• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

And now it's global COOLING! Record return of Arctic ice cap as it grows by 60% [W:54

Re: And now it's global COOLING! Record return of Arctic ice cap as it grows by 60% [

Your "commenter", which is just some random internet guys comment, is ignorant...A link to the paper..

Science or Science Fiction? Professionals

And now some common sense...An engineer is a person who uses science to build things or create things that serves a purpose or function. Engineers are science made real.. And a geophysicist? I really need to tell you that they are scientists? And geologists don't all work for big oil...

This was a survey of petroleum engineers in Alberta. I am from Alberta, and I can confirm that this is worse than surveying alcohol company CEOs as to whether an excise tax should be placed on alcohol.

Re: And now it's global COOLING! Record return of Arctic ice cap as it grows by 60% [

Your ill-informed layman's reasoning cannot be applied to science.

It don't take science to know stepping in dog **** stinks. Most reasonable people with average IQ's can smell for themselves and a scientific study telling us **** stinks wouldn't be necessary.

This was a survey of petroleum engineers in Alberta. I am from Alberta, and I can confirm that this is worse than surveying alcohol company CEOs as to whether an excise tax should be placed on alcohol.

Translation: I do not like what it says, so I will reject it. And anything else I do not like. So neener-neener-neener!

The deal with Global Warming... no conveniently changed in terminology to "Climate Change" is that cooling or warming, it's all man's fault. It reminds me of the line in "Demolition Man", when it's revealed that "All restaurants are Taco Bell". Well... all climate fluxuations are now "Climate Change" and if it's a little hotter, it's Global Warming - and all the chicken littles run around screaming about predictions of Polar Bears being extinct in <insert number here> years. If it's getting colder, it's obviously Global Cooling and the same predictions about New York having a 100 mile glacier on it in <insert number here> years. What's consistent is that, well... it's all our fault for using <insert item here>. You can choose from fossile fuels, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, cows farting too much, urbanization of natural lands, stripping natural resources, water pollution, air pollution, sound pollution, large corporations, DDT, etc...

nice-hypothesis-you-have-there-be-a-shame-if-someone-were-to-test-it.jpg

The commenters did the work for me:

"The survey the author cites isn’t “scientists” as stated in the title of the op-ed, it is a survey of the Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta. That’s like surveying tobacco company CEO’s about the dangers of smoking. It would be a reasonable piece about the opinion of petroleum engineers in Alberta if that was made clear, instead that was hidden. I wonder why?"

Ahh, petroleum engineers in my very own home province of Alberta--the Texas of Canada whose economy is based on oil. Checkmate.

Their livelihoods are not dependent on the promotion of global warming so I'll reserve judgement on the objectivity of the respective surveys :lol:

jo-nova-cartoon.jpg

That wasn't what the paper said,or what you said previously, now you say your from ALberta, even though your avatar says you're on North Carolina, and we should just trust you because you know better... No thanks..

Translation: I do not like what it says, so I will reject it. And anything else I do not like. So neener-neener-neener!

If you give a survey to chickens about what should be on the menu, what do you think the results will be?

If you give a survey to chickens about what should be on the menu, what do you think the results will be?

Same as if you give a survey to AGW agenda dependent climate scientists I suppose :lol:

Their livelihoods are not dependent on the promotion of global warming so I'll reserve judgement on the objectivity of the respective surveys :lol:

First of all, petroleum engineers have no specialized knowledge about climate change, so they are a very odd group to survey (coincidentally they are the most likely STEM researcher to support the oil industry, though?)

Second, their lives are dependent on oil. Therefore, things like the gasoline tax and alternative energy use that reduce oil consumption hurt their industry. People concerned about AGW promote these alternative energy sources, and therefore it hurts their industry. Logic is hard.

That wasn't what the paper said,or what you said previously, now you say your from ALberta, even though your avatar says you're on North Carolina, and we should just trust you because you know better... No thanks..

DUDE, I am going to university here at UNC. That's why it's in my username ROFL

Same as if you give a survey to AGW agenda dependent climate scientists I suppose :lol:

No. [5 chars]

Ah. The certitude of the sophomore.:peace

First of all, petroleum engineers have no specialized knowledge about climate change, so they are a very odd group to survey (coincidentally they are the most likely STEM researcher to support the oil industry, though?)

So you dont think geoscientists are amongst the many disciplines involved in climate science !

Second, their lives are dependent on oil. Therefore, things like the gasoline tax and alternative energy use that reduce oil consumption hurt their industry. People concerned about AGW promote these alternative energy sources, and therefore it hurts their industry. Logic is hard

You think oil giants will be remotely affected by this ? On the contrary the creation of false shortage .taxed and artificially restricted supply will boost their bottom line hugely just like it has for the last 40 years. The oil companies should really be paying the greens to keep this doomspeak going !

So you dont think geoscientists are amongst the many disciplines involved in climate science !

You think oil giants will be remotely affected by this ? On the contrary the creation of false shortage and taxed and artificially restricted supply will boost their bottom line hugely just like it has for the last 40 years. The oil companies should really be paying the greens to keep doomspeak this up !

These are all irrelevant details.

Your article is bad and you should feel bad.

These are all irrelevant details.

Your article is bad and you should feel bad.

Nope and I'm more than happy to let others be the judge of that :)

Ahhh, so that explains everything.

Let us know when you enter the real world, and do not have opinions spoon-fed to you.

Or what? No recess?:lamo:lamo

I could be in grad school. I'm not sure why you are laughing about being in a top college.

I could be in grad school. I'm not sure why you are laughing about being in a top college.

Perhaps because you are prepared to believe stuff like Three Goofs actually being a scientist doesnt help your credibility much there frankly :lol:

Perhaps because you are prepared to believe stuff like Three Goofs actually being a scientist doesnt help your credibility much there frankly :lol:

I know threegoofs. He is a scientist in the medical field and he was a professor.

You're not in grad school. Grad students don't talk about "being in a top college." They talk about being in a top program. For grad school UNC made me an offer. I went elsewhere.:peace

You're not in grad school. Grad students don't talk about "being in a top college." They talk about being in a top program. For grad school UNC made me an offer. I went elsewhere.:peace

Shame. UNC's grad programs are better than UVA's. Btw, Northwestern made an offer and I went to UNC :peace

I know threegoofs. He is a scientist in the medical field and he was a professor.

And I'm Elvis. I'm back because the aliens finally let me go . Uh huh, Uh huh :lamo

I didn't go to UVA either.:peace

I love the ad hominem attacks on threegoofs and me. It reveals who lost the argument.

Back
Top Bottom