. The psychological notion that "if America does it, it is OK" is real. Dictators everywhere rely on America's less than honorable history to legitimize their behaviors. This is why "pre-emptive" strikes and political moves such as impeachment must always have solid grounding.

Now, we have a President who has instigated violence upon the media during his rallies, routinely denigrates local and world leaders, validates the existence of far right-wing moods through his political extremism, and is on record for seeking to delegitimize American elections, in 2008, 2016, and even now in 2018. You think the world isn't watching? You think the alt-right showed up en masse at Trump rallies, and then went on to boldly push a political voice on accident? You think a constant tirade about how Washington is a "swamp" and that corruption defines American democracy and that the free press is an enemy isn't influential? With hate-crimes exponentially on the rise over the last three years, these people are obviously feeding off of Trump's immature, irresponsible, and aggressive behavior.

Last edited:
Hold on a minute. What about the claim that video games are not responsible for the way people are right now? That all the shoot 'em up games are not responsible for our young kids being desensitized to killing?

Which is it people? Either video games mold our young people or they don't.

Hold on a minute. What about the claim that video games are not responsible for the way people are right now? That all the shoot 'em up games are not responsible for our young kids being desensitized to killing?

I don’t think anyone is claiming this game will influence anybody (at least anybody not already open to it), only that it reflects the existing opinions and attitudes of the people who made it and choose to play it.

I have only one word to describe this insanity...............

Holy freakin' nutty as a fruitcake crap!!

OK, that was more than one word. Here's another word...........

Sick.

https://www.newsweek.com/charlotesville-crying-nazi-hosts-video-game-allowing-users-kill-lgbt-people-1212855

Some of Trump's "very fine people" in action.

When a POTUS bases an entire campaign strategy around fear, hatred, and racism, I don't think this should surprise anyone.

Trump’s Midterm Closing Argument: Pure Racial Fear

When Trump wanted to energize his base, this was the best strategy he could come up with.

It's not a matter of which is "it" or a single responsibility. Video game violence is a part of this.

- In terms of video game violence, we saw a series of Grand Theft Auto games come out starting in 1997 to home consoles.

- A couple butt-hurt kids in 1999 entered Columbine High School and set a precedence for other future nut cases.

- Since 9/11 or kids have grown up in an environment of constant and persistent anger, vengeance, and warfare.

- Since Smart Phones in 2012, teenage anxiety, depression, and suicides have gone through the roof.

All of this was going on long before the last three years of increased hate crimes. The question to ask is what in the last three years has added itself to the issue.

It's not a matter of which is "it" or a single responsibility. Video game violence is a part of this.

- In terms of video game violence, we saw a series of Grand Theft Auto games come out starting in 1997 to home consoles.

- A couple butt-hurt kids in 1999 entered Columbine High School and set a precedence for other future nut cases.

- Since 9/11 or kids have grown up in an environment of constant and persistent anger, vengeance, and warfare.

- Since Smart Phones in 2012, teenage anxiety, depression, and suicides have gone through the roof.

All of this was going on long before the last three years of increased hate crimes. The question to ask is what in the last three years has added itself to the issue.

I don't think it 'added' as much as exposed the issue.

Nothing was added, but you also seem to forget that many of these kids that are committing such crimes. Especially with Columbine, was that the kids were outcast and mistreated by either the student body, the faculty, or both.

The problem with this dismissive attitude is that you are trying to have it both ways.

- The U.S. Constitution has been a matter of great influence on later constitutions and legal thinking throughout the world. Its influence appears in similarities of phrasing and actual borrowed passages, as well as in the principles of the rule of law, the separation of powers and the recognition of individual rights. More recently, I would direct you to read the new democratic constitutions of Libya, Egypt, and Tunisia after the Arab Spring.

- The American Civil War was influential as the world watched Americans put a decisive end to the idea that slavery was acceptable. In 1862, there were only two independent sovereign nations ruled by Africans or people of African descent, Haiti and Liberia. Lincoln recognized both and declared a "new birth of freedom" as he transformed the Monroe Doctrine of American foreign policy into transcending color.

