• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

anderson Cooper interveiw with jury B-37: transcript

here is a interesting quote from the transcript

COOPER: What did you think of George Zimmerman?

JUROR: I think George Zimmerman is a man whose heart was in the right place, but just got displaced by the vandalism in the neighborhoods, and wanting to catch these people so badly, that he went above and beyond what he really should have done. But I think his heart was in the right place. It just went terribly wrong.

COOPER: Do you think he's guilty of something?

JUROR: I think he's guilty of not using good judgment. When he was in the car and he called 911, he shouldn't have gotten out of that car. But the 911 operator also, when he was talking to him, kind of egged him on. I don't know if it's their policy to tell them what to do, not to get out of the car, to stay in their car. But I think he should have said, stay in your car, not can you see where he's gone.

I was applauding that juror. She was saying exactly what I was thinking the entire trial.

here is a interesting quote from the transcript

I agree with that. Both George and trayvon made bad decisions. George's bad decision got him beat and his life (at least for the forseeable future) ruined. Trayvon's bad decision got him killed.

and another from the same transcript

COOPER: Because of the two options you had, second degree murder or manslaughter, you felt neither applied?

JUROR: Right. Because of the heat of the moment and the Stand Your Ground. He had a right to defend himself. If he felt threatened that his life was going to be taken away from him or he was going to have bodily harm, he had a right.

and another from the same transcript

I'm assuming you're trying to say that she didn't follow the law because she said "Stand Your Ground". But maybe you fail to realize that the words "stand his ground" were IN the jury directions.

I'm assuming you're trying to say that she didn't follow the law because she said "Stand Your Ground". But maybe you fail to realize that the words "stand his ground" were IN the jury directions.

But Zimmerman attorneys did not use the "stand your ground" law as part of their clients defense.

Very interesting. What I found most revealing were Cooper's questions. He seemed to really need to steer her towards CNN's take on things. At times when she answers his question in a way that makes everything CNN reported a lie, he goes back at her with the same question and doubt in his voice.

CNN is at the forefront of the liars in this case and now they're stuck with what they've "reported".

But Zimmerman attorneys did not use the "stand your ground" law as part of their clients defense.

That provision is contained in Florida's self defense statute 776.013(3) under the use of deadly force:

A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.​

The judge included that in the jury instructions along with quotes from statutes 776.012 and 776.012(1). The juror was talking about the separate provisions within the self defense statute that the judge put in her instructions, not the separate "Stand your ground" hearing that is allowed in Florida.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0776/0776.html

Back
Top Bottom