• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

And now it's global COOLING! Record return of Arctic ice cap as it grows by 60% [W:54

Sandokan

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
And now it's global COOLING! Record return of Arctic ice cap as it grows by 60% in a year
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2415191/Global-cooling-Arctic-ice-caps-grows-60-global-warming-predictions.html#ixzz2eJLuQNde

* Almost a million more square miles of ocean covered with ice than in 2012
* BBC reported in 2007 global warming would leave Arctic ice-free in summer by 2013
* Publication of UN climate change report suggesting global warming caused by humans pushed back to later this month

By David Rose
PUBLISHED: 18:37 EST, 7 September 2013

A chilly Arctic summer has left nearly a million more square miles of ocean covered with ice than at the same time last year – an increase of 60 per cent.

The rebound from 2012’s record low comes six years after the BBC reported that global warming would leave the Arctic ice-free in summer by 2013.

Instead, days before the annual autumn re-freeze is due to begin, an unbroken ice sheet more than half the size of Europe already stretches from the Canadian islands to Russia’s northern shores.
article-2415191-1BAEE1D0000005DC-503_640x366.jpg
There are still people who believe in global warming, even after more than 31,000 scientists across the US have signed a petition rejecting "global warming." Even after the cooling trend has been going for at least 10 years. Even some progressives don't buy into it anymore. The Earth goes through warming and cooling periods, it happens to be a natural cycle.

There are still people who believe in global warming, even after more than 31,000 scientists across the US have signed a petition rejecting "global warming." Even after the cooling trend has been going for at least 10 years. Even some progressives don't buy into it anymore. The Earth goes through warming and cooling periods, it happens to be a natural cycle.

You can't say anything about climate based on 100 years, and you sure as Hell can't base it on 1. Please....

The stupidity of the OP has been debunked several times, please find a less boring misrepresentation of the science.

Who ever said that one storm was a climate trend?

Have you been asleep at the news for the past decade of storms?

Try to keep up, it has not warmed in relation to C02 and in fact has barely warmed at all in 15 years and hurricanes are fewer not more numerous. You guys are so brain washed it is pathetic.

A tired come back, YAAAAAWN.

See, I provided links regarding my posts.

You, as always, provide absolutely nothing.

Don't tell me to "go **** myself". It's not enlightening. It's not smart. I didn't deserve it. You look stupid.

See, I provided links regarding my posts.

You, as always, provide absolutely nothing.

Don't tell me to "go **** myself". It's not enlightening. It's not smart. I didn't deserve it. You look stupid.

Don't try to change the subject and I won't tell you to go.......

Ahh yes two links to the same study where they excluded 66% of the papers taking no position yet still got 97% out of it ! Some consensus :lol:

This shonky study has been done to death at length already elsewhere and is a fine example of the dubious methodologies used to get the desired result (see Doran Zimmermann 2009 too where they got 97% from 77 out of 10,257 originally polled :shock:)

Try again ?

Last edited:
Ahh yes two links to the same study where they excluded 66% of the papers taking no position yet still got 97% out of it ! Some consensus :lol:

This shonky study has been done to death at length already elsewhere

Try again ?

First off, you misrepresented the study. Secondly, did you actually read the study?

"Compared to abstract ratings, a smaller percentage of self-rated papers expressed no position on AGW (35.5%). Among self-rated papers expressing a position on AGW, 97.2% endorsed the consensus. For both abstract ratings and authors' self-ratings, the percentage of endorsements among papers expressing a position on AGW marginally increased over time. Our analysis indicates that the number of papers rejecting the consensus on AGW is a vanishingly small proportion of the published research."

"An analysis of abstracts published from 1993–2003 matching the search 'global climate change' found that none of 928 papers disagreed with the consensus position on AGW."

Etc.

First off, you misrepresented the study. Secondly, did you actually read the study?

I can assure you none of the misrepresentation is mine but the study's

"Compared to abstract ratings, a smaller percentage of self-rated papers expressed no position on AGW (35.5%). Among self-rated papers expressing a position on AGW, 97.2% endorsed the consensus. For both abstract ratings and authors' self-ratings, the percentage of endorsements among papers expressing a position on AGW marginally increased over time. Our analysis indicates that the number of papers rejecting the consensus on AGW is a vanishingly small proportion of the published research."

Taken from your own study abstract

We find that 66.4% of abstracts expressed no position on AGW

Ergo there cannot possibly be a 97% consensus position can there ?

"An analysis of abstracts published from 1993–2003 matching the search 'global climate change' found that none of 928 papers disagreed with the consensus position on AGW."
Etc

This was an article from a decade ago by Naomi Oreskes an activist historian who had no scientific qualifications whatsoever to determine the validity or otherwise of such climate research studies

Last edited:
Try to keep up, it has not warmed in relation to C02 and in fact has barely warmed at all in 15 years and hurricanes are fewer not more numerous. You guys are so brain washed it is pathetic.

15 years is also not long enough to say anything about climate.

Frankly, I think the scientists have a lot more proving to do, but you are so desperate to cling to the idea that it's a myth. Since you're a fan of such short time frames, today was a full 2 degrees warmer than yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom