• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

And People Fuss About How Children Get Ahold Of Guns

DebateChallenge

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
People fuss about how having guns in the household means that children, if you ever have children in the house, can get ahold of your guns and cause disaster. Well its the same as anything dangerous you keep in your house such as cars and car keys. Whose to say your children won't get ahold of your car keys, or for that matter truck keys as in the case below, and take your car or truck out for a joyride and kill a bunch of people? Just take this case for instance.

Its deplorable freedom to leave cars. Guns and beer around for kids to play with.
Real trumpist freedom!

The left likes to mock freedom and liberty. (See above post.)

Arnold Schwartzenegger: "Screw your freedom!"

And how the leftist hand-wringers cheered.

Sad. 😞

People fuss about how having guns in the household means that children, if you ever have children in the house, can get ahold of your guns and cause disaster. Well its the same as anything dangerous you keep in your house such as cars and car keys. Whose to say your children won't get ahold of your car keys, or for that matter truck keys as in the case below, and take your car or truck out for a joyride and kill a bunch of people? Just take this case for instance.

So don't let you child get hold of your truck keys OR your gun.

Its deplorable freedom to leave cars. Guns and beer around for kids to play with.
Real trumpist freedom!
Is there any thread you won't try to spew your terminal TDS upon>

dumb post
His response to you is most likely accurate. I suspect you don't own guns and hope that gun owners are harassed with stupid gun laws

It’s a shame a thread with promise about how potentially a 13 year old kid caused an accident killing 9 people and the legal troubles he may face was presented in a way that will ensure it’s demise in the gun control forum.

That's tragic.

Is there any thread you won't try to spew your terminal TDS upon>
Don't like to hear your practices called out for what they are?

Understandable. I'd hide it too if I did the same.

Don't like to hear your practices called out for what they are?

Understandable. I'd hide it too if I did the same.
that's as stupid as normal-you are the one who interjects TDS laden nonsense into gun threads in an effort to troll those who don't buy into your political agenda.

Right! So leave poisons and guns and sharp objects just laying about in easy reach of a child.

People are not fussing about children getting hold of a gun. They are fussing about the stupidity of a gun owner who actually believes the propaganda of fear used by the gun pro crowd.
The problem is the idiot adult , not the child. But as usual the pro gun crowd will even blame children rather than face up to the fact that they are the problem.

Right! So leave poisons and guns and sharp objects just laying about in easy reach of a child.

People are not fussing about children getting hold of a gun. They are fussing about the stupidity of a gun owner who actually believes the propaganda of fear used by the gun pro crowd.
The problem is the idiot adult , not the child. But as usual the pro gun crowd will even blame children rather than face up to the fact that they are the problem.

Or cans of gasoline, matches...harmless stuff like that.

Real trumpist freedom!
I hope to live long enough to see the day when people stop with the stupid comparison of guns and cars.
It's doubtful, though.

We live in a very different world today than the one I grew up in.

In our household my father began teaching me about firearms when I was six. Whenever he returned from a hunt he would allow me to "help" him clean his firearms, and he used that opportunity to educate me and my brother about firearms. I didn't fire my first gun until I was 8 years old, and under my father's close supervision. That is when he took me hunting for the very first time. On my tenth birthday my father bought me my first firearm.

Because of that early education into firearms, it never occurred to me to play with firearms as if they were a toy. I also had a cap-gun revolver with which I played cops and robbers and cowboys and indians. I knew the difference between the real thing and a toy.

It is only those children who have not been taught about firearms who might consider them to be toys. As usual, it is ignorance that is the danger here.

Five year old could shoot you with a gun. Five year old could not drive a car.

Next.

Back
Top Bottom