• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Angola Wants to Be the US Ally, Its "Excess" Soviet Weapons Can Help the Armed Forces of Ukraine

Leaving the troll aside, Russia's claims to be supportive of African nations is proving hollow yet again.

And no, al Jazeera is not an American or European news source.... :rolleyes:

Leaving the troll aside, Russia's claims to be supportive of African nations is proving hollow yet again.

And no, al Jazeera is not an American or European news source.... :rolleyes:

Gee, they sure were when they and the Cubans helped the Angolans stop repeated invasions from apartheid South Africa.

Gee, they sure were when they and the Cubans helped the Angolans stop repeated invasions from apartheid South Africa.

What I'm very certain of is that you've never met any of the many Africans who studied in Russia during these periods and who can tell you what Russians were really like towards black Africans.
Anyhow, for historical accuracy - it was mainly Cuban boots on the ground, not Russian.

What I'm very certain of is that you've never met any of the many Africans who studied in Russia during these periods and who can tell you what Russians were really like towards black Africans.
Anyhow, for historical accuracy - it was mainly Cuban boots on the ground, not Russian.

The existence of racism in the USSR changes nothing about the aforementioned support for countries like Angola.

Especially since it was the Russians propping Castro up and enabling him to deploy large numbers of troops in the first place.

+1

Anyone wondering why Angola would like to replace Moscow with US as its defense supplier? Yet another unintended consequence (for Pootin) of his Ukraine aggression is evidence of superiority of Western weapons for all the world to see.

Angola Wants to Be the US Ally, Its "Excess" Soviet Weapons Can Help the Armed Forces of Ukraine | Defense Express https://en.defence-ua.com/industries/ang
So how would excess Russian soviet era weapons help the fight in Ukraine when they are already getting superior western weapons? Please make it make sense!

getting superior western weapons?
Ukraine still use mostly ussr´s weapons and ammunition
for instance , all tanks ate still soviet models , the western weapons come in small numbers , Ukraine needs much more

So how would excess Russian soviet era weapons help the fight in Ukraine when they are already getting superior western weapons? Please make it make sense!

As @Litwin says, Ukraine's military is very used to Soviet era weapons and equipment. There's a minimum of training required compared to getting them up to speed with Western supplied weapons. What is more important - which i the point I was making to the troll on page 1 - is that how those weapons are used is more important; hence Ukrainians have also been getting military training in the UK and USA. Training and tactical advice that they can apply to the weapons they have at hand.
American tanks might be the most advanced and powerful but they depend heavily on infantry support and not being left out in the open as individual targets which is what the Russians have done and how the destroyed Saudi Abrams in the Yemen have been used.

As @Litwin says, Ukraine's military is very used to Soviet era weapons and equipment. There's a minimum of training required compared to getting them up to speed with Western supplied weapons. What is more important - which i the point I was making to the troll on page 1 - is that how those weapons are used is more important; hence Ukrainians have also been getting military training in the UK and USA. Training and tactical advice that they can apply to the weapons they have at hand.
American tanks might be the most advanced and powerful but they depend heavily on infantry support and not being left out in the open as individual targets which is what the Russians have done and how the destroyed Saudi Abrams in the Yemen have been used.
oh yeah infantry support for armored vehicles is incredibly important.

Back
Top Bottom