• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Andersen Cooper has a juror on right now...

spanky

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
This stuff is choice...

I think I jumped the gun, it appears to be prerecorded, maybe for the east coast.

But I have to say again, it was choice, and won't do anything to damper this controversy down.

He completed the interview just before gong on air.

One of the things I heard was 3 jurors thought not guilty (SD) 2 jurors thought manslaughter and 1 juror thought M2, at the beginning of deliberations.

All of the jurors thought it was likely George screaming for help. One of the jurors thought it was George screaming for help but left open the possibility it was Trayvon.

I'm DVR'ing the rest, so that's all I have for now.

Basically so far, she didn't understand most of the GF's testimony because of of the way she spoke and the phrases she uses.

She believes that George got in over his head but that the roles reversed.

She doesn't think it matters if martin was going for the gun or not as at that point Martin was the aggressor and Zimmerman had a right to defend himself. The location of the keys and flashlight from where the fight ended lead her to believe that Martin was the aggressor and threw the first punch

She thinks Zimmerman fabricated some things to make his story better but on balance she believed his basic story under the embellishments.

She doesn't think race had anything to do with it and does not believe the other jurors did either.

I'm still at work so I can't watch but I believe that Piers Morgan is going to interview Rachel Janteal tonight too.

Basically so far, she didn't understand most of the GF's testimony because of of the way she spoke and the phrases she uses.

She doesn't think it matters if martin was going for the gun or not as at that point Martin was the aggressor and Zimmerman had a right to defend himself. The location of the keys and flashlight from where the fight ended lead her to believe that Martin was the aggressor and threw the first punch

She thinks Zimmerman fabricated some things to make his story better but on balance she believed his basic story under the embellishments.

She doesn't think race had anything to do with it and does not believe the other jurors did either.

Martin's side just didn't have a case, period.

I'm still at work so I can't watch but I believe that Piers Morgan is going to interview Rachel Janteal tonight too.

Well, that will be a meeting of two intellectuals...

She sounds like an intelligent woman.

That interview was sickening. I don't know how she made it onto the jury. She thought that the Vietnam vet who testified that he could distinguish tones of voice was the medical examiner - he was George's friend. She admitted that Zimmerman went too far. She responded to a question about Rachel Jeantel with the phrases "these people" and "their way of life". Gross. She said 2 of the jurors initially wanted to convict of manslaughter and 1 to convict of 2nd degree murder.

Last edited:
That interview was sickening. I don't know how she made it onto the jury. She thought that the Vietnam vet who testified that he could distinguish tones of voice was the medical examiner - he was George's friend. She admitted that Zimmerman went too far. She responded to a question about Rachel Jeantel with the phrases "these people" and "their way of life". Gross. She said 2 of the jurors initially wanted to convict of manslaughter and 1 to convict of 2nd degree murder.

"These People" and "Their way of life" could have been referencing the fact that Jeantel admitted calling a "Caucasian" is common and not racial where she comes from.

But I can agree with one thing that I told myself when I learned more about the jurors.....

How in the everliving **** did a juror with a lawyer in the family make it on the jury.

The impression, I get is ......she's intelligent, thoughtful and sincere

She also said that they considered Stand Your Ground as part of legal aspect of their decision - but Stand Your Ground wasn't a part of the trial so why were they talking about it? That's screwed up.

"These People" and "Their way of life" could have been referencing the fact that Jeantel admitted calling a "Caucasian" is common and not racial where she comes from.

But I can agree with one thing that I told myself when I learned more about the jurors.....

How in the everliving **** did a juror with a lawyer in the family make it on the jury.

I thought the same thing, Caine. Sure wouldn't fly in suburban Chicago.

The impression, I get is ......she's intelligent, thoughtful and sincere
The impression I get is ... she's prejudiced, ignorant and confused. Dude, she literally said that the Vietnam Vet - George Zimmerman's friend - was the medical examiner who testified for the defense. That's confusion. That's not good.

Last edited:
The impression I get is ... she's prejudiced, ignorant and confused.

If blacks are part of the discussion, you think everyone who doesn't agree with you is prejudiced, ignorant and confused.

Oh, come on.

Jury selection doesn't make any sense to me. If anything, I don't understand why the prosecution let this juror on the case.

I thought the same thing, Caine. Sure wouldn't fly in suburban Chicago.

I just realized I screwed up in my post.....

I think everyone got the idea that I was talking about her calling white people crackers not racial and acted like it was normal.

I just realized I screwed up in my post.....

I think everyone got the idea that I was talking about her calling white people crackers not racial and acted like it was normal.

Huh? I thought you were talking about how a woman who had an attorney for a husband got on the jury. That's what I was referring to anyway.

QUOTE=AlabamaPaul;1062061598]Well, that will be a meeting of two intellectuals...[/QUOTE]

Morgan is an idiot - Zimmerman's brother pounded him very well the other night.

Morgan was obviously pissed.

Jury selection doesn't make any sense to me. If anything, I don't understand why the prosecution let this juror on the case.

Me neither.

But they did..... that was their prerogative.

Its possible the other jurors in the pool weren't any better.

I didn't follow the jury selection news very much.... I had to endure enough jury selections in my time as a police officer that I absolutely despise them..... because for some odd reason the DA always wanted me to be there... to sit.... and stand up as ordered when new potential jurors should be determining if they knew me or had any dealings with me (to make sure they weren't biased about ME).

However, I am curious as to whether or not they went through their entire pool of potential jurors or decided on THAT jury before the pool ran out.... that would be a good indication of whether the jurors with lawyers in the family were last resorts or if they actually wanted them there. I can always see why a defense attorney would want a jurist with a lawyer in the family in a case like this but not the prosecution.

Usually it would be the other way around.... Commonly you will see a Defense going for jurors that will vote with emotion and the Prosecution going for jurors that will vote with the facts and law.
However, in this case, with the defense having more of the law on their side, the roles were reversed.

Huh? I thought you were talking about how a woman who had an attorney for a husband got on the jury. That's what I was referring to anyway.

Im thoroughly confused now myself.

She also said that they considered Stand Your Ground as part of legal aspect of their decision - but Stand Your Ground wasn't a part of the trial so why were they talking about it? That's screwed up.

The words "stand your ground" or "stand his ground" were in the jury instructions.

Back
Top Bottom