• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Angelina Jolie Sends Invite to Russia Spy

Helvidius

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Yes, the title is correct. According to Time Magazine, Angelina Jolie sent a Russian spy a personal invite to see the premiere of Salt in Moscow. Does anyone have anymore information on the subject or is this just another reason for me to dislike Angeline Jolie? Also, does anyone think the Russian female spy is attractive? I don't understand what people seem to see in her as far as aesthetic beauty...

Here is the link:

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2006503,00.html

Last edited:
Is that a good idea? To invite the spy to the premiere?

Are you kidding I think it's hilarious. How often do you get to invite a Russian Spy to the latest Russian Spy Action-flick. Double points because she stars in it. I don't see what the problem is though, Russian Spies are people too, I'm sure they enjoy action flicks.

Also, does anyone think the Russian female spy is attractive? I don't understand what people seem to see in her as far as aesthetic beauty

Personally when I first saw a picture of her I thought I was looking at a picture of Jewel Staite
JewelStaite.jpg

chapman_0723.jpg

See the resemblance. And I personally think Jewel Staite is gorgeous. So if I confuse one for the other, then yes I find her aesthetically appealing.

Yes, the title is correct. According to Time Magazine, Angelina Jolie sent a Russian spy a personal invite to see the premiere of Salt in Moscow. Does anyone have anymore information on the subject or is this just another reason for me to dislike Angeline Jolie? Also, does anyone think the Russian female spy is attractive? I don't understand what people seem to see in her as far as aesthetic beauty...

Here is the link:

Russian Spies Return Home to Putin's Fanfare, New Jobs - TIME

Considering that no espionage charges were considered or brought, I believe the proper term is Russian agent.

I don't look to my favorite actors/actresses as a role-model, example or anything *other* than a character in a flick - they are nothing but entertainment.

Yep - they're cheap floozies purely for my pleasure!! I don't care if they eat **** and pee purple - if I like them in different movies then I will own their movies and be a fan. I don't watch their movies to *get to know them personally* - I watch their movies to be entertained by their acting abilities - and creativity usually goes hand in hand with insanity so I don't expect 'reasonableness' from Hollywoodians.

I love Jolie and I could care less what she does in her personal life. She was sexy as hell in Mr and Mrs Smith, was awesome in Tomb Raider, rocked in Beowulf (yep - nothing more exotic than an animated Jolie)

:popcorn2::nahnah:

Eh, unlike majority of the 20 somethings who are hot in Hollywood, Jolie has something that pretty much they dont and thats talent. I mean come on who here actually thinks Megan Fox can actually act?

Is that a good idea? To invite the spy to the premiere?

Why ever not? another bum seated in the audience helps broadcast publicity.

Last edited:

Here is the link:

Russian Spies Return Home to Putin's Fanfare, New Jobs - TIME

Even a real Russian spy couldn't save her movie at the box office. LOL.

I do not look at it as an actress inviting a Russian agent to a premiere. I view it as an American personally inviting a woman accused of espionage against the United States to a movie premiere. Seems like Jolie is another "useful idiot" to me.

I do not look at it as an actress inviting a Russian agent to a premiere. I view it as an American personally inviting a woman accused of espionage against the United States to a movie premiere. Seems like Jolie is another "useful idiot" to me.

That's why they're watching it in MOSCOW, not in the US :p Of course she's an idiot, she's an actress. How is she a "useful" idiot though? She's just being nice to the lady.

That's why they're watching it in MOSCOW, not in the US :p Of course she's an idiot, she's an actress. How is she a "useful" idiot though? She's just being nice to the lady.

"Useful idiot" was a term coined supposedly by either Stalin or Lenin about Soviet sympathizers in the United States. While the sympathizer may have considered themselves an ally of the Soviety Union, the Soviets did not like them and simply used them to their advantage. Thus the term "useful idiot". Its taken on a broader meaning over the years.

Jolie is a one note and this movie looks bad, but I do love giving a spy an invitation.

I don't see the danger. Everyone knows who the spy is. What would be the point of sending her on a secret mission now?

Jolie is a one note and this movie looks bad, but I do love giving a spy an invitation.

I don't see the danger. Everyone knows who the spy is. What would be the point of sending her on a secret mission now?

I agree there is no danger in sending an invitation to this Russian agent. It was more about patriotism. If I knew someone committed espionage against my country I would not invite them to the premiere of my movie.

I agree there is no danger in sending an invitation to this Russian agent. It was more about patriotism. If I knew someone committed espionage against my country I would not invite them to the premiere of my movie.

Maybe... but the controversy is definitely creating publicity for her!

Back
Top Bottom