• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Andrew Napolitano No Longer on Team Trump?

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Napolitano has recently said, Trump Jr will be indicted and that the Mueller probe is not a witch hunt. So is Napolitano changing his tune? Does he know things we don't? Is Fox News turning more anti-Trump??? Dark Days ahead for the Trump cult that's for sure...

Fox News legal analyst Andrew Napolitano argued in an op-ed published Thursday that special counsel Robert Mueller is not on a "fishing expedition" or close to concluding his investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, despite protestations from President Trump.

Fox News legal analyst refutes Giuliani: Mueller isn't on a 'fishing expedition'

Napolitano: Trump Jr. thinks he will be indicted by Mueller

Napolitano has recently said, Trump Jr will be indicted and that the Mueller probe is not a witch hunt. So is Napolitano changing his tune? Does he know things we don't? Is Fox News turning more anti-Trump??? Dark Days ahead for the Trump cult that's for sure...

Fox News legal analyst refutes Giuliani: Mueller isn't on a 'fishing expedition'

I give him credit, he has been fair and balanced since I can remember on Trump/Russia/Mueller.

I give him credit, he has been fair and balanced since I can remember on Trump/Russia/Mueller.

I haven't been following him much lately, he's too libertarian for my taste, was he always neutral/anti-trump or is this a recent development?

I haven't been following him much lately, he's too libertarian for my taste, was he always neutral/anti-trump or is this a recent development?

I haven't followed him much either, but I thought Trumpsters loved to post what he said.

So my impression is that this is a recent development.

But there are a couple of others they like to post -- Dershowitz and Turley so maybe Napolitano fell out of line earlier and I just didn't notice since the others were still running interference.

Trump detractor on FoxNews, Napolitano's days are numbered then.

Fox News legal analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano made news on Wednesday when he told Mediaite founder and ABC News chief legal analyst Dan Abrams that Donald Trump Jr. has told friends that he expects to be indicted in special counsel Robert Mueller‘s investigation.

But on Thursday morning, Napolitano walked back that claim during an interview with Fox & Friends.

Co-host Brian Kilmeade asked Napolitano about the comments, and the judge said “I basically was repeating what had already been out there. I since have heard from them, and he says he never said it, and it was an inaccurate statement. I take him at his word.”

https://www.mediaite.com/uncategori...ct-to-be-indicted-and-i-take-him-at-his-word/

That's what happens when you repeat what someone else says to you...instead of what the person you were talking about actually has to say. Let this be a lesson to Napolitano.

I am always interested in his legal opinions.

Napolitano isn't "team" anyone. If you listened to him during the Hillary email investigation-before Comey essentially pardoned her-you would have felt assured she'd be headed straight for an orange jumper. He was absolutely positive that Comey/Lynch had her dead to rights.
Never. Happened.

So, I wouldn't put my all my eggs in the Judge's basket, fwiw.

I haven't followed him much either, but I thought Trumpsters loved to post what he said.

So my impression is that this is a recent development.

But there are a couple of others they like to post -- Dershowitz and Turley so maybe Napolitano fell out of line earlier and I just didn't notice since the others were still running interference.

Seems they have give the Judge the cold shoulder based on the replies to this thread.

Fox is one of the CTV news orgs I monitor. Napolitano has always been a Conservative and Republican supporter. He has always definitely had some bias, but was generally moderate and reasonably factual by Fox standards.

He seemed to support Trump as Trump came into power, but never seemed a hard-core kool-aid drinker. Lately though, I do admit he does seem to be going more against Trump (the last month or so). It seems he is more prone now to do objective analysis, rather than giving it the usual Fox spin.

So while he was never exceedingly & egregiously pro-Trump in the past, he was moderately biased in the way he presented his opinion. Now, he seems to have moderated more towards close to neutral analysis.

That's what I think I've seen.

I dont know that he has ever changed his positions. This thread has no evidence of that so far.

Napolitano's opinion that the investigation is most certainly not nearing its end is consistent with the opinions of all the legal professionals I follow.

