• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Angry at the unvaccinated? Here's a better way

Did you even read the last paragraph in the article you linked to?

"That being said, the Omicron variant is proving adept at evading prior infections from different variants. Preprint studies from South Africa found the risk of reinfection with Omicron during South Africa’s fourth wave was substantially higher than the risk seen during the country’s second and third waves, which were dominated by Beta and Delta, respectively. Another study from the Imperial College of London found risk of reinfection with the Omicron variant was 5.4 times greater than that of the Delta variant."
Of course I did. That does not refute what I said which someone decided to troll me over.

"I'm hearing/reading that those that are infected by it develop a more robust immunity towards future infections."

That statement stands.

Of course I did. That does not refute what I said which someone decided to troll me over.

"I'm hearing/reading that those that are infected by it develop a more robust immunity towards future infections."

That statement stands.
You werent being trolled. Since when is asking for a legitimate source 'trolling?' And the passive-aggressive 'liking' a post to quietly disengage from it is a cowardly maneuver.

He's discussing the SPREAD of covid. Not if you get sick again, which unfortunately, people can. But in discussing spread of the disease, he's also discussing the overall risks to everyone, because the more people that get infected, the more the virus replicates and has more opportunities to mutate. It's pretty obvious now that we need to minimize the risks of developing new variants. Both Delta and Omicron developed in countries with low vax rates.

And the unvaccinated spread covid at higher rates than vaccinated people. They are contributing to the covid infection rates and increasing overall risks at a much greater pace. We all need to do what we can to continue to minimize the risk of new variants.

"People who are fully vaccinated against covid-19 are far less likely to infect others, despite the arrival of the delta variant, several studies show. The findings refute the idea, which has become common in some circles, that vaccines no longer do much to prevent the spread of the coronavirus."​
“They absolutely do reduce transmission,” says Christopher Byron Brooke at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. “Vaccinated people do transmit the virus in some cases, but the data are super crystal-clear that the risk of transmission for a vaccinated individual is much, much lower than for an unvaccinated individual.”​

Every little bit helps.
1642725285942.png

That statement stands.

No, it does not.

You simply must not understand what I said. The key to my statement are the verbs involved.

You are not hearing anything but want you want to hear and reading what you want to read to express your personal point of view. You pretend to just be passively hearing this stuff when in fact you are actively looking for it. Your "just the messenger" game is transparent. And you ignored the words in the article that undermined your conclusion that even the article did not come to. No, I understand your "verbs" all too well.

As I keep saying, we can, the government can lead people to water, and so can all well meaning souls, but they can't nor should they demand they drink the water.
The authors of the article above explains why force, bullying, name-calling won't work. It's just good judgement and common sense that you dont.

Reason was tried. In response, parents walking their children to school were called child rapists, and teachers were called Nazis. The threat of violence is the norm from the anti-Vaxxer croud.

I'm sick of people with good intent trying to appease people with bad intent. At this point, the whole lot of them can get COVID and **** off.

You are not hearing anything but want you want to hear and reading what you want to read to express your personal point of view.
And of course that doesn't apply to you.
You pretend to just be passively hearing this stuff when in fact you are actively looking for it.
Self projection.
Your "just the messenger" game is transparent. And you ignored the words in the article that undermined your conclusion that even the article did not come to. No, I understand your "verbs" all too well.
I seek out articles and post them that look at the subject from different perspectives. That the article says something in addition to what I read doesn't negate the point I made. You should try it sometime.

Have a good day. I'm done with you.

And of course that doesn't apply to you.

Self projection.

I seek out articles and post them that look at the subject from different perspectives. That the article says something in addition to what I read doesn't negate the point I made. You should try it sometime.

Have a good day. I'm done with you.

I don't pretend to not have a point of view. That's your game. But in this case there isn't enough information on the subject to think any one article has any great weight to carry on the topic. I don't see enough evidence to make any firm conclusion about the chances of being re-infected after contracting Omicron. And no evidence that a new variant of Covid would not re-infect those who had the Omicron variant. Nothing about Covid variants is known with any certainty at this point, except that it keeps coming back.

The article you picked out did not support your point. You should try reading the whole article. it wasn't that long.

Reason was tried. In response, parents walking their children to school were called child rapists, and teachers were called Nazis. The threat of violence is the norm from the anti-Vaxxer croud.

I'm sick of people with good intent trying to appease people with bad intent. At this point, the whole lot of them can get COVID and **** off.

For some reason, I'm going to think better of you. I don't think you really mean this....

For some reason, I'm going to think better of you. I don't think you really mean this....

Yeah, I do, and I don't care what you think of me. Let them get COVID. Most of them advocate for natural immunity -- when they're not lobbing death threats at doctors and teachers, attacking food service people making minimum wage, or just making life miserable for the general public. I'm not going to try to convince people screaming 'child rapist!' to parents walking their kid to school in a mask that they should get the vaccine, wear a mask, or not ingest bleach.

No one should be trying to convince these people of ANYTHING. It's a wasted effort.

Also, fine these people for clogging up the healthcare system. Health insurance shouldn't cover them on any level.

People who get mad at other people for not doing what they want them to do are the most selfish losers that this world has to offer. That is a fact.

