• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Android Help I've even deleted the gmail address and set up another. Nothing.

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I've got a G4 phone. I can't get it to synchronize Contacts in Google . . . Neither automatically nor by direct command. According to TMobile, my settings "seem" to be correct. I've done troubleshooting on the internet etc with no luck. Anyone have any ideas for me? TMobile doesn't support it. They seem to think it's a problem with the Google server. I've even deleted the gmail address and set up another.

any ideas?

I've got a G4 phone. I can't get it to synchronize Contacts in Google . . . Neither automatically nor by direct command. According to TMobile, my settings "seem" to be correct. I've done troubleshooting on the internet etc with no luck. Anyone have any ideas for me? TMobile doesn't support it. They seem to think it's a problem with the Google server. I've even deleted the gmail address and set up another.

any ideas?
Does it do normal web lookup, I.E. can it go to normal web sites?
If so, you likely have a permissions problem, where your stored password and your actual
password are different.

Does it do normal web lookup, I.E. can it go to normal web sites?
If so, you likely have a permissions problem, where your stored password and your actual
password are different.

Do you mean the stored pe for the gmail email account? At any rate, it does go to a normal website. Just checked.

Do you mean the stored pe for the gmail email account? At any rate, it does go to a normal website. Just checked.
Yes, your phone stores a copy of the password to gain access for keeping email up to date.
I think the stored PW and the current email PW may not be in sync.

Yes, your phone stores a copy of the password to gain access for keeping email up to date.

Ahhh, okay. I'll check.

Ahhh, okay. I'll check.

Are you synchronizing contacts from a google account you set up previously or are you trying to sync (import) contacts from another application?

EDIT: I just checked mine and Google shows Sync is currently experiencing problems and will be back shortly. this does sound like an issue with Google as I used Skype and WhatsApp on my phone also and those will sync contacts just fine.

Last edited:

I've had that very problem. Still do occasionally when it reverts to the old password for some reason. It's annoying enough that I'm thinking of dropping Gmail entirely. It's just not worth the trouble.

Back
Top Bottom