• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Analysis of “Stand Your Ground” Self-defense Laws and Statewide Rates of Homicides and Firearm Homicides

app
Yeahhhhh. "Rittenhoused".

like that 9 year old girl got in that pickup truck the other day eh Turtle? She got "Rittenhoused", looks like a pretty grave matter, also involving a possible "9mm colonoscopy" right?

She got "Rittenhoused". We should let the parents in on that fabulous term, they'll be comforted knowing their daughter was "Rittenhoused" and her death was not in vain. She died so that a Good Guy could battle the Bad Guys in the streets. Obviously a well qualified and safety-conscious Second Amendment patriot, out to keep everyone safe and secure.

You're the one applying that term to a 9 year old girl for political effect. I hesitate to call it effect, because it's mainly effective in shining a light on yourself.

app

You're the one applying that term to a 9 year old girl for political effect. I hesitate to call it effect, because it's mainly effective in shining a light on yourself.

Your really creepy deflection attempt of trying to "shame" me for pointing out the dead children that our fabulous Gun Nuts unhealthy obsession with guns creates detected and

dis - M I S S E D ! ! ! !

dismissed.gif

Your really creepy deflection attempt of trying to "shame" me for pointing out the dead children that our fabulous Gun Nuts unhealthy obsession with guns creates detected and

dis - M I S S E D ! ! ! !

View attachment 67376686
Dismissing a fact doesn't make it go away. I've noticed that pointing out facts, often does make you go away, though.

The facts are, you applied those terms to the girl.

Dismissing a fact doesn't make it go away. I've noticed that pointing out facts, often does make you go away, though.

The facts are, you applied those terms to the girl.

You still here?

I dismissed you. 🥱:sleep:

Attachments

• dismissed.gif
    dismissed.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
You still here?

I dismissed you. 🥱:sleep:

Is it still you who applied those terms to the girl? Why yes it is.

Why do you want to distract now? You seemed proud enough when you did it.

Right?

206d836a00812d2dec86fe3a97e9e19bba8a16aa5a904d9b0ed7600a74d018e7.gif

So as not to disappoint. :ROFLMAO:

Yeahhhhh. "Rittenhoused".

like that 9 year old girl got in that pickup truck the other day eh Turtle? She got "Rittenhoused", looks like a pretty grave matter, also involving a possible "9mm colonoscopy" right?

She got "Rittenhoused". We should let the parents in on that fabulous term, they'll be comforted knowing their daughter was "Rittenhoused" and her death was not in vain. She died so that a Good Guy could battle the Bad Guys in the streets. Obviously a well qualified and safety-conscious Second Amendment patriot, out to keep everyone safe and secure.
why lie-she was not attacking anyone and I condemned the idiot who shot her

try again, your nonsense is weak

So you're not arguing that stand your gun laws have reduced violent crime, you're arguing that they might not be the reason there was more violent crime?
Either way, these numbers sure seem to indicate that stand your ground laws are not reducing violent crime.
So, it's not for reducing violent crime that's enforcement and the justice systems job. Stand your ground means you don't have to run away if your life is threatened. It really has nothing to do with reducing any crime is more about protecting rights.

years ago, some University did a study where they got some hard core street criminals doing time at some tough prison, and they played films of people the University had recorded shopping at a mall. They asked each prisoner to note on a score sheet, if the person they were observing was someone they might mug if they were on the streets. There were variations, some people, almost every tough thug said yes, and some (like athletic looking younger men in a group of jocks) they said no. But what was interesting was the subject almost everyone of them said NO, was a guy in his late fifties, and not particularly big or tall--the man was probably in the 5-7 to 5-9 (its been a long time since I saw this report) and the guy was less than 150 or so pounds. The researchers interviewed some of the prisoners and asked why? one said the guy gave him "bad vibes" and another guy said "that dude's a stone cold killer and another guy thought the subject was "a narc or a Fed" They all sensed something about the man that gave them a feeling he would not be an easy target. Turns out the guy was a former highly trained military operative who was no stranger to killing up close and personal in Viet Nam.

I'm confused here. Can you clarify who they claimed they would roll, again?

Yes, it is key, and I'm glad you understand how important that data would be to someone thinking about the effects of SYG laws. Yet the leftist PhDs ignored it, like it doesn't even matter.

Private individual firearm ownership is by far the most cost effective way of dealing with violent criminals in the act.
I doubt that. They simply point out that the odds of being attacked are greater when told to you by a pro gun nut job who wants you to be scared not to have a gun.

Private ownership would be better if it was not for the fact that some private owners are actual idiots with a gun and a belief in the right to kill with a gun.

I doubt that. They simply point out that the odds of being attacked are greater when told to you by a pro gun nut job who wants you to be scared not to have a gun.

Private ownership would be better if it was not for the fact that some private owners are actual idiots with a gun and a belief in the right to kill with a gun.

And sadly, the background checks don't possess foresight.

Back
Top Bottom