• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Angry furloughed federal workers protest shutdown at the White House, around the country

Democrats could pass the bill that the house passed in December. If they had done that then there would of never been a shutdown

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So you think the Dems should cave into anything that Trump wants, got it. Do you think Dems were elected to support Trump's wall, yes or no?

I'm actually surprised it took so long, but you can only survive so long on pride without pay

The first paycheck any of them missed would have hit today. Until today, they haven't gone without pay.

So you think the Dems should cave into anything that Trump wants, got it. Do you think Dems were elected to support Trump's wall, yes or no?
Why not, you seem to think that Trump should cave in to the dems and thsts the position your arguing. I can easily and just did argue, the opposite.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Kinda disproves the point the right makes that everyone is lazy and just wants a handout when workers are protesting the right to... work.

The irony is delicious.

When we are talking about 5 billion out of a 4+ trillion dollar annual spend, yes, they should just fund it and move on.

If they think its a waste of money, we waste more than 5 billion annually, what's 5 more. They have to prove why that 5 billion is more wasteful than the other waste.
If they want to reduce funding to something else by 5 billion, put something on the table and move on.

At this point, its either 5 billion or 0 trillion. Pick your poison.

When we are talking about 5 billion out of a 4+ trillion dollar annual spend, yes, they should just fund it and move on.

If they think its a waste of money, we waste more than 5 billion annually, what's 5 more. They have to prove why that 5 billion is more wasteful than the other waste.
If they want to reduce funding to something else by 5 billion, put something on the table and move on.

At this point, its either 5 billion or 0 trillion. Pick your poison.

Since the wall is only for political gain by Trump and does little to combat illegal immigration, why should the Dems cave? Again there are far better ways to combat illegal immigration, this is the LEAST effective way. Right now, the majority of Americans hold Trump accountable for this shutdown and the right and his supporters better buckle up because he is dragging the GOP down the drain for 2020.

Nope, the Dems aren't representing the non citizen over the citizen. I don't want the wasteful wall that is only useful to Trump's ego and the Dem house is doing exactly what I elected them to do, hold Trump accountable.

LOL...No, that's talking point blather...The Demo house is blocking security for the American people in the face of

4,000 homocides

30,000 sexual assaults

100,000 arrests for violent acts

by illegals.

I'd say they are representing the illegals here over the American citizens.

Since the wall is only for political gain by Trump and does little to combat illegal immigration, why should the Dems cave? Again there are far better ways to combat illegal immigration, this is the LEAST effective way. Right now, the majority of Americans hold Trump accountable for this shutdown and the right and his supporters better buckle up because he is dragging the GOP down the drain for 2020.

I'll put you down for 0.

If Trump can use the "national emergency" Congressional workaround, then so will Democrats in 2020 re: climate change, healthcare, etc.

Things will get really interesting if he calls a national emergency to get funding for the wall. It'll be interesting to see if party loyalty will get republicans to overlook the president going over their heads and stripping them of some of their power. I suspect it won't.

I'm actually surprised it took so long, but you can only survive so long on pride without pay

Angry furloughed federal workers protest shutdown at the White House, around the country

Can you imagine how many people will see their credit ruined due to the shutdown if it continues much longer? You can call your mortgage lender and explain to them what is going on and pay them once you are made whole at the end of the shutdown. The same is true with your auto lender and so on. They won't foreclose on your home or repossess your car until you get way behind, but they will still report your late payment to the credit agencies and you could easily see your score drop by way over a hundred points. That is the kind of stuff that doesn't get talked about or reported. Sure, few workers lose their home or see their cars repossessed because of this, but a lot of them sure see their credit ruined for years because of it.

LOL...No, that's talking point blather...The Demo house is blocking security for the American people in the face of

4,000 homocides

30,000 sexual assaults

100,000 arrests for violent acts

by illegals.

I'd say they are representing the illegals here over the American citizens.

Oh spare me, the number of gun deaths and violence dwarf that and Republicans don't want to do **** for that. If you guys really wanted illegal immigration reform than Republicans would have pushed E-Verify.

EDIT: Also, the $5B for the wall would not stop any of that.

True, and yet you people have been whining for 3 weeks how these people were already devastated, but yet, this is the FIRST paycheck they won't receive...

This is now shifting from the President's claim that he would own the shutdown for border security, to democrats who only want to represent the non citizen over the citizen...I'd be pissed if I were you guys.
The government couldn't legally stop paying them 3 weeks ago, as they'd already worked a week.

That doesn't mean they couldn't be devastated about a paycheck 3 weeks out.

Not every employee lives paycheck to paycheck, most people understand the ramifications of knowing that one paycheck from now you may be out of a job and will have to do carpentry or plumbing of leaf raking to make ends meet.

I really hope you aren't a manager somewhere.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

I'll put you down for 0.

You would be lying again if you did so, but that is up to you. I've agreed with the already agreed upon bill before Trump threw a tantrum which would have been $1.3B he could have used for a wall and that was the Dems being generous for something that isn't anything other than a political tool for Trump.

If Nutty Nancy and Cryin' Chuck would stop cowtowing to people who have no right to be here, they wouldn't be out of work and not getting paid.

In 5... 4... 3... a Trump tweet calling for them to be fired while the "others support him in this shutdown."

Oh, and don't forget the deflection that they're protesting because they're all Democrats who work for the government.

They won't lose one cent from the shut down!

Trump promises to pay federal workers after shutdown

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/424835-president-trump-promises-to-pay-federal-workers-after-shutdown

President Trump has promised Democratic Sen. Tim Kaine (Va.) that he will sign a bill providing backpay to federal workers once the government shutdown, which has stretched 20 days, finally ends.

The Senate passed by unanimous consent legislation Thursday evening providing that federal workers — essential and furloughed employees — will be paid once the shutdown is over.

Federal employees are due to miss paychecks Friday, which has caused consternation in the Washington, DC, region.

Trump made his pledge in a phone call with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) as part of an effort to work out a deal to adjourn the Senate this week.

Kaine, who represents thousands of federal workers in Northern Virginia, threatened to block the adjournment resolution unless GOP leaders provided some assurance that they would be taken care of for time and paychecks missed because of the shutdown.

That's good news.

It's funny that the biggest crisis of this shutdown is the paychecks... apparently the biggest impact on the country due to this shutdown is less traffic at rush hour.

Credit Card Interest still gets accrued, Mortgage interest still gets accrued, car loan interest still gets accrued, so to say they won't lose one cent not only shows your ignorance and lack of compassion but why Trump supporters are out of touch with reality. But then you and other Trump supporters have always HATED federal workers, so this is what you like.

these people have no empathy, that's why they are Trump supporters and republicans

Can you imagine how many people will see their credit ruined due to the shutdown if it continues much longer? You can call your mortgage lender and explain to them what is going on and pay them once you are made whole at the end of the shutdown. The same is true with your auto lender and so on. They won't foreclose on your home or repossess your car until you get way behind, but they will still report your late payment to the credit agencies and you could easily see your score drop by way over a hundred points. That is the kind of stuff that doesn't get talked about or reported. Sure, few workers lose their home or see their cars repossessed because of this, but a lot of them sure see their credit ruined for years because of it.

You have to be at a minimum 30 days late for it to show up on a credit report.

One day will do nothing, but I am sure the left will cry about it some more.

Back
Top Bottom