• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Angel' priest visits Missouri accident scene

Helix

Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Emergency workers and community members in eastern Missouri are not sure what to make of a mystery priest who showed up at a critical accident scene Sunday morning and whose prayer seemed to change life-threatening events for the positive.

Even odder, the black-garbed priest does not appear in any of the nearly 70 photos of the scene of the accident in which a 19-year-old girl almost died. No one knows the priest and he vanished without a word, said Raymond Reed, fire chief of New London, Mo.

'Angel' priest visits Missouri accident scene

i'm normally a skeptic, but it's a neat story, and it's in the news section of USA Today.

i'm normally a skeptic, but it's a neat story, and it's in the news section of USA Today.

That is odd to say the least of it. Sweet though.

CNN had quite a lengthy story on this, including interviews with some of the rescue people who were there, saw the priest anoint the girl with oil, heard the priest pray with her, then the priest told a fireman not to worry about their ruined rescue tools, that they would save the girl anyway. A minute later, the firechief arrived with new extraction equipment to replace those that had been dulled and broken by the attempt.

One of those, "some things cannot be explained" moments for sure. An uplifting story though, because they did indeed save that girl. :)

A composite sketch was released of the priest, and he seemed to many to bear a resemblance to a local priest. But he was saying Mass at the time of the accident. Another oddity is that the fire chief says that although there are 69 photos (I've also read 80), the priest isn't in any.

Something very similar happened a few years ago.

This girl that my niece was best friends with was involved in a very bad car accident. Very bad. She was trapped in the car, and as they were trying to get her out, the car caught on fire. It was horrible - you could hear her screaming. Her mother drove by going to work, saw the car and pulled over. She ran up and they stopped her, but she heard her daughter screaming, in this fire. I didn't even know this family, but cried when I heard about it, because I felt the mother's pain. I ached with her. So sad.

After a while, they got the fire out, but the girl was badly burned, and badly hurt in the wreck. She stopped screaming after a while, seemed peaceful as she spoke to the EMTs who were working to get her out of the car. She passed away before they got her free, but when she passed, she had a peaceful look on her face.

The local NBC affiliate was there, videotaping the entire incident. They showed it on the news that night, and there was a guy there, walking around the scene that nobody had seen at the wreck. My mom got a call from a friend, and apparently, their church network was set ablaze by this newsclip. The man walking around the scene, the man walking around in a black coat and pants, was the little girl's preacher. He'd died a few months before.

I wouldn't have believed it had I not seen it myself.

The story has gone global now. All over the world people want so much to have hope. For myself, I don't care whether the man was a priest or an angel; whoever he was, he has now touched many lives, not the least of whom are the rescue personnel who saw and talked to him.

I really appreciate what the diocese has said:

Deacon Dean Joyce, of the Diocese of Jefferson City, said: “Out of respect for the privacy of any priest who may have been involved and does not wish to come forward, the Diocese does not plan to further investigate this incident.”

“Angel” priest credited with saving teenage girl’s life at crash wreck site | Irish News | IrishCentral

Back
Top Bottom