• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

And we should help these people?

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
It's nice to see that illigal immigrants want to go to the Land of Opportunity so badly that they are willing to cause death and destruction...

Tucson, Arizona | Published: 07.24.2004
ARIZONA DAILY STAR

An illegal entrant tried to knock down a Border Patrol helicopter Thursday night when he threw five softball-sized rocks at the rotor as the aircraft pursued him.

Incredibly, all five rocks missed the spinning rotors and the helicopter remained aloft, said Border Patrol spokesman Andy Adame.

"He missed it completely," Adame said.

The incident started in Apache Creek near Sonoita when Huachuca City police asked for help chasing a white Ford F-250 pickup truck that didn't stop when the officers tried to pull the driver over. The driver, who was not apprehended, forced a police car off the road and disappeared.

About 12:50 a.m., a Border Patrol helicopter spotted the truck. Passengers jumped out of the bed and ran into the brush.

The ground was too uneven to traverse so the helicopter picked up two agents. Just as it lifted off, a man came out of the shrubs and threw the rocks at the helicopter. He was then tackled and arrested by agents on the ground.

The man, a 32-year-old Mexican national whom the agency has not identified, is in federal custody. He will be arraigned Monday and charged with several counts, including felony alien smuggling.

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/border/31344.php

Originally posted by cnredd:
It's nice to see that illigal immigrants want to go to the Land of Opportunity so badly that they are willing to cause death and destruction...
Who the hell do they think they are, THE UNITED STATES!

Next thing you know, they'll be mimicing our attacks on hospitals. The nerve. The gall. That is so like foreigners.

August 26, 2005

Iraqi hospitals attacked and damaged by US forces
by Dr. Salam Ismael July 2, 2005 GlobalResearch.ca

US occupation soldiers have conducted simultaneous military operations in cities across the west of Iraq. In May-June 2005, the heaviest of these attacks took place in the cities of Hadeetha and Al Qiem. These cities and surrounding villages are home to an estimated 300,000 people.

Eyewitnesses and medical personnel in the area have described how US soldiers prevented food and medication reaching Hadeetha and Al Qiem and targeted the cities' two main hospitals, medical staff, and ambulances.
US soldiers violated the Geneva Conventions and international law by preventing civilians from accessing healthcare. Eyewitnesses reported at least one patient being shot dead in his bed in a hospital ward. Doctors were prevented from assisting patients and civilians in need. A number of doctors and medical personnel were killed in the attack and others were arrested by US forces in the hospital. They were later released, along with the hospital manager who was detained for two days.

The huge military operations in the area have caused widespread damage. An unknown number of civilians were killed and injured during the attack.

Video footage shot by doctors show a badly damaged medical store in the Hadeetha hospital and damaged surgical theatres. The medical store contained medicine and equipment for all hospitals and medical centers in the west of Iraq. Staff and patients say the damage was carried out by "by violent and barbaric US soldiers".

The Doctors for Iraq Society and other Iraqi organisations working in the area are asking for urgent assistance from outside Iraq to help equip the hospital with medication and other essential supplies.

Medical staff need basics such as medicines, surgical sets, laundry units, laboratory equipment and surgical sets. Staff and patients also need urgent protection from the ongoing brutal actions of US occupation forces who continue to violate international law by carrying out attacks on patients and medical staff in Iraq.

The Doctors for Iraq Society is calling on human rights organizations to conduct an urgent investigation into what happened in Hadeetha and Al Qiem, and to take testimonies from eyewitnesses and medical staff in the area.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=ISM20050702&articleId=624
Normally, I would put this on another thread, however, you make things far too convenient for me. I feel like it's my birthday. Thank you cnredd, for giving me the opportunity to publish truth, justice and the cnredd American way.

I fully agree. These people are willing to kill Americans so they can illegally enter our country. Yes, we do need to help their native countries to drive down the urge to illegally come here, but those that do should be sent back and/or prosecuted. There are plenty of legal ways to immigrate to the US.

Billo_Really, start a new thread, as in here it just looks like a flame.

This isn't the only attack it seems.

Rocks Thrown at Border Patrol Chopper
Illegal immigrants threw rocks at a Border Patrol helicopter, forcing the pilot to make an emergency landing when one of the rocks damaged the rotor, the agency said.

Neither the pilot nor the Border Patrol observer was injured.

