• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Andrew Cuomo asks New York to greenlight recreational pot

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/17/politics/andrew-cuomo-marijuana-legalization/index.html

Washington (CNN)New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Monday announced his support for legalizing marijuana in his state, the latest evidence of the progressive left's growing influence on moderate Democrats about the issue.

The announcement from Cuomo, made during a speech in which he outlined his agenda for his first 100 days of his third term leading the Empire State, comes months after a bruising primary challenge on his left from activist and actress Cynthia Nixon, who supported a number of progressive priorities, including marijuana legalization.
===============================================
Reaping the monetary rewards from taxing MJ makes a lot more sense than spending the same amount of money locking people up for simple possession.

Reaping the monetary rewards from taxing MJ makes a lot more sense than spending the same amount of money locking people up for simple possession.

Despite the tremendous amount of resources wasted prosecuting cannabis (legislation, police, public attorneys, courts, jails, probation, etc), tax income appears to dwarf anything we spent.

Despite the tremendous amount of resources wasted prosecuting cannabis (legislation, police, public attorneys, courts, jails, probation, etc), tax income appears to dwarf anything we spent.

It has been a windfall blessing for states like CO. The only financial problem I see is also a safety issue: a huge cash-only business system because the Federally-regulated banks want nothing to do with pot money because it is still a proscribed drug. I wonder if they have office machines for bailing bank notes?

It was only a matter of time. They already basically 'legalized' it in NYC.. They stopped arresting people, I guess they were just writing out a ticket if you were caught smoking in public.

Thanks to Trump the Dems now have a majority in the NY state government. 1st time in decades, so this should easily pass.

it should be legalized nationwide. some backwards states might hold out for another decade at least otherwise.

Hint: buy stock in companies either importing or manufacturing bongs & water pipes (hookahs). It should become a growth industry.

It has been a windfall blessing for states like CO. The only financial problem I see is also a safety issue: a huge cash-only business system because the Federally-regulated banks want nothing to do with pot money because it is still a proscribed drug. I wonder if they have office machines for bailing bank notes?

And that's because the banking system refuses to let legal merchants have access to their credit card system, for the most part. The banking system is as corrupt as the justice system.

Hint: buy stock in companies either importing or manufacturing bongs & water pipes (hookahs). It should become a growth industry.

Incorrect.

cartridge.jpgwaxcoil.jpgshatter.jpg

No smoke. No cancer, etc.

No matter the ratio, states increasingly want a taste.

Silly me, arguing about the logic of it, all this time. The winning argument all along was "but you can TAX it !"

No matter the ratio, states increasingly want a taste.

Silly me, arguing about the logic of it, all this time. The winning argument all along was "but you can TAX it !"

Greed trumps Puritanism every time (pun intended)

Vape hash oil? Probably a lot less wear on your lungs etc.

Water vapor. No smoke. No cancer, emphysema, any of that crap. It's like an inhaler.

Not hash oil. 85% THC (of which is 15% terp) and 15% other cannabis oils. No additives. Strain listed on packaging under plastic seal.

tommy chong says 'not a good idea'

Back
Top Bottom