• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

And You Are?

To answer your questions...

Pro-Life (with choice being given to those mother's in life and death medical situations and in cases of rape)

The fetus is alive. They are just babies who are not formed to the point of being able to live on their own.

Did I read right???? Someone thinks BC pills are abortion pills???:2rofll: :2rofll:

They decrease OVULATION and build up the uterine lining to avoid the adherence of the ovum!!! hello!!But thanks for the laugh! That's a good one!!!:mrgreen:

Oh yea....pro-women's reproductive rights:2wave:

Last edited:
ngdawg said:
Did I read right???? Someone thinks BC pills are abortion pills???:2rofll: :2rofll:

They decrease OVULATION and build up the uterine lining to avoid the adherence of the ovum!!! hello!!But thanks for the laugh! That's a good one!!!:mrgreen:

Oh yea....pro-women's reproductive rights:2wave:

What is adhering to the uterine wall that is prevented from adhering with BC pills? It ain't an "ovum." You laugh, but you are UNinformed.

Felicity said:
What is adhering to the uterine wall that is prevented from adhering with BC pills? It ain't an "ovum." You laugh, but you are UNinformed.
I was on BC for ten years, kiddo...I laugh when people with self-righteous false ideology make claims as fact what are indeed their own ill-advised opinions. You can't abort something that doesn't exist.
http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/0663.html
Birth control pills fool the body into acting as if it's pregnant. Birth control pills, also called oral contraceptives (OCs), come in two forms: the combined OC, a combination of two synthetic hormones, estrogen and progestin; and, the minipill, which consists solely of progestin. Combined OCs are more commonly used, though both kinds are available through health care providers. The combination pill prevents ovulation by suppressing the natural hormones in the body that would stimulate the ovary to release an egg. By taking this estrogen throughout the month, you insure that no egg will be developed or released for that cycle. Progestin thickens the cervical mucus, hindering the movement of sperm. Progestin also prevents the uterus's lining from developing normally; so, if an egg were fertilized, implantation is unlikely.

Last edited:
Felicity said:

Would this mean then, that God is responsible for the vast majority of Abortions....since He created Woman/Women Menstrate/Menstration expells an egg/ Eggs are people....seems to me God does everything but flush the toilet.

Damn...what an Evil, Vindictive, Old Testament thing to do.

ngdawg said:
Progestin also prevents the uterus's lining from developing normally; so, if an egg were fertilized, implantation is unlikely.

Hey, kiddo:2razz: ...CONCEPTION is when the egg gets fertilized. Life begins at CONCEPTION. Making a hostile environment for egg implantation is abortion. Do people get preggers on hormonal BC? Then obviously the cervical mucus didn't work and the suppression of ovulation didn't work, and even the reduced uterine lining didn't work. I happens. You never know which of the three functions have kept you from carrying a baby.

When I was on BC pills, before I understood that third function of hormonal BC--I was instructed that if I ever missed two pills in a row, to take 4 or 5 pills at once, throw away the pack and begin a new pack after my "period." Now I realize that wouldn't have been a "period"--it would have been a chemical abortion--and no doctor "informed" me that an "abortion" would have/could have taken place if I ever had to do that--they called it a "period." They lied.

Last edited:
tecoyah said:
Would this mean then, that God is responsible for the vast majority of Abortions....since He created Woman/Women Menstrate/Menstration expells an egg/ Eggs are people....seems to me God does everything but flush the toilet.

Damn...what an Evil, Vindictive, Old Testament thing to do.

You wanna talk about God? God has dominion over all. He can do whatever He likes--I trust he knows what He's doing. But I'd wager He's none too fond of you "damning" Him.

Secondly--an unfertilized egg isn't "people." A fertilized egg is--and when it is expelled in the menses it is called a miscarriage. Sometimes the woman never even knew she was briefly pregnant...so be it.

Gotta love these anti-rights people...even when handed factual information, they poo-poo it. Talk about a hostile environment:mrgreen: Never know which function 'kept me from carrying a baby'??? Uh, if I was on BC, obviously I didn't WANT to....sheesh.....
/me shakes her head at the illogical silliness

ngdawg said:
Gotta love these anti-rights people...even when handed factual information, they poo-poo it.
No--the info you provided was absolutely correct! Specifically--"Progestin also prevents the uterus's lining from developing normally; so, if an egg were fertilized, implantation is unlikely."

Talk about a hostile environment:mrgreen: Never know which function 'kept me from carrying a baby'??? Uh, if I was on BC, obviously I didn't WANT to....sheesh.....
Ignorance is bliss?
me shakes her head at the illogical silliness
ditto.:rolleyes:

ngdawg said:
Gotta love these anti-rights people...
What about the "rights" of the tiny human life? Who is "anti-rights?" All a pregnant woman is asked to do is be responsible for the consequences of her actions. The tiny human life is asked to surrender his life to pay the consequence of having the audacity to be conceived at an inconvenient time--(like he had anything to say about it...)

Are you even a mom?? Have any clue how and what happens in the process of fertilization to implantation? How many fertilized eggs never make it to the zygote stage? Abortion is the removal, either natural or by medical means, of an implanted embryo. You can NOT abort what hasn't happened!
I'm done....ignorance isn't on this end and I am not interested in matching wits with an unarmed opponent.

Felicity said:
Ignorance is bliss?

Then you my dear....must be in a perpetual state of nirvana

If you actually think your "God" is petty enough to dislike me due to my use of sarcasm....you can have "Him". And to be completely honest, YOU are the reason I dont spend much time in church anymore...not "HIM". More and more, people are deciding to walk away from the close minded Dogma projected by the faithful, simply because of the extremely negative way they project themselves and the "Love of God".
You do not know my spiritual beliefs...and likely never will, if only because I dont feel the need to push it on you. Likely you would simply tell me I am going to burn in some inferno of your imagination anyway. Works for Me, because if the heaven you see is filled with the ignorant minds of people like yourself....I would prefer to spend eternity elsewhere.

