• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

And now it's global COOLING! Record return of Arctic ice cap as it grows by 60% [W:54

Um, sawyer, we don't have control over the sun or volcanoes or orbital mechanics. We don't have any influence over those. We do have influence on our greenhouse gas emissions. That's what AGW is about: minimizing human influence and letting nature take its course. Hope this helps.

Feel free to start lobbying for taxes on solar output, though, since you're so concerned with laws regarding the other variables. I'm sure the sun will get around to paying up eventually. :lamo

edit: and note the use of the word minimizing. Not eliminating. It's impossible to have zero impact, because we exist and would like to continue doing so.

As I said, AGW is all about our C02 output, everything else is considered "natural".

Try to keep up, it has not warmed in relation to C02 and in fact has barely warmed at all in 15 years and hurricanes are fewer not more numerous. You guys are so brain washed it is pathetic.

Why are you using an abnormally hot year as your base? Temperatures over the past 100 years have steadily risen by Co2. Furthermore, ocean temperatures have risen quite a bit too.

The notion that the Earth isn't warming is rejected by basic measurements.

Also, you've been reported.

Moderator's Warning:
Stop the baiting and flaming or infractions will be issued.

Re: And now it's global COOLING! Record return of Arctic ice cap as it grows by 60% [

It amazes me that anyone believes a single thing published by David Rose, aka Laurie Mylroie's BFF.

anyway...

6a0133f03a1e37970b019aff3bba46970d-800wi.png

Sorry, Arctic sea ice isn’t really ‘recovering’

The obvious question is why is he denying the obvious truth that the ice extent in the Arctic increased?

Re: And now it's global COOLING! Record return of Arctic ice cap as it grows by 60% [

Who cares about the messenger, do you really think 1 year is a climate trend?

This is the most Arctic ice in 6 years and the most Antarctic ice Ever this year.

Just sayin'.

No, but the minds of an overwhelming majority of scientists outweigh whatever you may think.

What do the minds of an overwhelming majority of scientists weigh?

Both of the links you posted refer to the same flawed research.

It was conducted by Skeptical Science and discarded 66% of the responses that did not support it's pre-contrived conclusion allowing the volunteers to contrive the pre-determined results.

This is the standard fare for the "Science" of AGW.

Like the myth that cigarettes are bad for your health ;)

Why do you compare real science to AGW Science?

See, I provided links regarding my posts.

You, as always, provide absolutely nothing.

Don't tell me to "go **** myself". It's not enlightening. It's not smart. I didn't deserve it. You look stupid.

This is the methodology on which your 97% is based:

Scientific consensus on anthropogenic climate change

<snip>
The abstracts from these papers were randomly distributed between a team of 24 volunteers recruited through the "myth-busting" website skepticalscience.com, who used set criteria to determine the level to which the abstracts endorsed that humans are the primary cause of global warming. Each abstract was analyzed by two independent, anonymous raters.
From the 11,994 papers, 32.6 per cent endorsed AGW, 66.4 per cent stated no position on AGW, 0.7 per cent rejected AGW and in 0.3 per cent of papers, the authors said the cause of global warming was uncertain.
<snip>

Do you see what they did? They limited the responses to those that agreed with their pre-determined results and them proclaimed that 97% of the sample agreed with what they are saying the should agree with.

You need to discard this reference from your thinking. It, like most of AGW Science, is bogus.

15 years is also not long enough to say anything about climate.

Frankly, I think the scientists have a lot more proving to do, but you are so desperate to cling to the idea that it's a myth. Since you're a fan of such short time frames, today was a full 2 degrees warmer than yesterday.

The hysteria on Global Warming has risen from 20 years of warming between 1980 and 2000. It seems to me that 10 years of cooling is about 50% as long as 20 years of warming...

Let's see... the locomotive leaves Chicago, carry the one... Yep! About half as long.

