• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

And you think your countries corrupt....

soylentgreen

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Take a moment then to look at what australia has to do in order to find a politician they can trust.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/nz-pr...-politician-again/I3VSEMCNUJLKK4CPEHVZYCCL44/

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has once again been ranked Australia's most trusted politician.

The latest Ogilvy PR Believability Index surveyed 1000 Australian voters in February and found that 44 per cent of participants trust Ardern more than they trust any Australian politician.

This is not the first time New Zealand's Prime Minister has been voted Australia's most trusted politician. In 2019, research company Millward Brown polled 1400 Australians and found Ardern scored a believability rating of 77 out of 100.

Sorry, not feeling it... Australian majority's attraction to authoritarianism does not seem in reaction to demographic changes
similar to what will inevitably happen in the U.S., a now 30 percent white male electorate unable to maintain its current freakishly
high level of control over politics and business without "go(ing) by different rules".

Disclaimer: UK jargon for cigarets ...

Saint Jacinda's war on fags | The Spectator

https://www.spectator.co.uk › saint-jacinda-s-war-on-fags
Dec 9, 2021 — "It is a curious irony that the West's leading progressive icon is probably the most authoritarian leader in the free world today.."

Last edited:
Take a moment then to look at what australia has to do in order to find a politician they can trust.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/nz-pr...-politician-again/I3VSEMCNUJLKK4CPEHVZYCCL44/

Unfortunately, most of my fellow countrymen have probably never heard of another politician, besides Ardern.....except maybe for Trump or Biden, who she beats only by a small margin.

Ardern has been too afraid to take a stand against the persecution of the supporters of democracy in my former place of residence,Hong Kong.....for fear of a Chinese backlash.

Australia is suffering economic sanctions imposed by its biggest trading partner, China, because the country has had the courage to speak out about the crackdown in HK.

Unfortunately, most of my fellow countrymen have probably never heard of another politician, besides Ardern.....except maybe for Trump or Biden, who she beats only by a small margin.

Ardern has been too afraid to take a stand against the persecution of the supporters of democracy in my former place of residence,Hong Kong.....for fear of a Chinese backlash.

Australia is suffering economic sanctions imposed by its biggest trading partner, China, because the country has had the courage to speak out about the crackdown in HK.
No it because morrison is a prick who care only about himself. His speaking out only got australia sanctioned by china while not doing anything for the chinese except giving morrison a boogy man to blame his stupidity on. and create hate for chinese that live in australia. . His is a concern for his image as a tough man than any concern for the chinese or the australians.

Austarlia is suffering from a corrupt and stupid man being its leader. not sanctions.

But at least your words do reflect just how ****ed up australian politics is. While they feed you a comfortable life the politicians can do as they please and australians are to comfortable and lazy to bother to even learn their names.
Australias success and ease of life comes from the theft of land and minerals . Not from a government that is corrupt.

Last edited:
No it because morrison is a prick who care only about himself. His speaking out only got australia sanctioned by china while not doing anything for the chinese except giving morrison a boogy man to blame his stupidity on. and create hate for chinese that live in australia. . His is a concern for his image as a tough man than any concern for the chinese or the australians.

Austarlia is suffering from a corrupt and stupid man being its leader. not sanctions.

But at least your words do reflect just how ****ed up australian politics is. While they feed you a comfortable life the politicians can do as they please and australians are to comfortable and lazy to bother to even learn their names.
Australias success and ease of life comes from the theft of land and minerals . Not from a government that is corrupt.

Lol! So you are Chinese?

If not, then do you really condone the persecution of those in favour of democracy in Hong Kong as well as Muslims in China.

if you take the trouble to read a newspaper you will discover that almost the whole free world has condemned China for their disgusting crackdown on democracy in Hong Kong as well as their persecution of Muslims.

"Among the 39 countries signing the declaration were most of the EU member states, as well as Canada, Haiti, Honduras, Australia and New Zealand."

So NZ has condemned China too.

Are you feeling a little silly now?

Lol! So you are Chinese?

If not, then do you really condone the persecution of those in favour of democracy in Hong Kong as well as Muslims in China.

if you take the trouble to read a newspaper you will discover that almost the whole free world has condemned China for their disgusting crackdown on democracy in Hong Kong as well as their persecution of Muslims.

