• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Andrew Card has resigned.

He shocked Rush Limbaugh too w/ his comments about waiting until Sept to sell the invasion of Iraq. Rush said that to do such a things was pretty much unthinkable. that is until he found out that Card actually did say what the caller said Card said. Then Rush said that Card's comments were wholly reasonable. LOL! Priceless radio from the golden EIB microphone.

aps said:
Why are you shocked? Were you shocked at all the Chief of Staff resignations before him? He has the second longest tenure of any Chief of Staff in history. This is very normal for a second term president.

The average tenure for a CoS is two and a half years. This guy has surpassed that times two......

I wonder how much retirement pay those guys get?

This is another piece of good news. Bush's retreat from Neocon to pragmatist is now in full swing.

Buh bye Neocons. Welcome back to reality, Mr. President. You have my total support on this move. Good job.

KCConservative said:
Why are you shocked? Were you shocked at all the Chief of Staff resignations before him? He has the second longest tenure of any Chief of Staff in history. This is very normal for a second term president.

Hee hee hee I actually didn't know that fact about lengths of tenure with Chiefs of Staff. It was just last week that Bush was saying he was happy with those who surround him.

aps said:
Hee hee hee I actually didn't know that fact about lengths of tenure with Chiefs of Staff. It was just last week that Bush was saying he was happy with those who surround him.
As he should be. They have been very loyal to him over the years, no more than Andrew Card. Good man.

KCConservative said:
As he should be. They have been very loyal to him over the years, no more than Andrew Card. Good man.

I agree with their being loyal. I was explaining why I was shocked (you had asked why I was shocked). To me, that commentary meant he wasn't going to be doing any shuffling. It may have been Card who wanted the shuffle to occur. Anyway, I also didn't know the information about the tenure of Chiefs of Staff. So based on all these facts, I guess I shouldn't be shocked.

danarhea said:
This is another piece of good news. Bush's retreat from Neocon to pragmatist is now in full swing.

Buh bye Neocons. Welcome back to reality, Mr. President. You have my total support on this move. Good job.

Rearranging the deck chairs on the USS Neocon :sinking:

I liked Andy Card and wish him well. He seemed like a pretty sharp guy. Card has been looking really tired since last summer.

Card backed the Clinton Health Care plan way back when, and I heard that Card wanted Bush to dump Rove. Card was a former lobbyist, so probably he'll go back to that, or maybe run for Gov.of MA again.

I do wish Bush would have opted for someone outside his circle to bring in some fresh ideas. Former Budget Director Joshua Bolten has helped to give us an extra 1.8 trillion in national debt in 34 months.

Can you say Peter Principle? The medal of freedom for Bolten can't be too far off. :roll:

mn_bush_medal_of_freedom_t.gif

He has been a great asset and advisor to the President and will be missed.........

KCConservative said:

If you think Andy Card was the problem in the WH, there aren't enough airholes in your bubble.

OK, so the WH let's Card go and holds on to:

The torture guy: Gonzales
The no armor guy: Rummy
The Katrina guy: Chertoff
The guy who exposes CIA agents: Rove
and the guy who shoots old men in the face: Cheney

hipsterdufus said:
If you think Andy Card was the problem in the WH, there aren't enough airholes in your bubble.

Did someone say that Card was a problem in the White House?

Back
Top Bottom