View attachment 67153966

The hypothesis is that over time, rising levels of CO2 contribute to higher temperatures. Not that there's a direct and immediate causal link. Your misunderstanding of what the theory actually is probably leads you to think it couldn't possibly be true.

What everybody doesn't say is that planting more trees would help get rid of CO2. They breathe that **** in and breathe out oxygen ( in a way). Planting more trees would certainly be pleasant, don't you think?

Not to nit pick, but this has not been elevated to the level of being a hypothesis and cannot be until there is a test defined to falsify this notion.

The notion is yet to be proven. Falsifying the unproven is a waste of time.

Do you think anyone is claiming CO2 is the only variable?

Actually, if CO2 was claimed by the AGW Science crowd as the only variable, they would be much more accurate.

They build in the feedback loops and water vapor as add ons and this distorts the results of the their models to the point of fantasy.

This, however, the state of AGW science. Who is going to make movies about a gradual warming trend that makes winter less severe? Has to be runaway global warming with Miami under 150 feet of sea water.

Maybe I can clarify AGW for you, sawyer, because you have just displayed a fundamental misconception. It wouldn't be accurate to describe the premise of AGW as saying CO2 is "the primary driver of climate."

Rather, it is one of several major factors, and over the last century or so it is the factor that has driven the greatest change in temperature. But only over that period, and other factors have still been important to the final outcome.

Does that help?

With respect, the Science of AGW DOES cite CO2 at the primary Driver and it also says that the rise of CO2 will drive the other forcing agents to crete runaway global warming.

If you don't like the Science of AGW, that is fine, but you can't define away what it actually is.

Wait, you think this hasn't been explained or experimented on?

If it had been, there would be a stated Hypothesis and perhaps a stated Scientific Theory on the subject.

Can you find any scientific organization on the planet that classes AGW as a Scientific Theory or even as a Scientific Hypothesis?

What is the test that falsifies this notion?

The reason I'm skeptical is because of data. You simply can't tell about climate based on 100 years of reliable weather observations. We could have been living in a cold spell, or a warm spell. The last mini-ice age ended just before the Industrial Revolution. Things were getting a little warmer naturally anyway.

But climate is a long term thing. It could be getting warmer as a natural cycle. Or it could be CO2, the science certainly looks like it's a possibility. Setting up a test would be almost impossible because of all the variables involved in it. Like Einstein's theory being proved by observing the eclipse, you need long term natural cycles that we just don't know enough about to say one way or the other.

Drs. Adriano Mazzarella & Nicola Scafetta think they have found a naturally occurring cycle that has been repeating since 1700.

http://people.duke.edu/~ns2002/pdf/Mazzarella-Scafetta-60-yr.pdf

Except this isn't the only thing they're doing. Nobody is just looking at temperature charts and declaring they know the answer. Those natural forcings? Enormous effort has been put into measuring and understanding them.

The folks who are studying this are tied to the notion that CO2 is the prime driver of climate and they are wrong every time in every prediction when using this link. It's almost a little sad.

It must be like hoping the Vikings will win a Super Bowl.

And now they're being encouraged to ...
a) drop the recent period of cooling from the looming UN report ...
b) change the measurement period so it doesn't look so bad for the alarmists ...
c) explain where all that heat is going.

I tells ya ... they are not a happy bunch right now, those career alarmists.

Um, sawyer, we don't have control over the sun or volcanoes or orbital mechanics. We don't have any influence over those. We do have influence on our greenhouse gas emissions. That's what AGW is about: minimizing human influence and letting nature take its course. Hope this helps.

Feel free to start lobbying for taxes on solar output, though, since you're so concerned with laws regarding the other variables. I'm sure the sun will get around to paying up eventually. :lamo

edit: and note the use of the word minimizing. Not eliminating. It's impossible to have zero impact, because we exist and would like to continue doing so.

If we close ALL of our coal fired Power plants, this will have zero impact because the rest of the world is firing up a new one every week and that pace is increasing.