At least one other legal professional I follow is not laughing at the notion that Jr. will be indicted. That said, none of these people know Mueller's schedule, and people have been opining on who's going to be indicted next...usually incorrectly...for nearly a year now.

Yes - I would agree that is the more likely scenario.

On the other hand, if folks Napolitano are turning against Trump - and there are other voices there like Shep Smith - perhaps a really convincing Mueller report which nails him to the wall will cause FOX to break with Trump? I would say the odds are against it - after all - the Trump base is the FOX viewership - but I guess anything is possible especially if FOX makes decision that they want to preserve the GOP and Trump is poison for it.

It's part of Fox's media strategy. They spend ninety percent of their time cheerleading Trump talking points, but once in a while truck out the opposing view. It would just be garden-variety normal media bias if the talking points weren't mostly lies.

I don't think so ... he has been "re-poled" (grin) in spring of last year and is now a full-fledged anti-Trumper and in line with the "balanced" BS on Fox.

All through the election period and up to early March of 2017, Napolitano was a Trump supporter. He then made a statement about the dossier, saying that all roads lead to MI6 (or was it MI5, not sure anymore) and for good measure he threw in Obama's name.

Off-air he went for almost 2 weeks right after that statement and emerged as a newly defined doom-and-gloom-for-Trump Fox contributor.

(spit)

That's what happens when you repeat what someone else says to you...instead of what the person you were talking about actually has to say. Let this be a lesson to Napolitano.

I like Andrew McCarthy (NR), Mark Levin (Con R.), Orin Kerr (Volokh Conspiracy) and about a dozen other conservative legal commentators. I have NEVER liked Napolitano - a total flake. He breathessly announced that Trump would sign as many as 200 executive orders on his first day - what is the guy snorting?

Now Tucker Carlson rips Trump.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...asn’t-kept-his-promises/ar-BBQB8Vd?li=BBnb7Kx

Fox News Channel host Tucker Carlson set straight any misinformation concerning his views on President Trump: “I don’t think he’s capable,” he said during an interview on Tuesday.

Urs Gehriger, an editor at “Die Weltwoche,” Switzerland’s leading German-language opinion weekly, noted that Carlson’s new book, “Ship of Fools,” is silent on Trump but comments on his critics. And so, Gehriger jump-started the conversation by asking what Carlson thought of Trump’s first two years in office.

Carlson said he cannot stand Trump’s self-aggrandizement and boasting. Then, when asked whether Trump has kept his promises, the usually quick-witted and long-winded Carlson had just one word: “No.”

The rats are deserting the sinking ship.

Napolitano isn't "team" anyone. If you listened to him during the Hillary email investigation-before Comey essentially pardoned her-you would have felt assured she'd be headed straight for an orange jumper. He was absolutely positive that Comey/Lynch had her dead to rights.
Never. Happened.

So, I wouldn't put my all my eggs in the Judge's basket, fwiw.
I like the judge but he is wrong a lot.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I like the judge but he is wrong a lot.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I don't follow Napolitano, but two things just about everyone gets wrong is how close the investigation is to wrapping up and who's going to plead guilty or get indicted next.

Now Tucker Carlson rips Trump.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...asn’t-kept-his-promises/ar-BBQB8Vd?li=BBnb7Kx

The rats are deserting the sinking ship.
That would not be my assessment.

Tucker is purely, simply giving a realistic, honest assessment, a current snapshot in his estimation. Few to none of us, contrary to already mythologized leftist beliefs, know Donald Trump to be anything other than a flawed human like all the rest of us Americans.

Let he who be-eth without sin, we will let be-eth kicked by Eric Holder... the rest us will merely hold ya down.

That would not be my assessment.

Tucker is purely, simply giving a realistic, honest assessment, a current snapshot in his estimation. Few to none of us, contrary to already mythologized leftist beliefs, know Donald Trump to be anything other than a flawed human like all the rest of us Americans.

Let he who be-eth without sin, we will let be-eth kicked by Eric Holder... the rest us will merely hold ya down.

Nice try - but not capable is dating as an assessment of a President of the USA.

Back
Top Bottom