People who get mad at other people for not doing what they want them to do are the most selfish losers that this world has to offer. That is a fact.
Like people getting angry at others for driving drunk?

I mean… what kind of freedom do we have if we can’t get shitfaced at a bar and then pick up our kids from ballet practice? Amirite?

Like people getting angry at others for driving drunk?

I mean… what kind of freedom do we have if we can’t get shitfaced at a bar and then pick up our kids from ballet practice? Amirite?

Uh oh, looks like Karen wants to talk to the manager. When other people being unvaccinated affect you, get back to me. Cool? Cool.

Last edited:
Nice strawman. When other people being unvaccinated affect you, get back to me, ok Karen.
Ok. Let me describe how they are affecting me.

1) they are putting me and especially the people close to me who have significant immunosuppresion at much greater risk of catching COVID. That affects you too, but I’m guessing you dont care.

2) they are filling up hospitals, and tremendously taxing the healthcare system. When and if I or someone I care about falls ill, they’ll be getting suboptimal care because of staff exhaustion, ridiculously long wait times in the ED, and right now, would have elective surgeries delayed until the current surge declines. That affects you too, but im guessing you dont care, because it hasn’t affected you yet directly. Your ignorance is not a valid argument tho.

3) my livelihood requires that I get in and meet and educate health professionals, and conduct clinical research trials to expedite medication that many people will find beneficial to their health. Currently, most of my educational activities are canceled or done remotely, which is a poor substitute, because the health care providers are literally swamped with patients and are on the brink of physical and mental exhaustion. Needless to say, research is suffering and patient enrollment is way down because their staff is either tied up treating covid or out quarantining because of COVID. That affects you indirectly, in ways you probably can’t comprehend.

So in a few years, when you’re diagnosed with some disease and you hear about a promising treatment thats not on the market yet, COVID may be the reason why its not.

1) they are putting me and especially the people close to me who have significant immunosuppresion at much greater risk of catching COVID. That affects you too, but I’m guessing you dont care.

2) they are filling up hospitals, and tremendously taxing the healthcare system. When and if I or someone I care about falls ill, they’ll be getting suboptimal care because of staff exhaustion, ridiculously long wait times in the ED, and right now, would have elective surgeries delayed until the current surge declines. That affects you too, but im guessing you dont care, because it hasn’t affected you yet directly. Your ignorance is not a valid argument tho.

3) my livelihood requires that I get in and meet and educate health professionals, and conduct clinical research trials to expedite medication that many people will find beneficial to their health. Currently, most of my educational activities are canceled or done remotely, which is a poor substitute, because the health care providers are literally swamped with patients and are on the brink of physical and mental exhaustion. Needless to say, research is suffering and patient enrollment is way down because their staff is either tied up treating covid or out quarantining because of COVID. That affects you indirectly, in ways you probably can’t comprehend.

So in a few years, when you’re diagnosed with some disease and you hear about a promising treatment thats not on the market yet, COVID may be the reason why its not.

So, not only do you stray completely off topic and talk about drunk driving, you also lie like 46. Noted. Have a splendid weekend!

Oh, and please get out of working in the health care field, because you are certainly not fit for it. I speak for everyone on that. Thank you!

So, not only do you stray completely off topic and talk about drunk driving, you also lie like 46. Noted. Have a splendid weekend!

Oh, and please get out of working in the health care field, because you are certainly not fit for it. I speak for everyone on that. Thank you!
Guess you can’t actually address any of the points.

Classic hit and run posting.

Guess you can’t actually address any of the points.

Classic hit and run posting.

Actually, that poster is right on the point of the thread.
How would the anger of a medical worker help those suffering from Covid?

Workers who are unempathetic have no business helping the sick or injured.

Follow the science, specifically On the Origin of Species.

For-profit hospitals are hammers that see everyone as a potential nail; especially the nails with plenty of insurance coverage.

3) my livelihood requires that I get in and meet and educate health professionals, and conduct clinical research trials to expedite medication that many people will find beneficial to their health.

"my livelihood requires" LOL. I noticed you didn't say, "The passion of my life's work is..." Instead, you cited income.

Currently, most of my educational activities are canceled or done remotely, which is a poor substitute, because the health care providers are literally swamped with patients and are on the brink of physical and mental exhaustion. Needless to say, research is suffering and patient enrollment is way down because their staff is either tied up treating covid or out quarantining because of COVID. That affects you indirectly, in ways you probably can’t comprehend.

"research is suffering" smfh - "research" caused this pandemic, or are you still in denial?

Or you could just give everyone placebos and watch a third of them recover.

Actually, that poster is right on the point of the thread.
How would the anger of a medical worker help those suffering from Covid?

Workers who are unempathetic have no business helping the sick or injured.
What? His reply avoided every point I made except for whining it was wrong.

Follow the science, specifically On the Origin of Species.

For-profit hospitals are hammers that see everyone as a potential nail; especially the nails with plenty of insurance coverage.

"my livelihood requires" LOL. I noticed you didn't say, "The passion of my life's work is..." Instead, you cited income.

"research is suffering" smfh - "research" caused this pandemic, or are you still in denial?

Or you could just give everyone placebos and watch a third of them recover.
This post is too idiotic to reply to.

Definitely an ignore candidate tho. Thanks for the heads up,

Back
Top Bottom