• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Analysis: Larger NATO Baltic Sea Exercise Sends Important Message to Russia

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

For Poland and the three Baltic States, an extremely important show of NATO force.

CgoNUkWUoAAwEJl.jpg

BALTOPS 16 (June 3 - June 18) ranges across a considerable portion of the Baltic Sea

More posturing... exactly what the world needs, more passive threats against whoever.

(World leaders might as well show up in some central location, compare dick sizes, and get it over with.)

More posturing... exactly what the world needs, more passive threats against whoever.

(World leaders might as well show up in some central location, compare dick sizes, and get it over with.)

It is true that demonstrating readiness is not enough. You need to station troops, as Putin demonstrated for us in Eastern Ukraine, Crimea or Syria. We don't, he will.

The NATO ground phase - Anakonda 16 - has begun. This is a Polish-led exercise that brings together land forces from 24 nations to train together as one military to demonstrate that the Alliance and its partners are ready for and capable of dealing with any contingency.

Simpleχity;1065928182 said:

For Poland and the three Baltic States, an extremely important show of NATO force.

CgoNUkWUoAAwEJl.jpg

BALTOPS 16 (June 3 - June 18) ranges across a considerable portion of the Baltic Sea

Why is this "important"? Russia already knows they are threatened by NATO, they already recognize the belligerent actions of that treaty organization. Why is this important? It seems like a big waste of $ to me.

It seems like a big waste of $ to me.
Your buddy in Moscow doesn't think military exercises are a waste of money.

The Kremlin has planned over 200 "snap" military exercises for 2016.

Moscow engages in "snap" military exercises to avoid notification obligations.

Simpleχity;1065933933 said:
Your buddy in Moscow doesn't think military exercises are a waste of money.

The Kremlin has planned over 200 "snap" military exercises for 2016.

Moscow engages in "snap" military exercises to avoid notification obligations.

Pretty much the answer I expected from a purveyor of Pentagon newspeak.

Pretty much the answer I expected from a purveyor of Pentagon newspeak.
And pretty much the attitude I expected from a Putinista and Ayatollah BFF.

Back
Top Bottom