• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

And right on cue, the orange malignancy praises Putin's "genius"

Shrink726

The tolerant left? I'm the intolerant left.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
So R's are going to have to figure out how to play this. Criticize Biden for being a weakling (i.e. we should commit 200k American troops and bomb the Russians back to the middle ages) or call him a fool for not rolling over and playing dead thus, giving Putin anything and everything he wants.

Biden is certainly making this difficult for R's by actually showing great statesmanship, getting world consensus and support while keeping the door to diplomacy wide open.

Either option available to the R's is not a terribly attractive look.

Trump sides with Putin as Biden tries to stop a war

I don’t doubt that Trump would kiss Putin’s ass in the middle of Red Square but my lord that article is the biggest piece of shit I’ve ever read. CNN isn’t even pretending to be objective anymore. They’re just as bad as Fox.

I don’t doubt that Trump would kiss Putin’s ass in the middle of Red Square but my lord that article is the biggest piece of shit I’ve ever read. CNN isn’t even pretending to be objective anymore. They’re just as bad as Fox.
What, specifically, did you find to be biased or inaccurate in that article?

Really? Are they?

Unlike the precipitous, but insidious slant that often comes from FOX "News", this CNN article doesn't even pretend to be reportage. In fact, it's labeled "Analysis" right there on the by line! It's actually telling you it's just one man's opinion, immediately under the headline.

Unlike FOX, CNN doesn't blur the line between News, and Op/Ed.

Just one more reason not to vote for republicans. How anyone can say his comments are helpful to america is beyond me?

So R's are going to have to figure out how to play this. Criticize Biden for being a weakling (i.e. we should commit 200k American troops and bomb the Russians back to the middle ages) or call him a fool for not rolling over and playing dead thus, giving Putin anything and everything he wants.

Biden is certainly making this difficult for R's by actually showing great statesmanship, getting world consensus and support while keeping the door to diplomacy wide open.

Any time Biden is criticized for being weak with Russia it's good to remember this quote:

"I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, 'This is genius.' Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine, of Ukraine, Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that's wonderful"

Neville Chamberlain will be forever known as the great appeaser, but at least he didn't publicly fawn over his adversary referring to him as "the commonest little dog I have ever seen".

Russia formalises what has been the reality since 2014 and the Dumbos squeal like stuck pigs .

Already the US is effectively in the midst of trying to organise what is really a False Flag and once again is being humiliated .

In fairness , The Dementia Kid and a bunch of backing Neocons are hardly great opposition to overcome .

The US is now trying to organise sanctions which they cannot effectively do without hurting the EU and then later

finding that any residual good will from Davros buddies has fast disappeared .

After six rounds the man in the red trunks has won every round and the older guy in blue has legs which are ready to go .

Russia formalises what has been the reality since 2014 and the Dumbos squeal like stuck pigs .

Already the US is effectively in the midst of trying to organise what is really a False Flag and once again is being humiliated .

In fairness , The Dementia Kid and a bunch of backing Neocons are hardly great opposition to overcome .

The US is now trying to organise sanctions which they cannot effectively do without hurting the EU and then later

finding that any residual good will from Davros buddies has fast disappeared .
Blah, blah, blah (in my best Greta Thunberg voice). So I take it that your approach would be to do nothing and appease the terrorist.

Follow Neville Chamberlain much?

Really? Are they?

Unlike the precipitous, but insidious slant that often comes from FOX "News", this CNN article doesn't even pretend to be reportage. In fact, it's labeled "Analysis" right there on the by line! It's actually telling you it's just one man's opinion, immediately under the headline.

Unlike FOX, CNN doesn't blur the line between News, and Op/Ed.
That's my point. It's not reportage. It's not even analysis. It's cheerleading for Biden and demonization of Trump (which he deserves but NOT from the media)

And I've never equated analysis with Op/Ed. I would never confuse and piece I've read that was labelled in the NYT's - for example - with an Op/Ed-

What, specifically, did you find to be biased or inaccurate in that article?
It's not inaccurate. It's written like a bad piece of fiction or an advertisement for Biden and not worthy of a news organization.