"Among the 39 countries signing the declaration were most of the EU member states, as well as Canada, Haiti, Honduras, Australia and New Zealand."

So NZ has condemned China too.

Are you feeling a little silly now?
Of course I do nor. Just a I do not admire the idiot of a prime minister making it hard for his country just because morrison wanted to look like he is a strong leader. Yet came across as arrogant instead. And that is really all he managed to achieve with his words.

Foolish to think morrisson would do anything but talk. The idiot is only interested in his reputation.

As you said many countries have condemned china's actions. Only morrison did it to for his own welfare. As he does everything.

How ridiculous you try to pretend morrison is a good leader by pointing out the one act done to sate his own ego rather than ant concern for the chineses. I suspect you are trying to ignore just how much australians detest the bastard.
Even his own party knows him for what he is.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-60268326
Australia's Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce has said he offered to quit after calling the prime minister "a hypocrite and a liar" in a text.

Of course I do nor. Just a I do not admire the idiot of a prime minister making it hard for his country just because morrison wanted to look like he is a strong leader. Yet came across as arrogant instead. And that is really all he managed to achieve with his words.

Morrison merely reflected the views of most intelligent people on China...ie. that it has a terrible human rights record.

If that offends you then you need to take a good look at yourself.

I am not a massive fan of his, but he was absolutely correct to condemn China.

How ridiculous you try to pretend morrison is a good leader

Why do you lie?

I have never said that. I have said that he is correct to condemn China.

Why not read up before making a fool of yourself?

Morrison merely reflected the views of most intelligent people on China...ie. that it has a terrible human rights record.

If that offends you then you need to take a good look at yourself.

I am not a massive fan of his, but he was absolutely correct to condemn China.
Your confusing morrison with intelligent. Better to use words such as self serving or indifferent to others.

If I am offended it is because australians allows their government to be ruled by the old school tie. But as long as the mineral wealth keeps flowing you can ignore his useless shit.

No one is a fan of his unless they can get a lucrative contract from that government. It is not his view on china that was the problem many countries including new zealand share them. It was his incompetence at delivering that message.

Why do you lie?

I have never said that. I have said that he is correct to condemn China.

Why not read up before making a fool of yourself?
My apology for the assumption then. But in my defense you did not say you were not a fan of his.

funny that you argue with a statement of the ambassador of the country you hate way more than China

funny that you argue with a statement of the ambassador of the country you hate way more than China

Er, what on earth are you babbling about?

Is that post addressed to me or someone else here?

Sorry, not feeling it... Australian majority's attraction to authoritarianism does not seem in reaction to demographic changes
similar to what will inevitably happen in the U.S., a now 30 percent white male electorate unable to maintain its current freakishly
high level of control over politics and business without "go(ing) by different rules".

Dec 9, 2021 — "It is a curious irony that the West's leading progressive icon is probably the most authoritarian leader in the free world today.."

Labour has a five seat majority in Parliament, and there's no upper house. So chances are they will do what she's saying they will do.

While I don't agree with banning any drug (except on basis of age, and date-rape drugs) it's an admirable system that allows the government of the day to act decisively and then have no way of blaming anyone else.

You ever lived there and seen who the smokers are? 80% poor minorities who often send their kids to school hungry because they are hooked on tobacco. The young smokers creating the next generation of addicts, just the same story as yheir addict patents. Stopping young kids smoking to help protect them from intergenerational harm is smart.

You ever lived there and seen who the smokers are? 80% poor minorities who often send their kids to school hungry because they are hooked on tobacco. The young smokers creating the next generation of addicts, just the same story as yheir addict patents. Stopping young kids smoking to help protect them from intergenerational harm is smart.

I don't expect it to work any better than any other kind of drug prohibition. Labour should find some other solution to kids going to school hungry.

Is NZ applying the other measures? Complete advertising and sponsorship ban. Plain packages with repulsive health warnings. High taxes. Free nicotine replacements. Until they've done all these things, it is unreasonable to apply an age-based ban.

Another reason to think it won't work is that banning tobacco sales to under-18's has not stopped kids from smoking. Are they counting on some social pressure to stop 25 y-o's seven years from now, to give up because it's illegal for them personally? Maybe make pubs enforce the law for them?

Back
Top Bottom