• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anarchy. Time for Martial Law?

Should Martial Law be declared in Minneapolis / Portland if the Rule of Law is lacking

• No

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
A state of emergency and martial law should be declared in the cities of the riots. With this, it should be boomed out so all can hear "looters will be shot" - and that means with live ammo. It would not take shooting many to end all looting and arson. Problem solved.

I do not write that as hyperbole.

Now let me tell you how much liberals believe in big government

The Mayors of Minneapolis, Seattle, and Portland, as well as the Governors of Minnesota, Washington, and Oregon need to be arrested and charged with 18 U.S. Code § 2339 (Harboring/Concealing Terrorists) and 18 U.S. Code § 2384 (Seditious Conspiracy). They are looking at up to 30 years in a federal prison if convicted.

:lamo

God, they don’t even pretend to be something other than fascists anymore.

Terrorism is and sedition are the purview of the Federal government, therefore Trump must be arrested under the same charges.

A state of emergency and martial law should be declared in the cities of the riots. With this, it should be boomed out so all can hear "looters will be shot" - and that means with live ammo. It would not take shooting many to end all looting and arson. Problem solved.

If that backfires, it would be a catastrophe, like any escalation of violence.

When someone commits a crime, in civil law that person is arrested, charged, and brought to court, not summarily shot in the streets. Or is that kind of legal system something you actually want to end?

You should by a pair of jodhpurs and some jackboots.

If the local and state governments abdicate power then it is up to the Feds to protect the rights of the citizens who live there until such time they can replace the local government officials.

Yeah, and according to the constitution, congress decides when that happens.

The Mayors of Minneapolis, Seattle, and Portland, as well as the Governors of Minnesota, Washington, and Oregon need to be arrested and charged with 18 U.S. Code § 2339 (Harboring/Concealing Terrorists) and 18 U.S. Code § 2384 (Seditious Conspiracy). They are looking at up to 30 years in a federal prison if convicted.

So you view America as a single party system, and you'd imprison everyone who disagrees with you.

Interesting.

I didn't either... that is why I made a mathematical equation out of my reasoning...

Minneapolis and Portland have been in a
State of Anarchy if not "Riot".

If I owned property in either area I would certainly Wonder -
- Where Is Law Enforcement?

This Is Not A Black Thing!
This is a thing of non resident militias creating havoc.

Moi sez
"Enough is enough".
Enforce the "Rule of Law".

President Trump should give local, county, State authorities 48 hours to restore order or face "Martial Law".
Including federal military involvement.

Moi

In '68, protesting Vietnam was considered contrary to "law and order".
Portland, Minneapolis are truly so. Or am I so . . .

STOP :2canadian​
Your statement that "this is not a Black thing" spoiled your post, as what you mean is "this isn't BLM" .. and, then you really spoil it by saying it's about "militias". :roll:

It's too late to cover it up, as everyone in America pretty much knows it's BLM behind all the violence, the bullying, rioting, looting, assaulting and murder in our cities' streets.

So now the left is just going to have to deal with it. And as the DHS and DOJ investigation into who's funding the violence will most definitely find the smoking gun leading to BLM, the left will soon have to deal with the arrest of the BLM founders on organized crime charges.

Little attempts at denial of the truth that BLM is the source behind all the violence are .. futile.

:roll:

Minneapolis and Portland have been in a State of Anarchy if not "Riot".
No, they haven't. Protests and damage are happening in tiny parts of town. Seriously. In Portland, it's like 10 city blocks.

Stop the bull****.

This Is Not A Black Thing! This is a thing of non resident militias creating havoc.
If you mean heavily armed right-wing militias, then yes, that's a pretty serious issue. But even with them, the "havoc" is incredibly small. It's just inflated to outlandish proportions by the media, especially on the right.

President Trump should give local, county, State authorities 48 hours to restore order or face "Martial Law".
Including federal military involvement.
No, dude. Maybe that's how Russia functions, but it's not how America works.

In the US, the use of federal law enforcement and military is very strictly controlled. Federal officers can only validly protect federal property; the US Army can't intervene unless or until invited by the governor of the state.

And again, the protests are small, the number of properties effected are incredibly small. The vast majority of protests are peaceful. Try to pay attention. Das ve danya.

Yeah, and according to the constitution, congress decides when that happens.

They already did with the insurrection act.

Well we have the

Kill them all and let god sort them out crowd

And

The lets talk them to death crowd

Actually both teams have failed addressing poverty and unemployment for blacks. That is.really what is driving.all the unrest.. It is not a democrat thing. Republicans have done nothing when they had the opportunity. What have they ever tried to change?

Blacks are predominantly democrats, poor blacks concentrate in cities where the support structure is. They vote in democrats.

Government always took the easy way out. Throw money at the problem. Bribe them to stay out of sight and out of mind. It will be expensive to break the bonds of our generational welfare system. Welfare to work will work. We did it under Clinton

Or we.can keep kicking the can down the road republicans blaming democrats but not willing to change anything.

He didn't do anything yet.

Yeah, how'd those federal agents work out?

Tell me of how that humiliating failure was actually a triumph.

So you view America as a single party system, and you'd imprison everyone who disagrees with you.

Interesting.

I would have those who violate the law arrested, charged, and tried. Why am I not surprised that you wouldn't? :doh

Yeah, how'd those federal agents work out?

Tell me of how that humiliating failure was actually a triumph.

Ask Antifa, they don't seem to be very happy at the moment with the feds. A lot of them seem to be getting arrested and charged with federal crimes. The Oregon state police are now deputized federal agents as well.

I would have those who violate the law arrested, charged, and tried. Why am I not surprised that you wouldn't? :doh

Oh, I do. It's just that you and I have different ideas of what crime is.

To you, anyone who disagrees with your authoritarian backwoods ranting is a criminal.

Ask Antifa, they don't seem to be very happy at the moment with the feds. A lot of them seem to be getting arrested and charged with federal crimes. The Oregon state police are now deputized federal agents as well.

Do you have a contact number for antifa? :lol:

Or a link to these mass arrests?

Do you have a contact number for antifa? :lol:

Or a link to these mass arrests?

That's your problem. I am just enjoying the show.

That's your problem. I am just enjoying the show.

So what you're saying is that you just made some **** up.

Understood. I will adjust the perceived value of your posts accordingly. :)

It just so happens that I've got your Marshall law swinging.

So what you're saying is that you just made some **** up.

Understood. I will adjust the perceived value of your posts accordingly. :)

That's up to you I could care less.

Your statement that "this is not a Black thing" spoiled your post, as what you mean is "this isn't BLM" .. and, then you really spoil it by saying it's about "militias". :roll:

It's too late to cover it up, as everyone in America pretty much knows it's BLM behind all the violence, the bullying, rioting, looting, assaulting and murder in our cities' streets.

So now the left is just going to have to deal with it. And as the DHS and DOJ investigation into who's funding the violence will most definitely find the smoking gun leading to BLM, the left will soon have to deal with the arrest of the BLM founders on organized crime charges.

Little attempts at denial of the truth that BLM is the source behind all the violence are .. futile.

We disagree.
Black Thing, etc.

Those "militias" that would use them or those as a call to arms.
Comprende, Militias?

Yes indeed, Black Thing is relevant.
Even if "bussed in"

Even if the most riotous members of the mob,
have no local address?

PLEASE Go Figure!
Don't be :2canadian:

Back
Top Bottom