The A-Star helicopter was two miles west of the U.S. Port of Entry in Andrade, Calif., on Tuesday when a group of immigrants began throwing rocks at the aircraft.

One baseball-sized rock gashed the rotor, forcing the pilot to land nearby, said Michael Gramley, spokesman for the Border Patrol sector based in Yuma, Ariz.

Gramley said he did not know how high the helicopter was hovering when it was struck, but he said it was being repaired and is expected back in service soon.

After the incident, 17 people were apprehended for illegally crossing the border, and two of them were being investigated for smuggling. Ten immigrants evaded capture.

The investigation into the rock-throwing was continuing.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/08/25/D8C71P6O0.html

I stand by my earlier post.

Billo_Really said:
Who the hell do they think they are, THE UNITED STATES!

Next thing you know, they'll be mimicing our attacks on hospitals. The nerve. The gall. That is so like foreigners.

Normally, I would put this on another thread, however, you make things far too convenient for me. I feel like it's my birthday. Thank you cnredd, for giving me the opportunity to publish truth, justice and the cnredd American way.

Keep posting....More and more people will see you for the fool that you are...

Seriously...the "whatever" factor to your comments just grows and grows...

Umm...Billo....that is a little over the top...and honestly if you want to post it, it at the very least belongs in another thread. If people don't want to listen to you, it is very simple, they can click ignore...when they go to your profile, I have done it to one person on this forum before but ublocked him a while back...

That being said...I do have something to say about this. It is human nature that can explain what happened here. They were scared shitlesss. They don't want to go back, and can you blame them, so they are willing to do almost anything to avoid it, and yes, that even means crossing that moral boundry. That doesn't excuse what they do in the name of staying or getting here, but it does explain it, doesn't it?

NASCAR_dad said:
I fully agree. These people are willing to kill Americans so they can illegally enter our country. Yes, we do need to help their native countries to drive down the urge to illegally come here, but those that do should be sent back and/or prosecuted. There are plenty of legal ways to immigrate to the US.

Billo_Really, start a new thread, as in here it just looks like a flame.

There are not plenty of ways to legaly immigrate to the USA. You are completely ignorant on this.... That is fact but it does not mean I am more open to immigration than you are.

ShamMol said:
Umm...Billo....that is a little over the top...and honestly if you want to post it, it at the very least belongs in another thread. If people don't want to listen to you, it is very simple, they can click ignore...when they go to your profile, I have done it to one person on this forum before but ublocked him a while back...

That being said...I do have something to say about this. It is human nature that can explain what happened here. They were scared shitlesss. They don't want to go back, and can you blame them, so they are willing to do almost anything to avoid it, and yes, that even means crossing that moral boundry. That doesn't excuse what they do in the name of staying or getting here, but it does explain it, doesn't it?

Options - immigrate legally
immigrate illegally

If they are willing to do anything, legally applying for citizenship IS an option.
But instead, they opt to break laws and put peoples lives in jeopardy....I have no pity for them.

This border thing is just another distraction thrown at the nation to take attention away from the real problems this country needs to deal with. On the priority list of problems this country has to solve, this one is either way down the list or non-existant.

Now a comment on that ignore list. This list is for people that do not come to this board for an honest debate of the issues. If people debate to share their views in the hopes of acheiving something that is mutually benificial, then how can you debate when one side cuts off the lines of communication.

I know some think they have a valid reason why they would use this feature, I'm not here to argue that point. What I'm saying is, you choose your own emotions. Nobody can make you mad. That is your choice to react that way. With that being said, choosing this ignore list is really a panic button to those who can't listen to opposing views, without feeling threatened.

cnredd said:
Options - immigrate legally
immigrate illegally

If they are willing to do anything, legally applying for citizenship IS an option.
But instead, they opt to break laws and put peoples lives in jeopardy....I have no pity for them.
And as I said earlier-"That doesn't excuse what they do in the name of staying or getting here, but it does explain it, doesn't it?"

Frankly, do you realize how difficult it is to immigrate legally now? I pity them because they want a better life, and who doesn't? I am damn sure you do.

ShamMol said:
And as I said earlier-"That doesn't excuse what they do in the name of staying or getting here, but it does explain it, doesn't it?"

Frankly, do you realize how difficult it is to immigrate legally now? I pity them because they want a better life, and who doesn't? I am damn sure you do.