* my apology to insert entity here for insulting one of your sheep...please do not strike your humble servant down*

ngdawg said:
Are you even a mom?? Have any clue how and what happens in the process of fertilization to implantation? How many fertilized eggs never make it to the zygote stage? Abortion is the removal, either natural or by medical means, of an implanted embryo. You can NOT abort what hasn't happened!
http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=2091

Abortion: In medicine, an abortion is the premature exit of the products of conception (the fetus, fetal membranes, and placenta) from the uterus. It is the loss of a pregnancy and does not refer to why that pregnancy was lost.

{there are products of conception before implatation.}

DEFINITIONS OF PREGNANCY AND ABORTION RELATED TERMS

http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_defn.htm

Terms must be used with great care. Because various groups define words differently, misunderstandings are common. Some often used and confused terms related to abortion are:
Abortifacient: medication which terminates pregnancy and induces an abortion. Since the pro-life movement defines the start of pregnancy differently from that used by the pro-choice movement and the medical profession, a medication can be considered as an abortifacient by pro-lifers and a contraceptive by everyone else.

{PLEASE NOTE: Although the above is accurate in describing the difference of view--it is not true that universally, the medical profession defines abortion in the same manner as Pro-choice movement does--not does "everyone" other than pro-lifers call some contraceptives abortifacient. The wording of this is poor, but it makes the point}

I'm done....ignorance isn't on this end and I am not interested in matching wits with an unarmed opponent.
Do you always run away from a discussion when someone doesn't agree with you? Why are you on a debate forum?

tecoyah said:
Then you my dear....must be in a perpetual state of nirvana

Now there's a "moderate" response.

This is getting to be an interesting thread. I'll repeat ngdawg's question to you:

"Are you even a father?"

my apology to insert entity here for insulting one of your sheep...please do not strike your humble servant down*

Ahh, a "shotgun" insult. No comment.

Sob said:
Now there's a "moderate" response.

This is getting to be an interesting thread. I'll repeat ngdawg's question to you:

"Are you even a father?"

Ahh, a "shotgun" insult. No comment.

Just a parting note....this user Sob, was banned from the forum I work for, and seems to have major issues with me because of it (though I actually didnt ban him, but I would have within a week). Rather than poison this board with senseless banter between users, based on personal dislike, I would prefer to simply not be here.

Thanx for the entertainment all....you have a great place here...Later.

tecoyah said:
Just a parting note....
Thanx for the entertainment all....you have a great place here...Later.

So much for the courage of his convictions. :2wave:

No sense cluttering up the board with extraneous material. PM me if you have questions.

Felicity said:
Hey, kiddo:2razz: ...CONCEPTION is when the egg gets fertilized. Life begins at CONCEPTION.
Nope. Life existed before conception. Your claim is a lie.

Felicity said:
http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=2091

Abortion: In medicine, an abortion is the premature exit of the products of conception (the fetus, fetal membranes, and placenta) from the uterus. It is the loss of a pregnancy and does not refer to why that pregnancy was lost.

{there are products of conception before implatation.}
But what you NEGLECTED to point out is that IN MEDICINE, the pregnancy begins with implantation. SO you deliberately lied. You deliberately bore false witness. Obviously you have no shame in lying as long as you feel it is for Jesus. What do you think Jesus feel about you lying in his name?

steen said:
But what you NEGLECTED to point out is that IN MEDICINE, the pregnancy begins with implantation. SO you deliberately lied. You deliberately bore false witness. Obviously you have no shame in lying as long as you feel it is for Jesus. What do you think Jesus feel about you lying in his name?

IF he considers it false witness, I doubt he's got her with the same group who sees nothing wrong with killing babies.

How do YOU think he feels about that group?

Last edited:
Sob said:
IF he considers it false witness, I doubt he's got her with the same group who sees nothing wrong with killing babies.

How do YOU think he feels about that group?

I FEEL A PREMONITION COMING ON......

steen will reply with something along the lines of....

And there is more of your lying revisionist pro-lie claptrap you cowardly hate-mongering misogynist! (key words in BIG BOLD RED letters to connote anger and authority :roll:). He may even say something about hydatidiform moles if you're really lucky!:rofl

steen's a one trick pony...hang around...you'll see.:mrgreen:

Felicity said:
I FEEL A PREMONITION COMING ON......

steen will reply with something along the lines of....

And there is more of your lying revisionist pro-lie claptrap you cowardly hate-mongering misogynist! (key words in BIG BOLD RED letters to connote anger and authority :roll:). He may even say something about hydatidiform moles if you're really lucky!:rofl

steen's a one trick pony...hang around...you'll see.:mrgreen:

steen tends to speak from logic and biological fact rather than emotional opining. He, like most people of sound mind and rational thought, gets highly offended when the pro lifers, openly and shamelessly, promote lies and revision of facts to promote their religious agenda. Screaming "oh the poot baby" is a joke when you are talking about a fetus before he 26th week of pregnancy.

jallman said:
logic and biological fact rather than emotional opining. .
.....:2rofll: .....

Felicity said:
.....:2rofll: .....

well wasnt that an insightful reply to my post. It is exactly why I tend to stay away from pointless argument with lying pro-lifers.

jallman said:
well wasnt that an insightful reply to my post. It is exactly why I tend to stay away from pointless argument with lying pro-lifers.
Have you READ his posts on the FYI Hydatidiform Moles thread? He doesn't care a whit about "fact"--it's what supports his view of reality that he claims to be "fact."

Back
Top Bottom