• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

And we thought Americans were racist...

So what's your point? Are we all supposed to be outraged because of some Chinese thing or are you posting this because you're trying to prove that you're not racist...or at least not as racist as the Chinese? Are you trying to show that you are morally superior to the Chinese?

I'm just at a total loss for what might make you feel that this is even worthy of being posted.

So what?

You're dealing with an entirely different culture that is thousands of years old. Where Americans are intensely over-sensitive, Asians don't care.

It doesn't run on your TV, it was never intended to be understood by an American culture.

Do you post it to show that American's aren't as "racist" or that you aren't because you know it in this instance?

So what's your point? Are we all supposed to be outraged because of some Chinese thing or are you posting this because you're trying to prove that you're not racist...or at least not as racist as the Chinese? Are you trying to show that you are morally superior to the Chinese?

I'm just at a total loss for what might make you feel that this is even worthy of being posted.

Someone pee in your Cheerios this morning Luther?

I posted it simply because it is worth noting that racism is alive and well elsewhere. And as bad as Americans can be, this would never get off the drawing board here.

rofl
Is that a bleach commercial?

Yeah - that is racist... people would **** bricks if they made that in the US.

So what?

You're dealing with an entirely different culture that is thousands of years old. Where Americans are intensely over-sensitive, Asians don't care.

It doesn't run on your TV, it was never intended to be understood by an American culture.

Do you post it to show that American's aren't as "racist" or that you aren't because you know it in this instance?

Look - just say 'yeah, but I don't care' instead of actually saying 'they're an ancient culture - therefor racism is okay' and 'Americans are too stupid to understand'.

It's mean to be funny . . . comedy gets a pass simply because it's comedy.

--
Now if someone wants to be upset I'd HOPE it would be because she's shoving it in his mouth - and kids die from eating those brightly colored laundry packets.

Okay...so I'm shallow.

But she does have a great set of hooters.

Should have known...The Chinese copied it. The original was Italian.

rofl
Is that a bleach commercial?

Yeah - that is racist... people would **** bricks if they made that in the US.

Look - just say 'yeah, but I don't care' instead of actually saying 'they're an ancient culture - therefor racism is okay' and 'Americans are too stupid to understand'.

It's mean to be funny . . . comedy gets a pass simply because it's comedy.

--
Now if someone wants to be upset I'd HOPE it would be because she's shoving it in his mouth - and kids die from eating those brightly colored laundry packets.

What the **** are you on about?

I NEVER SAID racism is all right because their a different culture, I said THEY don't consider it racism.

Except that having been married to a Chinese Canadian I do find it hilarious because of that.

So, call me a racist because I can see it through Asian eyes...whatever.

Americans are so ****ed up over racism even a joke causes a ****ing argument.

Sometimes I hate this place. Race. Race. Race, don't you ever talk about sex for **** sakes.

That is funny.
I wish our country (the U.S.) could lighten-up on racial matters, like much of the rest of the world - at the least, we'd get better TV commercials! :thumbs:

I NEVER SAID racism is all right because their a different culture, I said THEY don't consider it racism.

Except that having been married to a Chinese Canadian I do find it hilarious because of that.

Sometimes I hate this place. Race. Race. Race, don't you ever talk about sex for **** sakes.

Where's your sense of humor gone? Dig into your couch cushions - maybe you'll find it.

So what?

Would you feel the same way if this commercial was done in Germany rather than China?
If a blonde German girl washes the black guy and he comes out looking like a blonde haired, blue eyed German guy?

I wish our country (the U.S.) could lighten-up on racial matters, like much of the rest of the world - at the least, we'd get better TV commercials! :thumbs:

I agree. You make a good point there.

I wonder if the commercial is racist at all from their point of view. It could be that we are hung up on this color of your skin thing.

Look how hung up we were on nudity in this country. John Wayne killing someone was acceptable for any age child but seeing a person naked god forbid the world should stop turning. We could be taking the commercial completely out of context because we are the one with the racist problem.

Just look how our media plays the race card in this country to line their pockets with billions every year. That clearly proves how hung up we are on race. It sells because the people buying have a real problem and just don't know it. They are too busy pointing their finger at other people to realize that 3 of their fingers are pointing back at themselves. Those 3 fingers most likely are pointing at the real racist.

F&L

Man I am with you on this one.. with one small correction, Not all of us Americans are caught up in the "race, race, race" culture. I for one still have a sense of humor, I can laugh at myself, I enjoy a good joke,(even at my own expense).. I sometimes wonder if eventually we all have to walk around like the people from the movie "Invasion of the body snatchers) no smiling, no emotion, just zombie like. Hopefully I'll be gone before that happens.

djl

Back
Top Bottom