I suggest if they want a better life, they should have a wonderful time changing the way things work in their own country to acheive that goal...

Where is this "great uprising" that should be going on in Mexico?

Is this "when the going gets tough, the tough get going"?

With the way some on the left think, I'm surprised they're not running in the other direction....with Jesse Jackson leading the way...

Instead of the USA watching a "Tienamin Square"-type protest from the oppressed and disenfranchised, we see millions who run from their own country to set up residence illegally in ours.

I sympathize...I don't condone...so I would try to stop it...

We should invest in the mexican economy and remove the massive amount of corruption present there. Illegal immigration would be nothing more than people running from their police and into our and teens looking for a nice way to spend cinco de mayo. We live in a very "global" world, when your country is poor and corrupt and you see a rich and less overtly corrupt one right above, you know what you're going to do from day one. Remove the grass is greener effect, and you won't need militarized borders.

cnredd said:
I suggest if they want a better life, they should have a wonderful time changing the way things work in their own country to acheive that goal...

Where is this "great uprising" that should be going on in Mexico?

Is this "when the going gets tough, the tough get going"?

With the way some on the left think, I'm surprised they're not running in the other direction....with Jesse Jackson leading the way...

Instead of the USA watching a "Tienamin Square"-type protest from the oppressed and disenfranchised, we see millions who run from their own country to set up residence illegally in ours.

I sympathize...I don't condone...so I would try to stop it...
With Jesse Jackson leading the way, don't make me laugh...wait...lol. You sympathize, so try and make it better. How? Encourage your government to allow more in legally, write your statesmen to ask them to increase funding to their economy to stimulate it, do something other than just say...oh...well they can't do it. No. That isn't helping the situation. The problem is that they can't change the situation down there so they come up here, and since we like to help people, in my view the only way to help now is to allow more people in legally since we sure as hell don't want to change corrupt governments. I think I just hit the nail on the head...

I mean, if the presidents like each other, *cough* putin *cough* fox *cough*, and that is a-ok with our government, why should they change? Why shouldn't they be corrupt (FOX) or dictatorial (Putin) or even sponsor terrorism (Pakistan-helps in war on terror). We don't want to change these places because the President Bush has established a good raport with them! It all makes sense now... ACtually, I really could care less about this, I just needed to rant after seeing Coulter on TV.

Youve Got To Be Kidding! said:
There are not plenty of ways to legaly immigrate to the USA. You are completely ignorant on this.... That is fact but it does not mean I am more open to immigration than you are.

I've lived my entire life in the southwest (nevada, california, and arizona). I am hispanic, and I have plenty of family and friends who have come from Mexico legally. The process is tedious to become a legal citizen, but that is not why many of the illegals avoid it. Many of the illegals I know (I work in the construction industry) would rather not be citizens to keep from paying taxes, etc. Out here, you can get a house, loans, and social aid without becoming a citizen. Then once you have a baby in the United States you have a legal right to be here (since that child is a U.S. citizen, and you are their caregiver).
The only issue I have with all of this is that my taxdollars are going to support many of these families who have not taken the legal steps to becoming a citizen. It's just not right.

ShamMol said:
With Jesse Jackson leading the way, don't make me laugh...wait...lol. You sympathize, so try and make it better. How? Encourage your government to allow more in legally, write your statesmen to ask them to increase funding to their economy to stimulate it, do something other than just say...oh...well they can't do it. No. That isn't helping the situation. The problem is that they can't change the situation down there so they come up here, and since we like to help people, in my view the only way to help now is to allow more people in legally since we sure as hell don't want to change corrupt governments. I think I just hit the nail on the head...

I mean, if the presidents like each other, *cough* putin *cough* fox *cough*, and that is a-ok with our government, why should they change? Why shouldn't they be corrupt (FOX) or dictatorial (Putin) or even sponsor terrorism (Pakistan-helps in war on terror). We don't want to change these places because the President Bush has established a good raport with them! It all makes sense now... ACtually, I really could care less about this, I just needed to rant after seeing Coulter on TV.

Believe me...Coulter has been marginalized in my thoughts, too...Coulter, Hannity, Savage, and Limbaugh are not good examples of a quality American...Can't explain O'Reilly though...He's a lightweight compared to the other four...