1645622048264.png

That's my point. It's not reportage. It's not even analysis. It's cheerleading for Biden and demonization of Trump (which he deserves but NOT from the media)

And I've never equated analysis with Op/Ed. I would never confuse and piece I've read that was labelled in the NYT's - for example - with an Op/Ed-
Any "analysis" is just one person's opinion. The analyzer's. This wasn't proffered as some sort of scholarly work product from the history department of a university. We'll have more than enough of that to look forward to - if we live long enough.

But I can't help but question the fact that your criticism comes without actually challenging any specifics in the content. How do you like this paragraph?

"I knew that he always wanted Ukraine. I used to talk to him about it. I said, 'You can't do it. You're not going to do it.' But I could see that he wanted it," the former President said. In reality, Trump suggested during his 2016 campaign that Russia could keep Crimea, another Ukrainian territory which Putin had annexed in 2014. "The people of Crimea, from what I've heard, would rather be with Russia than where they were," Trump said, parroting a Kremlin talking point.

Trump's direct quotes would seem to be making the author's point for him.

Never underestimate your enemy. Biden did just that while Trump recognizes the fact that in this geopolitical chess game Putin is a very experienced grand master.

Never underestimate your enemy. Biden did just that while Trump recognizes the fact that in this geopolitical chess game Putin is a very experienced grand master.

And Trump countered Russia by doing what? Giving them everything they wanted and never standing up to them?

And Trump countered Russia by doing what? Giving them everything they wanted and never standing up to them?
Trump stopped the pipeline construction that Biden immediately approved so your talking point is spouted from a mouth with no teeth.

Trump stopped the pipeline construction that Biden immediately approved so your talking point is spouted from a mouth with no teeth.

Trump also ended sanctions against Russia over Crimea and legally recognized their ownership over the illegally annexed territory.

Any "analysis" is just one person's opinion. The analyzer's. This wasn't proffered as some sort of scholarly work product from the history department of a university. We'll have more than enough of that to look forward to - if we live long enough.

But I can't help but question the fact that your criticism comes without actually challenging any specifics in the content. How do you like this paragraph?

"I knew that he always wanted Ukraine. I used to talk to him about it. I said, 'You can't do it. You're not going to do it.' But I could see that he wanted it," the former President said. In reality, Trump suggested during his 2016 campaign that Russia could keep Crimea, another Ukrainian territory which Putin had annexed in 2014. "The people of Crimea, from what I've heard, would rather be with Russia than where they were," Trump said, parroting a Kremlin talking point.

Trump's direct quotes would seem to be making the author's point for him.
I agree with the content. What I disagree with is the presentation and the use of adjectives that are more suited to works of fiction.

And as I said in print media analysis pieces usually don’t appear on the op/Ed page and are not usually written as partisan political pieces.

Trump also ended sanctions against Russia over Crimea and legally recognized their ownership over the illegally annexed territory.
That was annexed under Obama Biden

That was annexed under Obama Biden

And? The position of the US when Trump entered office was that the annexation was illegal and the territory legally belonged to Ukraine. There were also sanctions in place punishing Russia for their illegal land grab.

Trump responded by legally recognizing Crimea as Russian territory and lifting the sanctions.

The idea that he would do anything to stop Russia from invading eastern Ukraine is absurd. Last night he called the move “genius” and wanted the US to conduct a similar invasion of northern Mexico.

Trump responded by legally recognizing Crimea as Russian territory
Complete BS. Rachel tell you that?

Complete BS. Rachel tell you that?

You realize your first link is from 2014 right? Trump reversed the US’s position in 2018.

After how much criticism for his inaction?
Feel free to post your citation where Trump Legally recognized Crimea as Russia as you earlier claimed.I know he talked about it as part of a Syrian compromise but don’t think it actually came to fruition.

Back
Top Bottom