• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Angry at the unvaccinated? Here's a better way

Well said. The anger and the divisiveness, particularly from the President is completely counter productive.
I'm still waiting to see what it looks like to be the President representing all Americans.

Why haven't the states forced a vaccine mandate yet if what you're saying is the way to go?

In my state, it's because our governor is republican.

Because the hospitals are a little full right now.

Not vaccinated.

Here's the thread in which this was discussed:

And here's the external link:

I'm not trying to get omicron, but if we're going to get it anyway, I've often thought why prolong the wait.
Yes, I realize the hospitals are full, and I wouldn't want to add to that misery for them or myself, so I'll be dutiful, and do everything I can do to protect myself to delay the inevitable.

In my state, it's because our governor is republican.

My state has a Democrat governor and we have no vaccine mandate.

What will you say next? ;)

I'm not trying to get omicron, but if we're going to get it anyway, I've often thought why prolong the wait.
Because you might NOT get it anyway.

Why haven't the states forced a vaccine mandate yet if what you're saying is the way to go?

The logic of my argument does not depend on what any state has or has not done.

The question turns on whether or not that vaccination is something we want the government to force people to do.

Are the needs of society more important than the costs imposed on individuals. In this case, the cost is the individual being forced to take a free, effective, and safe vaccine.

Also, it's important to keep in mind I do not think we should do anything like this in the case of Omicron where the vaccines are not effective at preventing infection. My argument applies to previous variants only.

My state has a Democrat governor and we have no vaccine mandate.

What will you say next? ;)

That your governor is just as stupid and callous as mine.

Because you might NOT get it anyway.

Fauci said we will. That's what prompted this exchange in this part of the thread.

Fauci said we will. That's what prompted this exchange in this part of the thread.

Hyperbole. There has never been a disease that infected everyone. Not even bubonic plague or smallpox.

Hyperbole. There has never been a disease that infected everyone. Not even bubonic plague or smallpox.
Don't let Faucet hear you spread that disinformation. He might call you a moron under his breath.
"I think, in many respects, omicron, with its extraordinary, unprecedented degree of efficiency of transmissibility, will, ultimately, find just about everybody," Fauci told the Center for Strategic & International Studies on Tuesday.

okay @trixare4kids you have convinced me. I need to be nice.

Can you give me pointers how to be politically correct about vaccines? How to be soft and kind to people who might melt under my harsh judgement? How to make a safe place from the realities of being seriously infected from Covid and use fluff language instead of mean words? Thanks! ;)

Bullshit. Everyone has gotten a cold. Every has gotten the flu.

Bullshit. Everyone has gotten a cold. Every has gotten the flu.

Which cold or flu? They are all different. Did everyone get H1N1?

Can you give me pointers how to be politically correct about vaccines? How to be soft and kind to people who might melt under my harsh judgement? How to make a safe place from the realities of being seriously infected from Covid and use fluff language instead of mean words? Thanks! ;)

Wow. LOL.

Americanwoman bringing the terror.

Which cold or flu? They are all different. Did everyone get H1N1?
LOL Getting close to figuring it out, huh? Keep at it, you're almost there.

LOL Getting close to figuring it out, huh? Keep at it, you're almost there.

That was a nothing response. Well done.

Are the needs of society more important than the costs imposed on individuals. In this case, the cost is the individual being forced to take a free, effective, and safe vaccine.
How do you feel about governments mandating a microchip instead of a vaccine passport for determining vaccine status? If the government provides it free? They're safe and quite effective. All you need to do when you enter any public space is get your wrist scanned. Another method is tying vaccine status to retinal scans and everywhere you go you have to do a retinal scan. Of course you can tie so much more information to the databases that will be created. Imagine if you are in an accident, they can know your blood type, medicinal intolerances, whether or not you have medical insurance, your entire medical history, your criminal history, etc. You can even tie your credit card to it and pay with a scan. I think its a good idea.

Starting with humility might be a good place to begin.

That was a nothing response. Well done.
Don't expect me to cure your scientific ignorance overnight. But it is encouraging to see you dump on St. Fauci. Kudos for that.

Don't expect me to cure your scientific ignorance overnight. But it is encouraging to see you dump on St. Fauci. Kudos for that.

Still nothing.

How do you feel about governments mandating a microchip instead of a vaccine passport for determining vaccine status? If the government provides it free? They're safe and quite effective. All you need to do when you enter any public space is get your wrist scanned. Another method is tying vaccine status to retinal scans and everywhere you go you have to do a retinal scan. Of course you can tie so much more information to the databases that will be created. Imagine if you are in an accident, they can know your blood type, medicinal intolerances, whether or not you have medical insurance, your entire medical history, your criminal history, etc. You can even tie your credit card to it and pay with a scan. I think its a good idea.
Or you could, you know, just have it on your cell phone.

How do you feel about governments mandating a microchip instead of a vaccine passport for determining vaccine status? If the government provides it free? They're safe and quite effective

What do you mean by "mandate a microchip"? Aren't our phones sufficient for this purpose? Is this microchip something you would carry?

All you need to do when you enter any public space is get your wrist scanned. Another method is tying vaccine status to retinal scans and everywhere you go you have to do a retinal scan. Of course you can tie so much more information to the databases that will be created.

I don't think any of that is necessary. What is necessary is that people get vaccinated in situations where getting vaccinated reduces the risk of injury or death to other members of their community by virtue of the vaccine lowering the overall rate in the transmission of the virus within a population.

Imagine if you are in an accident, they can know your blood type, medicinal intolerances, whether or not you have medical insurance, your entire medical history, your criminal history, etc. You can even tie your credit card to it and pay with a scan. I think its a good idea.

Oh, okay. I see where this is going.

Your next post will be about Black Helicopters, Con Trails, and the End Times.

Just tell your friends to get vaccinated.

Or you could, you know, just have it on your cell phone.
There are too many ways to cheat the system with a cell phone. Borrow a friend's phone who is vaccinated? Store someone else's QR code on your phone. Conveniently leave your cell phone at home. Batteries die. A microchip is much harder to cheat with.

Back
Top Bottom