• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

And many thought their Wedding/Reception had problems/family issues

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
If the bride and groom don't want kids at the reception, that's their call. And they're excluding all children. The niece-to-be in question is only 4, and the bride-to-be, herself a special ed. teacher, has a friend who is willing to babysit rather than attend the reception.

As she posted:

[The 4-year old is}...ASD level 2, her triggers are music that’s not kids, food with certain textures, lights, other people sitting certain ways, clothing textures the whole thing (even if the clothes are on other people, I have my dream dress for the reception because if I wore it around her it would trigger her).

"My fiance and mother-in-law are telling (the sister-in-law) off, saying it’s not fair to the family to have to accommodate my niece 24/7 and they want to have a night of adult fun without worrying about a niece meltdown because I decided to wear a sparkly dress and serve chicken and listen to music that wasn't created for children. My fiance and I want a childfree wedding reception because personally, we don't have time to hang out with our friends without children around and we all deserve a night of adult-only fun." Woman tries to get bride fired for not allowing children at wedding reception | Fox News

Back
Top Bottom