• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

And then explode a bomb in Boston

Tovarish

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The US is pressuring Russia to hand over NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden to face espionage charges. However, it routinely denies Russian requests to hand over suspected criminals living in America.
“Law agencies asked the US on many occasions to extradite wanted criminals through Interpol channels, but those requests were neither met nor even responded to,” spokesman for the Russian Interior Ministry Andrey Pilipchuk said on Monday.
He named Ilyas Akhmadov and Tamaz Nalbandov as examples of people living in the US, who Russia unsuccessfully tried to get for prosecution.Russian official slams US for turning down Moscow's extradition requests ? RT News

The US is pressuring Russia to hand over NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden to face espionage charges. However, it routinely denies Russian requests to hand over suspected criminals living in America.
Do you know if the requests from Russia were denied for good reason or not? Do you think each case should be considered on it's individual merit or should they just play a political numbers game with people's lives?

Incidentally, what do extradition requests from Russia have to do with the bombing in Boston?

“Law agencies asked the US on many occasions to extradite wanted criminals through Interpol channels, but those requests were neither met nor even responded to,” spokesman for the Russian Interior Ministry Andrey Pilipchuk said on Monday.
He named Ilyas Akhmadov and Tamaz Nalbandov as examples of people living in the US, who Russia unsuccessfully tried to get for prosecution.Russian official slams US for turning down Moscow's extradition requests ? RT News

Have to make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Snowden admitted his guilt in violating U.S. law. Did those that Russia want extradicted do the same thing? Why were those requests denied? What evidence was presented. These are things that are unknown. However what is known is that Snowden violated U.S. law admittingly.

Do you know if the requests from Russia were denied for good reason or not? Do you think each case should be considered on it's individual merit or should they just play a political numbers game with people's lives?

Incidentally, what do extradition requests from Russia have to do with the bombing in Boston?

Previously, the U.S. government is harboring Nazi war criminals. Now harboring terrorists. Is it any wonder total surveillance of their citizens? Is it any wonder the bombings? My opinion - (considering harboring terrorists and the state of the U.S. economy), the government is preparing people for the coming of the new Fuhrer. It is necessary that people themselves has asked a firm hand.

Have to make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Snowden admitted his guilt in violating U.S. law. Did those that Russia want extradicted do the same thing? Why were those requests denied? What evidence was presented. These are things that are unknown. However what is known is that Snowden violated U.S. law admittingly.

Whence do you know that Snowden pleaded guilty? The U.S. government harbors terrorists. The U.S. government has ignored the information about the brothers Tsarnaev. So what about the evidence you tell us in Boston.

That's funny - the Department of Homeland Security said no and people on Congress petitioned for a yes.

LOL

Whence do you know that Snowden pleaded guilty? The U.S. government harbors terrorists. The U.S. government has ignored the information about the brothers Tsarnaev. So what about the evidence you tell us in Boston.

He said he disclosed classified material. That is admission of guilt per the disclosure form he signed before he got the job.

And what evidence do you have of the Russian's in the U.S.? Where is it?

He said he disclosed classified material. That is admission of guilt per the disclosure form he signed before he got the job.

And what evidence do you have of the Russian's in the U.S.? Where is it?

Your, like, logic suffers. Snowden said - the U.S. government has secretly monitored its citizens. Read their personal mail. And so on. Where an admission of guilt? However - topic no about Snowden.

Previously, the U.S. government is harboring Nazi war criminals. Now harboring terrorists. Is it any wonder total surveillance of their citizens? Is it any wonder the bombings? My opinion - (considering harboring terrorists and the state of the U.S. economy), the government is preparing people for the coming of the new Fuhrer. It is necessary that people themselves has asked a firm hand.
Nice rant. Are you going to engage in an actual discussion and answer my questions now?

Nice rant. Are you going to engage in an actual discussion and answer my questions now?

Russian official slams US for turning down Moscow's extradition requests ? RT News What is not clear? Maybe you think that I'm working in the department of state or the FBI? Your questions must you ask there. As written media, the brothers Tsarnaev Chechens and are associated with terrorists. Russia asks to give her Chechen terrorists. U.S. refuses. Is it any wonder then, if will more explosions?

It's not clear why the USA turned down the extradition applications in these two cases. There are all sorts of reasons they can be refused, some legitimate and some less so. Without knowing that, they're irrelevant to any request for extradition for Snowdon or indeed anyone else. Again, do you think each case should be judged on it's merits or should suspects be used as political pawns? Whether they're murderous terrorists or entirely innocent, how would that be good for anyone?

Maybe you think that I'm working in the department of state or the FBI?
Not at all. I just think you're a guy with a particular political opinion seeking facts to support it rather than the other way around. I'm just suggesting that you look at the facts for a different angle and without any predetermined assumptions.

It's not clear why the USA turned down the extradition applications in these two cases. There are all sorts of reasons they can be refused, some legitimate and some less so. Without knowing that, they're irrelevant to any request for extradition for Snowdon or indeed anyone else. Again, do you think each case should be judged on it's merits or should suspects be used as political pawns? Whether they're murderous terrorists or entirely innocent, how would that be good for anyone?

Not at all. I just think you're a guy with a particular political opinion seeking facts to support it rather than the other way around. I'm just suggesting that you look at the facts for a different angle and without any predetermined assumptions.

I do not understand. By asking me a question, do you really think I read the documents, which provided Russian? U.S. refuses to sign the agreement on mutual extradition of criminals. I do not know - why. I think for political reasons.

I do not understand. By asking me a question, do you really think I read the documents, which provided Russian?
No, I just expect you to admit that you (like the rest of us) have absolutely no idea of the details of the Russian requests and you don't know whether they're legitimate or not. Because of that, there is no valid reason to link them to either the Snowdon request or the Boston bombing. These are, as they stand, four entirely separate cases.

U.S. refuses to sign the agreement on mutual extradition of criminals. I do not know - why. I think for political reasons.
Pretty much. The have the power and they make the most of it. It's not as if most other nation wouldn't do exactly the same if they could, especially Russia which hardly has a clean track record on political interference in criminal justice itself.

Akhmadov is the politically moderate former foreign minister of the short lived Chechen Republic of Ichkeria, he fled shortly before the Second Chechen War to seek asylum in the United States. It is unlikely we would turn him over to Russia. I have never heard of the second person and could not find any information on him.

Back
Top Bottom