By mentioning Putin & Fox, you seem to be equating this illigal immigration problem as a recent thing, when actually it's not...It's been going on for a couple of decades, but the story has been pushed to the forefront...

As for easing restrictions to make the legal process easier...I don't know the length of the process now, but easing of restrictions MAY be in order...

Here's the overall problem...

As an open society, we allow people to jump in on the Land of Opportunity...but only if you go through certain procedures...that keeps the number of people coming into the country at once at an acceptable level.

What if 20 million people a year came into America? Within 15 years, the population of this country would double, and the government would not be able to keep up with the social programs and healthcare benifits for the ones who should get first dibs...the ones who have been born here...

Now that, of course, seems overkill, but I hope you see that there has to be some number of immigrants that would seem "acceptable"...1 million?...5 million?...10 million? At what point do we say, enough is enough"?

At SOME point, there will be an oversaturation point, where the established society, which has taken hundreds of years and many races to obtain, will be overrun by one race with one culture. That, is simply, unnaceptable.

We have the land, but we don't have the programs to keep up with the massive infux of people, and that will ultimately hurt the people who are already here...

Originally posted by cnredd:
Believe me...Coulter has been marginalized in my thoughts, too...Coulter, Hannity, Savage, and Limbaugh are not good examples of a quality American...Can't explain O'Reilly though...He's a lightweight compared to the other four...
Very well said. I agree.

SHodges said:
We should invest in the mexican economy and remove the massive amount of corruption present there. Illegal immigration would be nothing more than people running from their police and into our and teens looking for a nice way to spend cinco de mayo. We live in a very "global" world, when your country is poor and corrupt and you see a rich and less overtly corrupt one right above, you know what you're going to do from day one. Remove the grass is greener effect, and you won't need militarized borders.

So all that we would benefit from this idea is somewhere that we can already go on vacation?
And more prisoners?

Ryanmodcon said:
So all that we would benefit from this idea is somewhere that we can already go on vacation?
And more prisoners?
Did you just read three-four words of my post and formulate a response based on those words? We'd benefit by no longer needing to fear illegal immigration because people would have next to no reason to go through with it, and illegal immigration would be reduced to just a few hundred a year rather than thousands.

cnredd said:

By mentioning Putin & Fox, you seem to be equating this illigal immigration problem as a recent thing, when actually it's not...It's been going on for a couple of decades, but the story has been pushed to the forefront...

As for easing restrictions to make the legal process easier...I don't know the length of the process now, but easing of restrictions MAY be in order...

Here's the overall problem...

As an open society, we allow people to jump in on the Land of Opportunity...but only if you go through certain procedures...that keeps the number of people coming into the country at once at an acceptable level.

What if 20 million people a year came into America? Within 15 years, the population of this country would double, and the government would not be able to keep up with the social programs and healthcare benifits for the ones who should get first dibs...the ones who have been born here...

Now that, of course, seems overkill, but I hope you see that there has to be some number of immigrants that would seem "acceptable"...1 million?...5 million?...10 million? At what point do we say, enough is enough"?

At SOME point, there will be an oversaturation point, where the established society, which has taken hundreds of years and many races to obtain, will be overrun by one race with one culture. That, is simply, unnaceptable.

We have the land, but we don't have the programs to keep up with the massive infux of people, and that will ultimately hurt the people who are already here...
My rant really had nothing to do with immigration, just Bush's support of Presidents who he shouldn't be supporting for various reasons.

You speak a lot of sense there, but I also realize the need for more immigration living where I do. Believe me, I go to school and I am surrounded, I go to the market, surrounded, and frankly, I love it. I think it is great because they have that chance to make it where they didn't in Mexico or Guatemala. All of my friends are second gen or third gen in this country save maybe two. This colors my outlook just a bit.

The process takes years. It is that simple. It is damn near impossible...no that isn't fair, it is just really damn hard and really just dishearening. Once they get to the land of opportunity, they are already beat down by the system. It shouldn't be that way. I would hire more people to streamline and speed up the process so that we can still have the security needed, but allow people to get in faster who do it legally instead illegally-basically, reward them for doing it the right way.

So...all that being said...yes, there will eventually be a problem with providing services, but that time is not now and that will not happen by raising the number of legal, legal, immigrants by a a hundred thousand a year or so-give or take 15 thousand. I don't want a huge amount more people coming in each year because I think that could hurt our economy in the long run, but a steady increase over a decade or so could eventually work....at least in my head. I think that is a fair number of people-not a whole lot, but just enough that we can feel good at night.