If you think that our efforts within our borders is going to have any impact on the rise of CO2, you are delusional.

Is there anything man could do that would be unnatural?

Can I ask a Bible thumper about beastiality before I give my final answer?

b) change the measurement period so it doesn't look so bad for the alarmists ...

Good morning, Bubba. :2wave:

Manipulate the data to make themselves look better, in spite of the known facts? Yeah, that's a recipe for success if I ever heard one, since it seems that was what caused the problems in the first place! However, I have no doubt that the plan will continue to be... "Full steam ahead on the agenda!," because there's money to be made by a few billionaires. :eek:

Why are you using an abnormally hot year as your base? Temperatures over the past 100 years have steadily risen by Co2. Furthermore, ocean temperatures have risen quite a bit too.

The notion that the Earth isn't warming is rejected by basic measurements.

Also, you've been reported.

Surface temperatures have NOT risen steadily. The rise has erratic. The data to support the rise of temperature has been revised on at least three occasions by NASA indicating that NASA thinks that the data upon which they rely is suspect.

Really, the only reliable data we have for temperature change started in about 1978 with the weather satellites. Previous estimates relied heavily on regional averaging and adjustments of the actual data.

Regarding the temperature of the Oceans, while you are quoting the popular dogma, the actual data collection in a verifiably scientific methodology started in only about 2005 after the deployment and calibration of the ARGO Array of Buoys. Since then, the beginning temperatures were surprisingly low. Following that the changes have been statistically insignificant, but do indicate cooling.

REAL science is in variance to what AGW Science states with increasingly false and shrill passion.

Last edited:

Good morning, Bubba. :2wave:

Manipulate the data to make themselves look better, in spite of the known facts? Yeah, that's a recipe for success if I ever heard one, since it seems that was what caused the problems in the first place! However, I have no doubt that the plan will continue to be... "Full steam ahead on the agenda!," because there's money to be made by a few billionaires. :eek:

Yup ... and for those more ideologically inclined, a giant leap for Government control.
Funny thing is, if they had had their way they'd be pointing to these things as successes instead of having to cover them up or explain them.

The disappearing heat is a good example of the AGW Science thinking. They used to say that the missing heat was being absorbed by the oceans. Enter the ARGO Array of buoys that methodically measures the temperature of the ocean around the globe and reports it from 3000 points on a regular basis for all depths down to 3000 meters. Turns out there's no warming there either.

What is the reaction of AGW Science? The warming is being held in the waters of the ocean that is even deeper than the ARGO Buoys dive. It's there, but we just can't measure it. It's our fault that it's there and our fault that we can't measure it. WOW!

What is the reaction of real scientist? Find out where the missing heat is going. If you start with the assumed fact that additional CO2 will block more and more heat to the level of Venus, the only option is that the heat is trapped in the ecoshpere and must be here somewhere. This stops the research short of a full examination of the data. This is the standard of AGW Science.

If you look at ALL of the possibilities, you may find something else. Turns out we are radiating more heat into space than AGW Science is comfortable accepting. AGW science is at the level of Astrology in circles of real science.

http://pielkeclimatesci.wordpress.c...-energy-balance-by-spencer-and-braswell-2011/

Remote Sensing | Free Full-Text | On the Misdiagnosis of Surface Temperature Feedbacks from Variations in Earth

<snip>
“The satellite observations suggest there is much more energy lost to space during and after warming than the climate models show,” Spencer said. “There is a huge discrepancy between the data and the forecasts that is especially big over the oceans.”

Not only does the atmosphere release more energy than previously thought, it starts releasing it earlier in a warming cycle. The models forecast that the climate should continue to absorb solar energy until a warming event peaks. Instead, the satellite data shows the climate system starting to shed energy more than three months before the typical warming event reaches its peak.

“At the peak, satellites show energy being lost while climate models show energy still being gained,” Spencer said.
<snip>

Back
Top Bottom