- After World War I, colonies throughout the world clung to Wilson's Fourteen Points and translated its wording as meaning their independence from colonial masters. Ho Chi Minh, and so many others, literally traveled to Paris in the hopes of meeting Wilson so that they could argue their case.

- After World War II, U.S. admiration was on an extreme high as so many societies around the world sought our culture, our socioeconomic systems, and our governing principles in order to rebuild from devastation or create anew in their discovered independence.

- The Civil Right's movement forced much of the world's racist systems to adjust within their respective countries, leaving South Africa's apartheid sitting largely alone.

- And one President after another, since Reagan, has presented America as John Winthrop’s "City Upon the Hill."

We don't seem to have any problem recognizing and accepting that America's history does, in fact, involve leading the world to a better place through the positive influences of our own internal struggles. This struggle is about achieving what the Founding Fathers put us on the path for; and it is projected outward through foreign policy and diplomacy. Americans have traditionally loved to insist that the U.S. is the "high moral ground" example for all others to follow. But when it comes to other things we pretend that negativity has no influence whatsoever. Why do you think Europeans and others are fond of exacerbating and even exaggerating whenever America slips up? Europeans spent the entire Cold War looking for reasons to excuse World War II and their wider history. The psychological notion that "if America does it, it is OK" is real. Dictators everywhere rely on America's less than honorable history to legitimize their behaviors. This is why "pre-emptive" strikes and political moves such as impeachment must always have solid grounding.

Now, we have a President who has instigated violence upon the media during his rallies, routinely denigrates local and world leaders, validates the existence of far right-wing moods through his political extremism, and is on record for seeking to delegitimize American elections, in 2008, 2016, and even now in 2018. You think the world isn't watching? You think the alt-right showed up en masse at Trump rallies, and then went on to boldly push a political voice on accident? You think a constant tirade about how Washington is a "swamp" and that corruption defines American democracy and that the free press is an enemy isn't influential? With hate-crimes exponentially on the rise over the last three years, these people are obviously feeding off of Trump's immature, irresponsible, and aggressive behavior.

Please forgive me.
It is zero-dark-thirty here and I am sure you have some good points.
You took the time to write it all, so I should take to time to carefully read it all.
This I will do.....just not right now.

Time to hit the rack.
I will carefully read what you wrote tomorrow and comment on it.
Thank you,
PV

I don't think it 'added' as much as exposed the issue.

I'll buy that.

But the exposure and spotlight began at some point. The far-right/alt-right's current mood found new footing at Trump rallies. Why did they find comfort at Trump rallies? Even the GOP was shocked. Introduce Steve Bannon to the campaign to compliment Trump's aggressive and denigrating behavior, and then to the elected Administration as Chief Strategist, and political extremism was validated. From here, we eventually saw ANTIFA jump out of the shadows and they don't seem too concerned about their pro-communist origins. If hate crime has been on the rise over the past three years, I think it is more than just an exposure of an existing issue. There's an almost encouragement going on.

I'll buy that.

But the exposure and spotlight began at some point. The far-right/alt-right's current mood found new footing at Trump rallies. Why did they find comfort at Trump rallies? Even the GOP was shocked. Introduce Steve Bannon to the campaign to compliment Trump's aggressive and denigrating behavior, and then to the elected Administration as Chief Strategist, and political extremism was validated. From here, we eventually saw ANTIFA jump out of the shadows and they don't seem too concerned about their pro-communist origins. If hate crime has been on the rise over the past three years, I think it is more than just an exposure of an existing issue. There's an almost encouragement going on.

I can agree that it feels like encouragement. It's almost like some feel like they have permission to be themselves publicly. I don't know if I'd rather have them exposed for what they are or go back in so called 'hiding' where we don't see the danger. Some would be happy that these extremists quietly fade from view, and pretend the country is so PC and everyone gets along. As much as I can't stand that they exist (on either side) I would rather know who they are. Kind of a catch-22, imo.

Back
Top Bottom