Last edited:
ShamMol said:
My rant really had nothing to do with immigration, just Bush's support of Presidents who he shouldn't be supporting for various reasons.

You speak a lot of sense there, but I also realize the need for more immigration living where I do. Believe me, I go to school and I am surrounded, I go to the market, surrounded, and frankly, I love it. I think it is great because they have that chance to make it where they didn't in Mexico or Guatemala. All of my friends are second gen or third gen in this country save maybe two. This colors my outlook just a bit.

The process takes years. It is that simple. It is damn near impossible...no that isn't fair, it is just really damn hard and really just dishearening. Once they get to the land of opportunity, they are already beat down by the system. It shouldn't be that way. I would hire more people to streamline and speed up the process so that we can still have the security needed, but allow people to get in faster who do it legally instead illegally-basically, reward them for doing it the right way.

So...all that being said...yes, there will eventually be a problem with providing services, but that time is not now and that will not happen by raising the number of legal, legal, immigrants by a a hundred thousand a year or so-give or take 15 thousand. I don't want a huge amount more people coming in each year because I think that could hurt our economy in the long run, but a steady increase over a decade or so could eventually work....at least in my head. I think that is a fair number of people-not a whole lot, but just enough that we can feel good at night.

I think your thoughts and mine just passed each other on the highway without acknowledgement of one another....

What you SAY sounds right...on paper...

When equating it to what's going on today, that philosophy falls apart...

You say the time is not now...which, at the moment, is correct(maybe)...

But if illegal immigration continues at the rate it does now, there will be a point in time where...

a) we will be oversaturated with illegals

b) we will lose our own identity

There is a reason people call London "Londonistan"...They've lost their own identity because of the influx of immigrants...and now there is a backlash...we should heed their history before it repeats itself here on a larger scale...

The "American Dream" used to be "2.3 children and a station wagon in the driveway"...

Now it's "make enough money at the American's expense so I can send the cash back to my relatives in the homeland"....

We are being used....and we're letting it happen...but, just as America does with everything else, we're letting it slide until it becomes "critical mass" instead of curbing it now...

I think your thoughts and mine just passed each other on the highway without acknowledgement of one another....

What you SAY sounds right...on paper...

When equating it to what's going on today, that philosophy falls apart...

You say the time is not now...which, at the moment, is correct(maybe)...

But if illegal immigration continues at the rate it does now, there will be a point in time where...

a) we will be oversaturated with illegals

b) we will lose our own identity

There is a reason people call London "Londonistan"...They've lost their own identity because of the influx of immigrants...and now there is a backlash...we should heed their history before it repeats itself here on a larger scale...

The "American Dream" used to be "2.3 children and a station wagon in the driveway"...

Now it's "make enough money at the American's expense so I can send the cash back to my relatives in the homeland"....

We are being used....and we're letting it happen...but, just as America does with everything else, we're letting it slide until it becomes "critical mass" instead of curbing it now...

Woow, this is another awesome post I have heard on this awesome forum. You hit the nail on the forehead. Much like Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the catholic chrch door.

SKILMATIC said:
Woow, this is another awesome post I have heard on this awesome forum. You hit the nail on the forehead. Much like Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the catholic chrch door.

Thank you...

Keep in mind that I have been drinking, so tomorrow I will go through it again and say, I wrote that crap?!?!":rofl

Thank you...

Keep in mind that I have been drinking, so tomorrow I will go through it again and say, I wrote that crap?!?!"

:lol: I think you make more sense when your drunk. Mabe a few liberals should try this. :rofl

For the millions of illegals who have crept into the US and are living off of my hard earned tax dollars, thankyou. Tsk, tsk.:applaud
This whole topic about building a wall all the way along the southern border-is bull****. Has anyone heard about the Great Wall of China?! In that lesson we learn that it does nothing more than look big, gets world news, and is just a stumbling block for anyone who really wants to cross over it. Without several thousand constant guards, does anyone think that it will keep these slippery little people out?! No. It won't. They will find a way. You will have them digging complex tunnels to get in the US. The millions and billions spent on a wall might slow them, but, they will get over in weak points afterwhile.

Back
Top Bottom