• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Andrew Giuliani to run for New York governor

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

5/18/21
Andrew Giuliani, the son of former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, plans to announce Tuesday he will seek the Republican nomination for governor of New York. Giuliani, 35, served four years in the Trump administration. Though he has never held public office, he told the New York Post he has politics in his blood. “I’m a politician out of the womb. It’s in my DNA,” he told the paper. Giuliani said he plans to run as a disruptive outsider, in the vein of both his father and the president he served. He cast his bid to unseat three-term Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) in grand terms, as a clash between two political dynasties. But before he gets to a general election, Giuliani will face an increasingly crowded Republican primary. Rep. Lee Zeldin (R) has already launched a campaign and locked up support from many county party officials. Former Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino (R) is also running, eight years after he lost to Cuomo. Several other top Republicans are also said to be considering the race, including Dutchess County Executive Marc Molinaro (R), who lost to Cuomo in 2018. Democrats have held New York’s governorship since 2007, when George Pataki (R) left office. President Biden won the state with 61 percent of the vote.

If Rudy was my old man, I would have changed my name and moved.

If Rudy was my old man, I would have changed my name and moved.
Old news.

Just two days ago he announced he was thinking of living in another country as this one he finds too lacking.

The kid is a major imbecile. A privileged kid along the lines of Rand or that congressman from Florida that traffics child sex.

Andrew Giuliani for New York governor... sure, sounds reasonable. :rolleyes:

I'm sure that New York is simply dying for another Giuiliani.

Is this a joke? I hope so because I can't stop laughing. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom