• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

An underground nuclear site in Iran suddenly and mysteriously lost power on Sunday after the facility started up advanced centrifuges that will allow

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

An underground nuclear site in Iran suddenly and mysteriously lost power on Sunday after the facility started up advanced centrifuges that will allow it to enrich uranium faster as negotiations continue on the nuke accord that the US pulled out of in 2018, according to reports.

Iranian officials investigated the outage in Natanz as media outlets in Israel suggested the outage could be the result of cyberattacks, the Associated Press reported.

The Natanz facility is the cornerstone of Iran’s uranium enrichment program and is monitored by the International Atomic Energy Agency, the UN watchdog.
=============================================================
I read briefly in another source that they are now whining that we hit them with Son of Stuxnet virus & messed up a lot of their gear. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuxnet. No one wishes the Iranians well. The Persian people have been around for many thousands of years but it is in everyone's interest to not help them develop an A-bomb.

An underground nuclear site in Iran suddenly and mysteriously lost power on Sunday after the facility started up advanced centrifuges that will allow it to enrich uranium faster as negotiations continue on the nuke accord that the US pulled out of in 2018, according to reports.

Iranian officials investigated the outage in Natanz as media outlets in Israel suggested the outage could be the result of cyberattacks, the Associated Press reported.

The Natanz facility is the cornerstone of Iran’s uranium enrichment program and is monitored by the International Atomic Energy Agency, the UN watchdog.
=============================================================
I read briefly in another source that they are now whining that we hit them with Son of Stuxnet virus & messed up a lot of their gear. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuxnet. No one wishes the Iranians well. The Persian people have been around for many thousands of years but it is in everyone's interest to not help them develop an A-bomb.
Iran says Natanz atomic site blackout an act of ‘nuclear terrorism’, raising regional tensions
  • Ali Akbar Salehi, the head of the Atomic Energy Organisation of Iran, stopped short of directly blaming anyone for the incident

• If Israel caused the blackout, it further heightens tensions between the two nations, already engaged in a shadow conflict across the wider Middle East

Iran on Sunday described a blackout at its underground Natanz atomic facility an act of “nuclear terrorism,” raising regional tensions.

Ali Akbar Salehi, the head of the Atomic Energy Organisation of Iran, stopped short of directly blaming anyone for the incident. Details remained scarce about what happened early on Sunday morning at the facility, which initially was described as a blackout caused by the electrical grid feeding the site.

Many Israeli media outlets offered the same assessment that a cyberattack darkened Natanz and damaged a facility that is home to sensitive centrifuges. While the reports offered no sourcing for the evaluation, Israeli media maintains a close relationship with the country’s military and intelligence agencies.
===============================================================
They figured out that they had been screwed by a dedicated worm-type virus, one that destroys the equipment that are controlled by computers.

Free the Persians. Death to the Iranian regime.

Free the Persians. Death to the Iranian regime.

My bro-in-law worked for a gov't intelligence agency. He's so good at picking up languages that they sent him to learn Farsi for 2 or 3 years, then sent him into live in a Persian section of Los Angeles. They called that part 'Persian immersion.' And guess what? Our government never used his Farsi abilities. Total waste of many thousands of $$$.

My bro-in-law worked for a gov't intelligence agency. He's so good at picking up languages that they sent him to learn Farsi for 2 or 3 years, then sent him into live in a Persian section of Los Angeles. They called that part 'Persian immersion.' And guess what? Our government never used his Farsi abilities.

There're a few explanations. Maybe he can't tell you what he did. Maybe his Farci wasn't up to par for foreign spy work. Maybe he found another talent that better suited current needs.

I'm not sure what we're to take from that.

My bro-in-law worked for a gov't intelligence agency. He's so good at picking up languages that they sent him to learn Farsi for 2 or 3 years, then sent him into live in a Persian section of Los Angeles. They called that part 'Persian immersion.' And guess what? Our government never used his Farsi abilities. Total waste of many thousands of $$$.

As someone who went to the Defense Language Institute, I have strong opinions about the utter failure of the US government (especially the military) to efficiently use their linguists.

He may have learned Farsi at the Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center at Monterey or the Defense Language Institute in San Antonio.

IIRC, there was a huge fire at the Natanz facility not that long ago.

Mossad attack most likely.

He may have learned Farsi at the Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center at Monterey or the Defense Language Institute in San Antonio.

They are playing with very nasty stuff. Uranium metal is bad enough to work with . UF6 is a corrosive gas & that reacts violently with water. It magnifies the chance of having a fire or explosion.

Maybe. His 'Persian Immersion' tale could have just been a cover. It's right out of 'Tinker, Tailor.'

He was working there when we got bin Laden. I was at his place just after & when I mentioned that the Pakistanis had rounded up their network in Abbotobad he acted like I'd just shocked him with electricity. Right out of 'Tinker, Tailor'.

Last edited:
Stuxnet 2.0. Even the most devout of Ayatollahs are not safe from Israeli cyber attacks.

It would have been Monterey. AFAIK, they don't teach Farsi at the DLI here in SA.

Back
Top Bottom